Kids

Under the Light of a Thousand Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inspired by Episode 169 of My Ugly Duckling

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

Kids. Kim Jong Kook loves them. They’re one of his weaknesses. Ever since his cousins, brother and friends started having them, he stepped up his game in becoming the world’s greatest samchon. Whenever an opportunity arises, he babysits them, spends quality time with them, shoulders their needs, spoils their wants and does the craziest favors for them. Thus, he became an instant favorite for being the coolest samchon ever.

 

As he grew much older, he learned to set a few boundaries in treating them to avoid conflicts with his friends’ parenting and jealousy and comparison issues among the children, especially within their circle wherein his peers and their kids have become friends as well.

 

Despite that, there were still circumstances wherein he couldn’t avoid getting caught in the middle. For instance, he couldn’t say no to Yoo Se Yoon Omma’s request for Jong Kook to join Se Yoon as traffic enforcers for the day in Min Ha’s school. Since it was caught on air, the PDs of MUD decided to push through with the plan and the rest was history.

 

Jong Kook felt embarrassed with Se Yoon’s antics but he couldn’t deny that he enjoyed meeting and spending time with his kid. Every time he does something big for his nieces, nephews or friends’ children, his heart just feels fuzzy and warm, hoping that he’ll be able to do this soon with Ji Hyo in the future.

 

When the episode was aired, his fans went crazy. Who wouldn’t? His abs and kind personality did the trick. His family and friends also found it quite amusing with a few snickers from his nieces and nephews, “how come you never showed up at our school?” Of course he knew it was a joke, noting that they would be too embarrassed if he actually showed up. He was already overprotective over them and he wouldn’t be ashamed to show that off in public, to his nieces and nephews’ horror.

 

There was one reaction that he did not expect. Something that never crossed his mind. He was currently at the Has, visiting his dongsaeng Dong Hoon and his lovely family when Dream reluctantly greeted him with a gloomy expression written on his face.

 

“Hey little man, what’s the matter?” Jong Kook gently rubbed his face.

 

“Do you still like playing with me?” Dream asked.

 

“Of course. What made you say that?” He dropped to Dream’s level and raised an eyebrow at him.

 

“You like playing with other kids. You took your shirt off. You wore the Hulk costume. You even taught them Taekwondo. You never did those things with me,” Dream mumbled.

 

“Oh? What’s going on?” Dong Hoon turned to his son.

 

“Ah, mianhe Dream. It was for a show. It doesn’t mean I love you any less. You’re one of my best buddies,” Jong Kook smiled as Dream silently nodded.

 

“Aigoo. Gwenchana, Jong Kook Samchon is here now. He’s spending time with us,” Dong Hoon rubbed his hand on Dream’s back.

 

Dream showed a small smile and then left to go and play with his toy in the living room.

 

“Oh boy,” Jong Kook took out his phone and dialed a number.

 

“Hyung, what are you up to?” Dong Hoon asked.

 

“I’m calling Ji Hyo to bring over pizza and ice cream for the kids.”

 

Dong Hoon laughed, “Hyung, daebak but you’re going to have to explain to Go Eun when my kids go into a sugar rush.”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter