Quiz

Under the Light of a Thousand Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“A quiz? No one ever warned me about a quiz,” Ji Hyo’s forehead creased with concern. “Why didn’t any of you tell me about this?” she looked at her staff members who were purposely avoiding her gaze.

 

Jong Kook glanced over the mini conference that his wife had suddenly convened upon entering her agency’s studio.

 

“Well, it was meant to be a surprise,” her manager explained.

 

“You know how I feel about quizzes,” she bit her lip.

 

“Don’t worry about it, Ji Hyo-shi. We’ve got you covered. There’s no need to panic,” the PD said.

 

Ji Hyo pouted and sent a playful glare at her staff, “Aish, whose idea was this youtube channel to begin with?”

 

“Mine,” Jong Kook raised his hand and stepped in to save her poor staff from being grilled any further. He smiled and put his hand on her shoulder, “You have an amazing team who has already set up your instagram and tiktok accounts. A youtube channel wouldn’t be a bad addition to that mix.”

 

The PD, her manager, and staff members snickered as Ji Hyo’s mouth moved downwards to a deeper frown.

 

“Thank you, Jong Kook for the brilliant suggestion. Now let’s get you both ready for the shoot,” her manager clapped his hands to get the staff moving.

 

“Can someone please remind me why I have to shoot my first video with him?” Ji Hyo sulked.

 

“That’s because your husband decided to announce your engagement news on instagram without warning us,” her stylist cheekily replied.

 

“Imagine the surprise of the sudden influx of media inquiries and fan messages the agency had to deal with,” her manager shakes his head.

 

“And the gifts! We ran out of space to store them!” another staff member complained.

 

Ji Hyo smacked his arm, “You could’ve at least told me and my staff about your SNS post!”

 

“I’m making up for it, love. Giving your channel a ton of fan service, free of charge, of course,” he winked.

 

“Punk, you might want to sleep on the couch tonight,” she pointed a finger at his chest.

 

Jong Kook laughed, along with her staff members, and took her finger to give it a kiss. “I love you too, yeobo.”

 

Ji Hyo rolled her eyes.

 

“Okay, that’s enough love birds. Time to get to work!” her manager clapped his hands once more.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

The concept for Ji Hyo’s first youtube episode was simple. Her team just wanted to feed her fans with a life update by letting the newly married couple play a couples’ quiz game.

 

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook sat on the love seat placed on center stage while a rustic piece of wood was set up behind them as their background with fairy lights cascading from the top and floral arrangements that hung like an arch.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! This is Song Ji Hyo and welcome to my channel!” Ji Hyo suddenly giggled shyly, “And on my first episode, we’re playing a game with a special guest. Introduce yourself,” she tapped Jong Kook awkwardly as the camera panned to him.

 

Her husband responded with an awkward chuckle too, “Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Kim Jong Kook. It’s nice to be here on Ji Hyo’s channel.”

 

The PD scoffed while the staff laughed at how uncomfortable the newlyweds looked.

 

“Ji Hyo-shi, why don’t you introduce Kim Jong Kook-shi properly,” the PD teased.

 

Ji Hyo bit her lip and gave a small smile, “Ahhh this is embarrassing. Everyone knows who he is.”

 

“Neh,” Jong Kook timidly added.

 

“Congratulations Song Ji Hyo-shi and Kim Jong Kook-shi on your recent wedding,” the PD greeted them.

 

They both bowed and smiled gratefully, “Kamsahamnida.”

 

“To celebrate Ji Hyo-shi’s new channel and the news of your marriage, our staff has prepared a quiz for you.”

 

Ji Hyo forced a smile while Jong Kook laughed at her, “You’ll be fine.”

 

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook were each given a stick with Ji Hyo’s photo pasted in front while Jong Kook’s face was stuck at the back. Following the recent trend on SNS, the couple would be asked some relationship questions and they’ll just have to raise the photo whether it was referring to Ji Hyo or Jong Kook.

 

Who usually cooks breakfast?

 

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook both held Jong Kook’s photo up.

 

“He wakes up really early to go to the gym so when he gets home, he cooks for breakfast,” Ji Hyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter