Jitters

Under the Light of a Thousand Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disclaimer: Home Series ficlet (click on the link to see order of events in the series description)

 

P.S. Thanks windflower01 for giving me my “J” ;-)

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

Ji Hyo nervously tapped her fingers on the theatre armchair and held her breath as she stared at the stage in front of her.

 

“Yeobo, breathe. She’s going to be alright,” Jong Kook interlaced his fingers with hers.

 

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook were currently at Jin-ae’s first ballet recital. Ji Hyo still couldn’t believe that they, no, she made it to this moment. She closed her eyes and recalled that afternoon when her daughter excitedly came home from a playdate with one of their neighbors.

 

“Omma, can you teach me how to dance?” Jin-ae beamed at her omma.

 

Jong Kook laughed loudly at Ji Hyo’s panic-stricken face which then shifted into a glare clearly pointed at him.

 

“Dance? Why would you ask Omma that?” Ji Hyo tucked a strand of Jin-ae’s hair behind her ear.

 

“You never told me you were a ballerina!!” she exclaimed. “Omma, you were like a princess!!”

 

Ji Hyo’s face turned blank and looked up to her husband in confusion.

 

Jong Kook scrunched his face then clicked his tongue upon realizing what their daughter was referring to, “I think I know what she’s talking about.” He turned to Jin-ae, “Sweetheart, did you see Omma on tv?”

 

Jin-ae nodded, “Uh-huh. I saw it on Hye-rin’s tv. Appa, her hair was really short and I love her tutu! Can we do that, Omma? Pretty please?”

 

“Yeobo, she might have seen your character in Goong,” Jong Kook mumbled while he earnestly looked through his phone for a youtube video of Ji Hyo’s ballet scene. “Aha, here,” he handed his phone to his wife.

 

Ji Hyo bit her lip while she watched the short clip. She barely remembered her filming days in Goong since it happened over ten years ago, except for the ballet sequence which she knows pretty well. This is mainly because they got her a stunt double. Let’s be real. She’s never been a dancer. She has two left feet and jives well with Kwangsoo, Se Chan and Suk Jin’s dance skills.

 

“Omma, I want to be a ballerina just like you!” their daughter jumped and hugged her as Ji Hyo’s face became unreadable once again and glanced over her husband for help.

 

“Jin-ae ah, do you really want to become a ballerina?” Jong Kook asked.

 

“Of course, Appa!”

 

“Arasso. We’ll look for a ballet school, neh?” He smiled.

 

“What a softy—,” Ji Hyo silently blurted out.

 

“Huh?” Jong Kook looked at her confused.

 

“Jin-ae, don’t you want to do taekwondo like Appa?” Ji Hyo interrupted.

 

She shook her head profusely, “I want to be a princess like you, Omma. Can I play with Kookie now? I need to tell him that we’re going to be ballerinas!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter