Love in the Air

Just Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Warm smiles everywhere. His steps felt heavy as he walked down the aisle, resisting the urge to run his fingers through his grey hair.
'You look great,' his sister Yura mouthed, her eyes shining. By her side, their father grinned proudly and nodded to him. Chanyeol finally looked in front and rested his eyes on Yifan, who looked nothing short of majestic in his crisp black suit and honey-blond hair.

'You look sinfully handsome,' the Chinese male whispered, a corner of his lips curled up.

The priest began to recite the scriptures, followed by the two men reciting their vows. It was all a blur to Chanyeol, his attention coming to focus the minute he laid his eyes on Yifan's rosebud lips that captured his in a feather-light kiss.


Chanyeol's eyes shot open and he groaned, rubbing his face wearily.
'Bad dream?' Yifan murmured, letting the older male hide himself in his bare chest.
'Too good a dream, actually,' Chanyeol pouted. 'I was dreaming about us getting married. Well... I oddly had grey hair in the dream.'
'We were supposed to get married today according to your wish, right?'
'But it would have been too fast and messy,' he reasoned, pushing Yifan into the bed and rolling over him.

'Everything about our relationship was fast and messy, to be honest,' Yifan commented, earning a frown from his lover. 'But don't get me wrong, Channie. I love that it was fast and messy only because it was with you.'
'You're too uselessly cheesy in the mornings,' the Korean male grumbled, lazily kissing him.

'Happy Valentine's Day to you, too, baby,' Yifan hummed, smiling into the kiss.
'Now go bck to sleep, I know you were up working hard last night,' the taller male coaxed. Chanyeol rolled off of Yifan and spread out on the middle of the bed, rubbing his nose before closing his eyes. Yifan got up and headed for the bathroom, quickly brushing his teeth and washing up.











Chanyeol woke up an hour later to his phone buzzing with push messages. He cursed them and finally got out of bed, completing his morning rituals before heading downstairs. A smile tugged at his lips as he found Yifan by the stove.
'Pancakes?' the taller male asked, having heard his fiancé come down the stairs.
'Three, please.'


Soon enough; three fresh and fluffy pancakes were served to him with crushed strawberries and honey. Coupled with it was a glass of milk. Chanyeol immediately whipped his phone out, taking a good picture of his breakfast before eating.
'So it would last longer? You know I'll always---'
'This is the first Valentine's Day meal you've made,' Chanyeol grinned, laughing at Yifan's expression - the younger male was surely recalling their first Valentine's day together.






'So!'
'So...' Yifan repeated, looking around awkwardly and leaning against the tree they were seated by. He turned around, eyes wide as Chanyeol noisily smooched his cheek.
'Hi,' he grinned, eliciting a small smile from Yifan.
'Hi, yourself,' he greeted. They fell into their familiarly-awkward silence once more, the lawyer choosing to mindlessly pick at the overgrown grass growing by the base of the tree. After a few moments, Chanyeol gently took Yifan's right hand in his left, linking their little and ring fingers and smiling at him.

'So tell me more about yourself - what did you do yesterday?' Chanyeol asked, successfully striking up a conversation as Yifan ranted to him about a certain case he was working on.









After a rather heavy lunch and a slow walk in the local park; the two of them found themselves in a long drive.

Chanyeol was a pleasant man to spend time with, Yifan concluded. He was witty, quick, considerate, enthusiastic, attentive, passionate and very optimistic. He was also paying attention to Yifan properly, as the lawyer could see in the tiny things he did for him: adjusting the air conditioning, for example, when Yifan rubbed his goosebump-ridden arm. Or handing him a small bottle of water when he noticed Yifan's voice getting a little scratchy from answering so many questions.
It was definitely a different experience for Yifan, who usually was the one in Chanyeol's place whenever it came to dates or even simple outings.


Their drive came to a halt when they were by the outskirts of Seoul, closer to the less-populated areas.
'Say, have you ever gazed at the stars?'
'W-Well... from my window, sometimes; yeah,' Yifan replied, an eyebrow raised when Chanyeol shook his head.
'That's barely one star! Come out.'

So saying, he left the car and headed for the trunk. Yifan stepped out after quickly checking his phone for the time - it was eight in the night.
'I hope that's not food you're getting out - I'm still very much stuffed from the lunch we had,' he chuckled.
'Hell, no. I think I'd burst if I had even a little bit of dinner right now - I probably won't eat till tomorrow morning.'

It was then that the Chinese male saw Chanyeol pull out a blanket and two neck-pillows. The older male eagerly handed him one of the pillows, a grin on his face as he climbed onto the hood of his car.

'What...?'
'Let's gaze at stars tonight,' Chanyeol suggested, patting the space next to him. Yifan stood still for a few moments, moving only when he saw Chanyeol get up to pull him in. He adjusted his neck-pillow and helped Chanyeol throw the blanket over themselves, pursing his lips a little as he felt his leg press up against Chanyeol's.

'Look up! I'll bet you haven't seen these many stars in a while.'
And so, Yifan looked up, his lips parting to let out a gasp of awe at the twinkling stars sprinkled all over the velvet night sky.

'This is beautiful,' he said in a quiet voice, his tone so deep that his words almost went unheard.
'Isn't it? I used to come here back when I used to study music - whenever I felt a block coming on, I'd come here for the peace and quiet... for some time away from the busy bustling city life... it felt good and refreshing, you know? And it inspired me, I guess... or at least helped clear my head out.'
Yifan hummed and they just lay there, staring up at the stars quietly. The blanket rustled a little as Yifan shifted his leg closer to Chanyeol's, shivering at the cold winds blowing.


At some point; their hands had found each other under the blanket and were linked, the pad of Yifan's thumb gently pressing down on Chanyeol's knuckles every now and then as he traced them out.


Under the stars; Yifan and Chanyeol spoke at length:Of their ever-changing aspirations, of their struggles to get where they were, of what they wished for and of how they were getting there.
Yifan confessed for the first time that he had been eyeing modelling for quite a few years ever since his sister had dragged him to her set for an emergency shoot. He also admitted that the short film he'd done was purely by accident: Meifan had played a hand in it by secretly sending shots of Yifan to the director she was working with.
Chanyeol confessed for the first time that he had, at some point, wanted to be a popstar and had even auditioned multiple times in various companies for the same. He then revealed that he had even gotten into one but had ultimately given in under the pressure and had quit the company. He added that while he didn't regret his decision; he did often think back to those days and wonder just how his life would have turned out had he continued to be a trainee.

After the small series of confessions, the two of them laid in a very comfortable and easy silence. Throughout their conversation; not once had they turned to look at each other, gazing up at the stars the entire time.



'We should probably head back, it seems to be quite late,' Yifan commented, his eyes drinking in the pale streams of moonlight shining bright through the thin veil of clouds.
'We probably should,' Chanyeol agreed, slowly slipping his hand out from underneath Yifan's as they got off the hood of the car. Chanyeol carelessly tossed the blanket and his neck-pillow to the backseat and Yifan followed his example, slipping into the passenger's seat. Chanyeol shut the car door and flexed his cold fingers, stretching his neck to the side.

'This was... different. It did feel peaceful,' Yifan said in a hushed voice, fiddling with the seatbelt. 'It felt good to get away from the loud city life for a while.'
When he didn't receive any reply from the older male, he turned to his left and found him staring at him intensely.

'Chanyeol-hyung?' he called out. Said male cupped Yifan's cheek with one hand, resting the other on the back of his seat as he leaned in. Yifan's lips met his in the middle for a short but firm kiss, followed by three more. Chanyeol hummed in the back of his throat and left the car, opening the door to the passenger's seat and climbing into Yifan's lap.

The Chinese male undid his seatbelt and clicked the button to lean his seat back, giving Chanyeol more comfort. Their lips met again and again, Chanyeol's hands tugging at Yifan's blond hair while the other's hands ran up and down his sides.

'What if someone sees us?' Yifan panted, groaning as his upper lip was tugged at playfully.
'Highly unlikely, but I have tinted windows anyway,' Chanyeol rasped, deepening the kiss.





'Come on, it wasn't that bad,' Chanyeol teased, winking at Yifan who only shook his head.
'I can think of things more than what happened that night that aren't that bad,' the Chinese male teased back, running his foot up Chanyeol's leg and laughing.





















The Kim-Zhang household was rather silent that weekend considering that both the boys were away at an overnight school trip.

'Baby

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter