Tired

Under the Light of a Thousand Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ít’s a world of laughter,

A world of tears.

It’s a world of hopes,

And a world of fears.

There’s so much that we share,

That it’s time we’re aware,

It’s a small world after all.

 

It’s a Small World was blaring through the speakers as the crowd began to gather along the streets of Disneyland. Tourists, friends, couples, and families from various ages have started to flock the sidewalks and take their spots while waiting for the afternoon parade to commence. Coming from a snack break, Jong Kook led his family through the sea of people with his right hand pushing the baby stroller carrying an active 3-year old Jin-ae while his left arm was wrapped securely around Ji Hyo’s shoulder.

 

A free spot was luckily discovered by the family that has enough space for the three of them. Jong Kook activated the breaks of the stroller as Ji Hyo sat on the pavement, right in front of Jin-ae.

 

“Omma!” Jin-ae squealed and squirmed inside her stroller as she aggressively pulled the Minnie Mouse ears off from Ji Hyo’s head. Ji Hyo winced at the surprise attack and Jong Kook pressed his lips together upon seeing this.

 

“Jin-ae, you shouldn’t be rough with omma,” Jong Kook scolded his daughter. Jin-ae sweetly smiled and turned to her omma to apologize, “Omma, I’m sorry. I just wanted to borrow this.”

 

“No worries but ask nicely next time, alright?” Ji Hyo pinched her cheek lightly as her little girl beamed. Jong Kook, on the other hand, ruffled Jin-ae’s hair and sat next to his wife.

 

There was no denying how weary Ji Hyo had already looked. Her eyes are fighting off the exhaustion from today’s activities: a glamorous visit at the famous Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique where Jin-ae was dressed as Snow White (her personal request after her Appa showed her a photo of Omma in a Snow White dress at the airport), meet and greets with her favorite Disney characters, and multiple rides and attractions that are fit for a toddler. He reached for his wife’s head and gently tipped it towards his shoulder so she could lean on him comfortably.

 

“You okay, yeobo?” he tapped her knee.

 

Ji Hyo sighed, “I never thought that today would be more tiring compared to our missions for Running Man.”

 

Jong Kook chuckled as he heard this and planted a kiss on top of her head, “After the parade, we’ll get back to the hotel and order room service so you can take a nap before dinner.”

 

“I’d love that. How many minutes do we still have to wait?”

 

“About 15? Wanna take a quick power nap?”

 

“Hmm, tempting,” Ji Hyo turned around to check on Jin-ae who was still busy playing with her minnie mouse ears, “Can you handle the princess by yourself?”

 

“Easy. Have some confidence in your dear nampyeon,” he grinned.

 

“I’ll wait it out. If I sleep now, I’ll be in a grumpier mood if my sleep gets interrupted.”

 

“Arasso but you can still change your mind,” he winked.

 

Soon, more people started to draw near their area which forced Ji Hyo and Jong Kook to stand up in order for them to see a better view of the main road where the parade would pass by.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter