Fight

Under the Light of a Thousand Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This ficlet is based on my Home Series. I suggest that you read Field Day so you would get the references for this chapter.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Oppa, how do I look?” Ji Hyo came out of their walk-in closet, strutting a black tailored-fit Alexander Mcqueen jumpsuit that complimented well with her growing baby bump and paired the entire attire with her sleek Christian Louboutin mules.

 

Jong Kook opened his eyes wide and whistled, “Yeobo, as much as I love how gorgeous you look right now, aren’t you a little too overdressed for a Parent-Teacher Conference?”

 

She glared at him, “It’s not just a PTC, we’re being summoned at the principal’s office cause Jin-ae was allegedly caught in a fight!”

 

He placed his hands on her waist, “Hey, relax. We don’t fully know the details yet. Our baby’s such an angel. I’m quite certain that there must be a misunderstanding.”

 

She crossed her arms over her chest and raised an eyebrow at her husband, “How can you be so calm about this when our daughter is clearly the victim here?!”

 

He smiled and drew his wife closer, “It’s because I am confident that your hormones have enough willpower to save our daughter from getting kicked out.”

 

“Not funny,” she scowled.

 

“I was joking. Lighten up a little. I should change into something decent. My gym clothes won’t do when you look so fine,” he kissed her cheek and left the room to get dressed.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

As they arrived at the school halls, Jong Kook interlaced his fingers with Ji Hyo’s, whose face and outfit evoke a fierce woman coming from a chaebol family. He gave her a quick glance and noticed the fiery glint in her eyes. He couldn’t help but chuckle. The rascal who had crossed their daughter did not know who he was messing with. His wife is surely ready to take him on. He would’ve done the same thing but he figured, one ferocious mama was enough, for now.

 

Bewildered by his sudden laughter, she stopped in her tracks and looked at him, “Wae?”

 

“Remind me to take you out on a date at that steak place soon,” he grinned.

 

She blinked her eyes at him, “Just that steak place? You’ve got to be kidding. What do you take me for, yeobo? Steak isn’t going to simply cut it now that I’ve unleashed a new side of Bad Ji Hyo.”

 

“My bad. Mianhe,” he kissed her hand, “Then how about that private fine dining place we went to three months ago?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter