I Am You

Put A Little Love On Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twice looking at each other anxiously while waiting for their bosses in a meeting room. Earlier this morning on their day off, they got called by their Manager that they has a meeting to attend and all of them should be present in the meeting room.

Nayeon massage her head as she is still very much hungover as well as Momo, Sana and Dahyun. The four of them really looked like they just got out of a wild with their dark and swollen eyes. Jeongyeon who seated across Nayeon had to hold back her laugh seeing her girlfriend in those messy hair.

"Hello ladies." JYP is the first one to enter the meeting room. He take a seat next to Jihyo and chuckling as soon as he see their faces.

"You guys must have had too much fun last night, isn't it?" JYP trying to tease but Twice don't seem to be in the mood for a joke.

"Good morning everyone." Here comes their favorite COO, Yongwee followed by their Division Three Chief, Mr. Moon. A few minutes later, their other COO, Jung Wook joined in.

"Good morning everyone. First of all, I'm sorry for calling you guys during your day off. Hopefully the meeting won't be long so you can rest a little bit more today." Jung Wook looked at the girls one by one. He really radiate this big boss scary energy. He's always professional about his work. There is no friendship or friendly gesture between him and his employees which is why he appeared as a cold Boss for them.

"This meeting is to address a few problems that has happened lately involving Twice and also a plan suggestions for the group activities starting tomorrow." Jung Wook flip his file opened.

"As you guys informed, I am no longer the only one who can make decision for this company day-to-day operation. Let's give her a honor to start this meeting as this is her first meeting with Twice as our new Chief Operating Officer." Jung Wook look at Yongwee and nodded his head. Yongwee clear while everyone is clapping their hands, to welcome her.

"Good morning again everyone." Yongwee turn professional as she stood at the center of their conference table. She looked so good in her suit. Sana battling with herself in her head wondering how can Yongwee still look so fine when she literally throwing up in their bathroom last night. Yongwee is good at dealing with her hangover.

"Actually, I don't want to discuss about this but since it's the company policies and it's written in your signed contract, we had to brought that up today in this meeting. Everyone is well informed about the scandal lately, right?"

Everyone in the room nodded their head. Nayeon and Jeongyeon started to feel their heart racing. Both of them knew this issue will be brought up to their meeting with their division sooner or later. And today, the day has come.

"Ms. Im and Ms. Yoo. Since you guys has no dating ban in the contract we won't do anything about the penalty." Yongwee paused and switching glance between Nayeon and Jeongyeon who listen to her intently.

"But you have to be responsible for the damaged you've caused. The scandal broke out the internet and lots of negative comments was thrown which involving your group image. There's only one thing both of you needed to fix. And that is to come clean to the netizens."

"What do you mean come clean?" Jeongyeon the first one to open in that room.

"We have discussed about this last night during the party and all of them agree that both of you should declare your relationship to the public.", Yongwee explained.

"Why would we do that?" Nayeon is close to disagree. She never wanted to share to the world how Jeongyeon and her being happily in love. General public didn't have to know about their relationship to that extent. She never wanted to disclose more of their relationship to the public.

"This might not be a big deal to the both of you but we want people to stop talking so we can take legal action after that." Yongwee look at their Division Chief and nodded her head.

"The SNS team has monitored comments after someone exposing your relationship. You received 47% negative comments and 53% positive comments which is not much of a difference. We know how bad those comments are so we planned for the both of you to be seen in public, intentionally so we can bring this 47% commenters to court. We will not compromise any more bad words and false defamation against Twice. It could effect our sales for the next comeback." Mr. Moon give them a long explanation which is now make perfect sense as to why Yongwee wanted them to 'come clean'. Nayeon looked at Jeongyeon with her blank expression while Jeongyeon flashes a small smile to assure her girlfriend.

"And you Ms. Son, you do know a lot of people are still talking about the photo of you smoking, right? And some edited your photos as if you're endorsing for a cigarettes brand." Yongwee are now focus on Chaeyoung who got startled at the mention of her name.

"Yes, Ma'am." She answer with her small voice.

"This is your final warning. As your COO, I really don't want to interfere with your daily life when it's not related to your work but since you are a public figure, whatever you do in front of people will cause you scandals. Be extra careful next time." Yongwee said with her stern voice. Her serious expression shows that she really meant her words. Sana gets a little uncomfortable at Yongwee harsh tone but she couldn't do anything about that since Yongwee is now standing there as their boss. She needs to be professional too.

"Scandal is good in some ways but too much of it could bring us down especially if it's a bad one and we don't want that to happen to your group." Yongwee continued. She then talking about another matter, mentioning about renewing their contracts with a new terms and conditions. Their meetings prolonged for four hours as they discuss about their next comeback too. Today, they realized that Yongwee probably has a lot of personalities and they might as well reconsider calling Yongwee as their favorite COO. Sana barely focus on their discussion as she is already planning about throwing tantrums once they get home later. This is why you shouldn't date someone who has a higher position than you in the same company.

 


Jeongyeon humming to SKZ's I Am YOU while calmly driving away from the center of Seoul. The same song has been on repeat since they left the company twenty minutes ago but none of them complaining, instead Nayeon was in her feeling while listening to every lyrics and Jeongyeon humming to the melodies. Once the song hit its chorus Nayeon look at Jeongyeon. She sing the part solely for her.

I am you, I see me in you
I know when I’m with you
In the same place, in the same time
I can overcome anything
I found you, I found me in you
I can see me in you
In the same place, in the same time
Let me run, let me run, let me run along with you.

Jeongyeon smiles and Nayeon keep on singing without removing her gaze from Jeongyeon who changing glance between her and the road ahead of them. 

She continued.


Stay together
You and I, you and I, you and I, I’m by your side
Always, going toward the same place as you
You and me, you and me, you and me
Can’t compare you with anyone else
Stay together
You and I, you and I, you and I, I’m by your side
Always, going toward the same place as you
You and me, you and me, you and me
No one can replace you
I am YOU.

Once Nayeon finished, Jeongyeon kiss the back of Nayeon hand lovingly.

"Why does the lyrics hit so hard now?" Jeongyeon said in her loving tone. She couldn't help the butterflies in her stomach when Nayeon sang those words with her beautiful round eyes looking at her.

"One of these days, I swear I'm going to sing this song for you. On stage. In front of everyone. I'll ask Dahyun to help me with the rap part since there's a big chance I'm going to ruin the whole thing if I rap it myself." They both burs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter