Promises

Just Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'Hey,' Chanyeol greeted, back-hugging his boyfriend and squishing their cheeks together. Yifan patted the hands on his abdomen, lightly slapping the older male's forehead when he clamped down on the model's shoulder.
'Next month marks a year,' Chanyeol whispered, the hint of a grin in his tone. Yifan nodded, busy in sorting the mail out. The older of the two pouted and moved to sit on the sofa quietly.

'Are you okay, Yif---'
'I've something to say to you... something to ask of you.'



Yifan sighed, closing his eyes and adjusting his neck-pillow.



'Sure, what is it?'
Yifan cleared his throat, lacing their fingers together for reassurance's sake.
'I need some time off to myself, to sort things out,' he said after a short bout of silence. Chanyeol parted his lips to protest, his eyes wide as he was caught off-guard. The younger of the two immediately shook his head.
'I'm not saying that we should break up, Chan. I mean I want to... I want to go back to China for a bit. Clear my head out.'
'B-But...'
'Whatever happens in that one month will definitely not affect the love I have for you.'
Chanyeol was silent. Yifan leaned close and pecked the tip of his ear, smiling against it when Chanyeol let out a low moan and held his hand tighter.

'Why now, though?' he looked up, concern flooding his eyes.
'I don't know, Channie. But I'm sure a change of scenery will get me out of my funk,' he reasoned.

















































Chanyeol had made it a point to cling to his boyfriend for the rest of the week before he left for China.
Even after he had successfully joined his sister's company as a model and their photoshoot was over, Yifan had chosen to stay for a week more to visit his family.




















'... "he", son?' Yifan's father raised an eyebrow. The model's mother looked up from the book in her hands with wide eyes.
'Yes. "He", father,' Yifan nodded.
'You're... romantically involved with... a man?'
'And I love him more than anything. Don't tell me it's infatuation or anything.'
Before his father could say anything, Yifan held a long- hand up and continued to speak.
'Yes, I love all of you and respect you. But I also love Chanyeol, and if you're against me being with him, then I'm not even going to hesitate from turning and leaving.'

Meifan, who had just entered the room, gaped with the corners of her lips curling up into an uncontrollable smile.
'You do love him a lot, don't you?' she said softly.
'Li Meifan,' their father started. 'Did you know about this?'
'Yes. I've even met him. He's a really good man, father. And I support them - if you've got anything to say, just know that I'm on their side.'

After a few moments of silence, their mother spoke up.
'Jiaheng, do you really love this man?' she asked slowly, being careful with the tone of her words.
'Yes.'
'Then that's all that matters to us,' their father said. Meifan grinned and hugged her stunned brother.























I miss you :(

Yifan shook his head with an amused smile, typing a reply while keeping an eye on the board nearby.

I miss you, too; Channie :(  how was your recording today?

It was great! Jongdae put in a good word about Yixing and me - can't wait for what they say! I really hope JI agrees to letting Jongdae become my partner. It would be a really huge boost.

That would be good. Did you eat? I saw your IG post.

Yes. Does it look tasty? Are you jealous? :D

You should eat more, you know. I don't like this :/


While Chanyeol was typing in his reply, the signs on the board changed and the voice on the intercom rang out.

I've to go now, Chan.

Oh, okay. Have fun at your photoshoot! Don't let anyone snatch you away from me x.

Oh, don't you know me? I'm yours, I'll make sure everybody knows that.

:D




Switching the aeroplane mode on and pocketing his phone, the tall model stood up and headed for the line that was forming by the counter.











































Before either of them knew it, a month had passed and Yifan was back in Korea. Chanyeol engulfed Yifan in a bear-hug, nuzzling their cheeks together habitually.
'I missed you, don't ever do that again,' he pouted. Yifan brought his hand up to cover the view from passers-by and discreetly brushed his lips against his boyfriend's cheek.
'I'm sorry, baby,' he smiled. 'Let's go home.'





























'Yifan?'
'Hm?'
'Why did you change your name?'
'Well... I don't like it when people invade my privacy. After I did that short film, a bunch of Chinese fangirls tried to find out more about my family. I changed my name to throw them off because things started getting a little too intense... especially after the second short film. Even now...'
'Wait... so you chose "Yifan" by matching it with Meifan's?'
'Yeah.'
Chanyeol nodded in understanding, shivering in the cold. He held Yifan's hand and rested their twined hands in his jacket pocket as they continue to walk around aimlessly.

'Am I the only one who thinks tonight's food was a little overpriced?'
'Nah, I agree.'
Silence. Chanyeol pursed his lips and stopped in his tracks, facing his confused boyfriend.
'Chan?'
'What happened while you were gone? I... things feel awkward...'

Yifan's features hardened and he pulled his hand away from Chanyeol's, making the older male worry a little more.
'I went to China, got things wrapped up, visited my family... then I went to Canada for a week and a half.'
'That's it? What did you go to Canada for?'

'... Chanyeol,' Yifan started. 'You've been reallly... skittish around me, what is it?'






One thing led to another and before either of them knew it, they were fighting.
'Just hear me out, Chanyeol!'


'Just hear me out, Chanyeol! Why're you freaking out just because I went to Jeju without you?' Seunghyun yelled.
'But... you've been so distant lately! You---'
'I was with my dance troupe, okay? We went to a club and I got drunk, big whoop. Why do you have to be on my case so much? I have a new life now, you know.'
'I know... I just... I wanted to be a part of it,' Chanyeol faltered.





Chanyeol wasn't thinking properly, if the fact that he was running at high speed was anything to go by. He could hear Yifan chasing him and calling after him, but that spurred him on to run faster. He fumbled with the keys and threw the front door open, barely managing to close it as Yifan blocked it with his leg.

Chanyeol raced up the stairs and locked himself in the master bedroom, leaning against the door and panting harshly.
'Open up, Chanyeol!' Yifan demanded, banging his fist against the door.

'Not now, not now. Pelase don't repeat... not now,' Chanyeol chanted.
'Baby, please. I want to show you something.'
After a few moments, Chanyeol slowly opened the door. Yifan led him to the bed and sat him down.

'Just listen, okay?

'Things have been moving way too fast with us since the start, to be honest. I mean, we had our first kiss the day you asked me to be your boyfriend. We started liv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter