Mask

Under the Light of a Thousand Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Kamsahamnida,” Ji Hyo bowed and thanked the MCs, mothers, and production crew of My Ugly Duckling as the filming came to an end.

 

The mothers gushed around her before taking their leave, praising her beauty and thanking the kindness she’s shown them during the shoot.

 

“Ji Hyo-shi,” Cho Hye Son called her attention.

 

“Oh, yes omoni?”

 

“Jong Kook usually picks me up after my schedule. Do you want to greet him?” She sweetly asked.

 

Ji Hyo chuckled at her invitation. It’s fascinating to see the sudden change in Hye Son’s face from the first time they met each other in one of Running Man’s travels abroad. Surely MUD’s concept must have influenced and affected the way she sees Ji Hyo now, a potential candidate to become Jong Kook’s future wife.

 

“Ah, of course omoni. I can accompany you on your way to your van and say hi to oppa,” she shyly responded.

 

“There’s no giving up, is there?” Lee Sun Mi, Kim Gun-mo’s omma, commented.

 

“Out of all of us, she’s got the biggest chance since Jong Kook-shi and Ji Hyo-shi have been working together for 8 years,” Lee Ok Jin, Tony’s omoni, added.

 

“Ahh, please don’t get the wrong idea,” a flustered Ji Hyo responded, “He’s my colleague and good friend,” she laughed nervously.

 

Park Soo-hong’s mother, Ji In-sook, sighed, “That’s what they all say. Hye Son, you better keep an eye on your son. He’s probably dating her under your nose.”

 

“Aigoo, filming is already done and they’re still fighting over you,” Shin Dong-yup chuckled.

 

Embarrassed by the situation, Ji Hyo’s cheeks heated and gave a small smile while the mothers gave a hearty laugh.

 

Hye Son wiped her tears and took Ji Hyo’s wrist, “Arasso. We have to go. Please excuse us. My son is already waiting for me.”

 

“Take care, omoni. Ji Hyo, I’m expecting to hear wedding bells soon,” Seo Jang-hoon teased.

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jong Kook was patiently waiting for his omoni to get off the shoot. Normally, he would just stay in his van to get some rest before she arrives. She usually comes out on time but today felt unusual. Twenty minutes had already passed and his mother was nowhere in sight.

 

Wondering about her whereabouts, he got out of his van and decided to stand by the vehicle to look out for her. He calmly watched the elevator’s entrance, acknowledging that some shoots could not avoid going on overtime.

 

A few minutes later, he was astonished to find his omoni and Ji Hyo walking towards his direction, with their arms linked together.

 

“Oh, Ji Hyo-ah,” Jong Kook happily greeted her.

 

“Oppa!” she cheerfully greeted him.

 

“You should’ve told me that today was your schedule for the show. I could’ve at least brought you coffee,” He smiled.

 

“Aigoo, how could you not have asked her in the first place?” Hye Son complained.

 

“Omoni, I didn’t know,” he scratched his head while Ji Hyo giggled at their interaction. He turned to her and asked, “So how did it go?”

 

Ji Hyo’s smile turned into a frown, “Yah, I can’t believe how insane you are. How could you carry such heavy equipment in the gym? Is that still good for your body? Aren’t you overworking yourself?”

 

“What?” Jong Kook was caught off guard, “What? Did they show you my session?”

 

“She’s right. You made me worry. I know you’re supposed to workout for your back but anything that’s in excess isn't good for you,” his mother’s brows furrowed.

 

“And don’t get us started with your food. Seriously, lay off the chicken s and heat your meals properly. Omoni has prepared more than enough dishes for you,” Ji Hyo argued.

 

Hye Son sighed, “I even spend more hours in the kitchen to make those meals for you and you use your chopsticks to defrost them?”

 

“Omoni, mianhe. I told you I’m fine. You didn’t have to do that for me,” Jong Kook was alarmed to hear that.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter