Ways To Be Messy

Just Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heads-up: Scenes regarding adoption

'Appa.'

'Yes, hunnie?'

'I want a brother,' Sehun casually lisped. Junmyeon peered at his son from the top of his reading glasses and raised an eyebrow.

'And what made my boy think like that?'

 

Sehun rolled off the makeshift-blanket-rug he made, jumped over crayons and crumpled sheets of paper to his too-big-bag. Fumbling around for a bit, he triumphantly retrieved a wad of paper and smoothened it out carefully. Shuffling, he climbed the king-sized bed and made himself comfortable on his father's lap. He jabbed a finger at the paper passionately and spoke.

 

'This is a list of people with siblings. Everyone has one except for me. They get to play and meet, and I'm all alone,' Sehun softly expressed. Junmyeon closed his ninth Law book and set his glasses aside.

 

'Baekhyun and Luhan are cousins. Kyungsoo is the only one with an elder brother.'

'Baekhyun has an elder brother who lives with his appa! AND JONGIN HAS TWO ELDER SISTERS - TWO! And at least all of them have someone...! Oh, that reminds me - Lulu went to China only for a year?!' Sehun cried out.

 

'They wanted him to visit his Chinese roots,' the adult explained in a tired voice.

'...okay... I still want a sibling.'

 

Junmyeon silently gazed at Sehun playing with the adult's fingers.

'...why don't you... go watch some TV? And call your baba when you go,' Junmyeon slowly phrased. Sehun stopped thumping his back rhythmically against Junmyeon's torso and jumped off, happily skipping. A few moments later, Yixing entered, greeted by a distant lover.

 

 

 

'Somebody looks really old for a twenty-nine year old,' the Chinese joked.

'You're only a year younger to me,' the other countered half-heartedly. After a few silent moments, he spoke up.

'... Sehun wants a sibling.'

 

 

 

After an hour and a half of serious discussion, the couple reached a final decision.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing ended the call and kissed a sleeping Sehun lightly, leaning toward his lover carefully.

'Junmie...'

'...okay,' came the reply. They shared a meaningful glance and drifted off to a dreamless sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'Ah! Let me guess... Se-se wants a sibling,' the receptionist smiled at her ex-teacher. Yixing smiled weakly in reply. Just then, a shrill scream startled him - a small boy in a cowboy costume was jumping wildly and flailing his arms above his head. The receptionist went round the desk and knelt down, patting the boy affectionately.

 

'I caught a cow,' the boy proudly boasted, holding up a sheet of paper. There was a huge blob in the centre with a brown ring crudely drawn around it - an arrow indicating to the words 'fat cow' joined the blob at a corner. The receptionist clapped and re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter