Subscription

Under the Light of a Thousand Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day that Song Ji Hyo said I do was the day she swore she’ll force her way into her mother-in-law’s heart. Not that she hasn’t done it in the past but she was always stopped by her then boyfriend turned husband, Kim Jong Kook, that she was spoiling his omoni too much. Now that they’re married and they’re basically one unit, she was determined to impose her right as a lawful daughter-in-law that she’ll get to do whatever she wants with her new omma starting with:

 

Visits.

 

When Jong Kook’s parents found out that they had started dating, they wouldn’t stop bothering him to invite Ji Hyo over to their house for dinner. Knowing that they’d fuss over her, he purposely did not inform her about it for over a month! Because of what he did, his mother had taken matters into her own hands and sent them food through him every single week with a handwritten note specially made for Ji Hyo (more of a persuasive invitation in an attempt to win her over for a visit). Of course, sneaky Jong Kook would see this and would just stack the letters on his kitchen counter without giving them to his girlfriend. It was only when Ji Hyo came to his house for a sleepover that she discovered the letters hidden behind his medicine bottles.

 

“Oppa, how could you not tell me about these?!” Ji Hyo’s brows furrowed as she waved the letters in her hand, revealing that she’s caught his secret.

 

Jong Kook frowned at her, “Where did you find those? You weren’t supposed to know.”

 

“But these were written for me.”

 

“Okay, it’s not urgent. You’ve seen my mother and you’ve met her a few times,” he shrugged.

 

“Oh my god but these are from your mother!!” she shrieked.

 

“It’s fine. She’ll understand. I mean you’re busy with your schedule,” he smiled and placed his hands on her shoulder.

 

“Yah! What will she think of me? And how would she feel?” she shot him a questioning look.

 

“Fine. We’ll agree to have dinner with her at home. Happy now?” he consoled her.

 

“Great! Let’s have dinner with them tonight!” she exclaimed.

 

“What?! Tonight? Isn’t that too soon?” he complained.

 

“Yah! This is your fault. Have dinner delivered so omoni won’t get tired preparing our meal. Make sure you get her favorite!!” she instructed as she walked away from him.

 

“Arasso,” he shook his head in defeat.

 

To say that dinner was amazing was an understatement, Ji Hyo’s charm and wits won his parents over. Jong Kook was even more surprised to find that his father had been grinning from ear to ear, noting that the last time his dad smiled as wide as that was the first time he laid his eyes on his grandchildren. Before they left his childhood home, his mom hugged Ji Hyo and requested that she visit more often, in which she immediately agreed to. Since then, Ji Hyo had made it a point that she would visit his mother every month if she could, much to Jong Kook’s dismay. He had interfered on her attempted visits on several occasions because she was a busy bee and Anyang’s distance was too taxing for her and could take hold on her health.

 

And from the moment she said I do, she easily won this argument with her husband that if she didn’t want surprise visits from his mom, he’d allow her to go and visit Anyang as much as she wants. Jong Kook shut his mouth in silence as she made a valid point and his omoni had always looked forward to her new daughter-in-law’s monthly visits.

 

Dates.

 

Just because Ji Hyo visits his mother often doesn’t mean she won’t take her out on dates. Initially, he found this really cute when they first went out shopping and stayed at a small cafe near his parents’ house. It wasn’t until the day he received some inquiries from old friends in Anyang asking why Ji Hyo and his omma were often seen together when he asked her to lessen their dates in public. 

 

“I don’t understand, Oppa. There’s nothing wrong about taking omoni out on dates,” she pouted.

 

“I know. I’m just worried that a paparazzi might follow you around if this blows up,” he explained.

 

She sighed as he drew her into a hug. “Sorry, babe. I know you and my mother are hitting it off quite well.”

 

She pressed her lips together, “Some days I wish people would just mind their own business. What’s so amusing about prying someone else’s life?”

 

“You sure they were spying on you? What if they were after omoni? I heard she’s a famous celebrity too,” Jong Kook joked.

 

Ji Hyo chuckled, “Aish, I forgot about that. I should’ve been careful.” She gazed at his eyes and playfully his cheek.

 

“I’m sorry,” he kissed her hand as Ji Hyo s her arms around his neck and beamed at him.

 

“One day, when we get married, those people can keep their nose out of our lives while omoni and I enjoy a nice stroll aroun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter