Youtuber

Under the Light of a Thousand Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disclaimer: This story is a product of my imagination and was inspired by Ginadarling’s vlog on meeting the running man cast and turbo last November 2016 in Vegas :) Her story of meeting jong kook is like a beginning of every fangirl’s dream or a potential fanfic lol. You can watch the vlog before reading the story

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

Song Ji Hyo wasn’t the jealous type or so she thought.

 

Had it not been for the video Sung Moon just sent her (right before their filming schedule on a Monday morning-- such impeccable timing if she may add), she wouldn’t have been overthinking like a fool. Staring at her phone, Ji Hyo’s eyes trailed on the Asian American woman who had hung out with Kwangsoo, Dong Hoon, and her boyfriend (of three weeks), Jong Kook, in Vegas during their show last November. She tried her best to comprehend what she was saying in the video, catching a few words here and there, but she could barely figure it out. All she got from the clips were (1) she’s friends with Tiny oppa (2) she’s gorgeous; and (3) she’s very close to Jong Kook oppa. Her stomach took an upset turn at the snippet of Jong Kook and the girl walking along the corridors of the hotel.

 

There really shouldn’t be anything to be worried about as the video ended with the assurance that they all spent the weekend together as friends and Ji Hyo did not fail to notice the fancy ride that Jong Kook took, remembering the photo that Kwangsoo bragged about when they returned from the States of the boys enjoying their sweet time leaving Vegas in the vehicle that they wouldn’t dare drive in Seoul. Despite this, she couldn’t shake off the ill feeling that had mustered in her chest. She wasn’t used to this. She dated men before, a few celebrities included, but they weren’t as attractive as Jong Kook. For real though, who wouldn’t be attracted to his physique, character, wits and charm? Even she fell into her own trap of considering him as family, secretly hiding her brewing crush on him all these years till they could not hide it any longer. Their friends made a point, there wasn’t anything platonic about their trips to the tanning salon which goes beyond the bounds of lunch outs and dinners.

 

She threw her phone and earphones beside her, reclined her seat backward and heaved a sigh, “Why does he have to be so attractive?!”

 

“Trouble in paradise?” her manager shot her a questioning look through the rearview mirror, “You look like you could use a drink. Your week is just about to begin, what gives?”

 

Ji Hyo’s ears perked at the mention of alcohol and promptly sat up, “Do you think I could sneak a shot before filming?”

 

“Dream on. Whatever it is that’s bugging your mind, you might as well talk it out with him before filming starts. Besides, lover boy is making his way towards us. I’m going to take my leave to give you both some space,” her manager went out of the driver’s seat as she spotted her boyfriend carrying two cups of coffee approaching her side of the van with a huge smile on his face. Ji Hyo opened the door to greet an excited Jong Kook on a cold January morning.

 

“Good morning,” Jong Kook handed her a cup, “A coffee for the beautiful lady to warm you up on such a fine day.”

 

“Thank you, I’m flattered,” Ji Hyo took a sip from her cup, “Hmmm, perfectly warm. Want to wait with me here? It’s so cold outside.”

 

“Don’t mind if I do,” Jong Kook hopped into the seat next to hers and noticed Ji Hyo’s phone that was left open with a familiar face on the screen. “Hey, it’s Gina!” he happily exclaimed as he picked up her phone, “Oh, it’s the vlog she posted with Kwangsoo and me a month ago!”

 

“Gina?” Ji Hyo repeated and gazed at him suspiciously, “You guys seemed to have fun with her. Sung Moon just happened to send me that video.”

 

“Oh definitely. She’s crazy fun, alright. I didn’t know Sung Moon watched her videos or was it because we were there? I should take him with me when she visits Korea. I bet he’ll enjoy her company as well,” he chuckled while he returned her phone as she gave him a blank stare.

 

“Hey, what’s with the face? Don’t tell me you’re jealous,” Jong Kook grinned and pinched her nose teasingly.

 

Ji Hyo slapped his hand away and glared, “So what if I am?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter