All Over Again

Just Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

'I'll be coming home a little late tonight - I should be home by... ten.'
Yixing hummed, absently strumming his guitar.
'Where are the kids? The house sounds oddly quiet.'
'Left them at Eunji's house - they're having a stay-over tonight, remember?'
'Oh, yeah...'
'Drive safely, okay? Let's have a late dinner tonight - just for old times' sake.'
Junmyeon chuckled and cut the call, citing that his reports wouldn't read themselves.


The Chinese male rested his cheek on the curve of his guitar, fingers plucking the strings to a blues tune he was working on.




























Junmyeon pinched the bridge of his nose, leaning back in his chair and staring at the framed photo of his family standing on his large table. He picked it up and his thumb over Sehun and Zitao's forms, a small smile curving his lips at how they'd bent their arms to form a heart together. Yixing and Junmyeon were holding them respectively, the former pressing a kiss to Sehun's temple, his dimple very prominent. Zitao was facing them, eyes wide and mouth open as if to say "You're not doing it right, gege!" while Junmyeon was the only one looking into the camera with a wide grin.

The lawyer set the photo down after a few moments and, as though refreshed just by looking at the photo, dove back into work.































Junmyeon pulled up into the driveway and killed the engine, closing his eyes for a moment and sighing to himself.

'It's been a while since we last had time to ourselves,' he acknowledged - what with the production house getting more popular thanks to Jongdae and the law firm giving Junmyeon more cases to handle, they barely had any time to spend together. That, and taking care of the boys was wearing them out and they needed a day of rest.
'They're too energetic,' Junmyeon groaned - just the previous week, he'd been called by Sehun's teacher because he stuck gum under her table! And Zitao had pulled a girl's ribbons off her ponytails to use it in craft class - Yixing could only bow repeatedly and apologize (even though Zitao couldn't care less because "Baba, it looked so pretty!").

Then there was the day Sehun lost his first tooth.








'I'M BREAKING!' Sehun bawled, making Zitao burst into tears. Yixing ran out of his recording room frantically.
'What's going on, Sese?'
'My tooth's loose, I'm breaking!'

'I guess it's time I tell you about this,' the Chinese chuckled, cradling Sehun in his lap.




















Sehun was completely taken by the whole idea of a tooth fairy, constantly fiddling with his loose tooth with either his fingers or his tongue.


Impatient and unable to handle the pain, he even tried to yank it out by using a normal string.






The day it finally fell, though, was something unforgettable.






















Zitao's shrill scream startled Junmyeon and he pulled away, completely forgetting the shirtless Yixing in his arms and dashing into their sons' room.
'What's---'
'Appa!' Zitao cried, burying his face in Junmyeon's legs and hiding when Sehun tried to approach him. Yixing frowned and re-tied the strings of his sweatpants, entering the room with a dazed look.

'What---'
'When's the tooth fairy coming---'
The doorbell rang and Sehun grinned, a small trickle of blood making its way down his chin as he jogged to the front door.

'Sehun, no!' Yixing called out, following their older son.

'Er... Kim-Zhang Yixing? I have a package for you,' t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter