A Walk in the Park

Just Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'Wanna go for a walk?'

Yifan finished the can of Coke and crushed it, raising an eyebrow at the other who grinned awkwardly. 

'It's getting loud and crowded...'

'Sure,' he nodded and they wriggled their way out of the cafe. Chanyeol re-adjusted his snapback and looked around with wide eyes, scanning the crowd for the group they came with. Yifan took a deep breath, internally cursing Junmyeon for leaving. 

 

 

'Oh, my God. 'How much time do you need?'?!' Chanyeol laughed. Yifan blinked stupidly and slumped back in his seat, visibly disappointed in his attempt at confidence. 

'Hey, buddy, I didn't mean it that way. It's cute,' he rectified immediately. The half-Chinese bit back a grimace. 

'He just called me 'buddy'. Oh, you have GOT to be kidding me,' Yifan twitched. 

 

'Anyway. Yeah.... uh... I like to play the drums, guitar, djembe, I like to rap, act... I'm all into music.'

'Yeah? Cool... wait, what? You're into music, too?'

'So lawyers DO like music, after all!'

'...'

'Uh, aah... never mind,' Chanyeol waved off and took off his snapback, placing it on the table and ruffling his hair. 

'... Anyway,' he continued, crossing his arms on the table and leaning in. 'What do you like in music?'

'Uh, rapping, mostly. Though I do like acting.'

'You've acted before?' he raised an eyebrow. 

'Kind of... at a play in a school fest back in Canada. We had this annual thing and all... And some short films, too...'

'Ooh, cool... rap for me?'

Yifan's eyes widened slightly. 

'What?'

'Rap for me,' Chanyeol repeated, a mischevious glint dancing in his eyes. 'Just a few lines, is all. Even freestyle is fine.'

'Okay... I'll rap in English.'

Yifan cleared his throat and sat up straight. Settling in, he began to rap as Chanyeol beat-boxed slowly. 

 

Yifan squared his shoulders and cleared his throat, closing his eyes and rapping a few lines. Chanyeol's loud laughter shamelessly interrupted Yifan's mood. The taller's eyes flew open and his lips parted in confusion. 

'Ah, what is this; you said it's English!' he panted through laughs. Yifan's face turned red as his bangs covered his eyes. 

'You do it, then!' 

Chanyeol tapped his feet and rapped a mile a minute, making the other gape in awe. 

'Whoa! That's good, man!' 

 

Chanyeol grinned and clapped for himself. Yifan rubbed the back of his neck and looked around, not sure of what to do. 

'So, you act, huh?'

'Wish to. You?'

'Studying at the University. But the music studio's cool, too.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A good hour rolled by as the two talked only about movies. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Yifan?'

Said male repressed a shudder as he nodded in the other's direction. 

'Yes or no?'

'Uh...?'

'Shall we...?'

'Yeah, sure,' he complied, not sure of what he was getting in to. A wide grin got slapped onto Chanyeol's face as he grabbed Yifan's cold hand and dragged him childishly to the pond nearby. Yifan couldn't help but let a smile grace his features as he noted Chanyeol's calloused fingers slipping down to his own. 

 

'Ermagerd, they're already at it. I knew Happy-boy wouldn't resist those ducks,' Jongdae cheered from behind a tree. 

'Why are we hiding, again?'

'Oh my God, Junmyeon, you don't just ask why we're hiding! It's to stalk those two sticks!'

'How is it I've never met Chanyeol-sshi before?' a new voice piped up curiously. Jongdae leaned against his crouching husband's back and patted his head. 

'Now you have.'

'Baba, I---'

'Not now, Sehunnie,' Yixing frowned, concentrating on the couple ahead. 

'How can you even see them this clearly?' 

'... Somehow, I don't think he's looking at them anymore,' Jongdae chuckled. Junmyeon blocked Zitao's flying fists and turned to his husband. 

 

Indeed, Yixing wasn't looking at their target anymore. Instead, he was staring at a couple on a bench nearby - he could make out the boy breaking up with the girl, who was close to tears. 

 

'THERE'S A BUG HERE!' Zitao screeched and dashed out onto the walking path. Luhan followed him closely, hot on his trail.

'IT'S A LADYBIRD, COME BACK,' he screamed in Chinese, chasing Zitao with a huge ladybird getting squashed in his warm fist. Sehun pushed away Yixing's hand and ran after Luhan. 

'LULU, COME BACK! DON'T LEAVE ME!' he squealed. Minseok, they now noticed, had already caught Zitao and was now herding the three back with a flushed face. 

 

 

 

'LULU, COME BACK! DON'T LEAVE ME!' a loud squeal rang out. Yifan turned and furrowed his brows together. Chanyeol tugged

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter