My Brain? It Broke

Just Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'Mother of---'

'Hey, Minseok!' Junmyeon wailed, hunching over the the elder. His legs were pulled together at the knees by Zitao. Zitao had strawberry stains dribbling down his chin, and was clinging onto his father's lower legs just because he was bored. Sehun was clinging onto Junmyeon's torso, practically wrapped in his blazer. Baekhyun was lazily draped on the adult's back, his hands playing with Sehun's glue-covered hair. 

'Help a brother out, man,' the lawyer pleaded. 

'My hands are uh... kind of... full?' Minseok apologized, his eyes pried wide open by Jongin who squealed, 'Look, Kyungsoo-hyung! He has big eyes like yours, too!!' 

Kyungsoo shuffled toward the kneeling man and stared at his with wide eyes, slowly poking his eyelids and frowning. Without warning, the normally-quiet boy screamed and launched himself onto a startled Minseok, trying to swing from his arms when he stood up. Jongin repeatedly head-butted the back of his legs, punching his backside and laughing. Junmyeon and Minseok were pulled forward by Sehun and Jongin's movements, causing their heads to collide clumsily. Minseok tripped on Jongin's shoelace and fell face-flat. Kyungsoo, who conveniently jumped off just before the collision, grabbed Jongin as they sat on Minseok's back and started to sing. Junmyeon came tumbling after - Sehun fell on Kyungsoo and Jongin, Zitao was trapped on Junmyeon's legs thanks to the saving twirl he made at the last moment. 

 

Eunji returned to the room with a board game in her arms, mouth agape at the sight before her eyes. 

'I AM ONE OF A KIND, I'M THE BEST!' Baekhyun hollered, triumphantly propping a foot on Junmyeon's arm. 

'This is...' Junmyeon started but was cut off when Zitao's sock got stuck in his mouth, leaving the child's foot bare as he crawled over to Baekhyun. Why he even took such a wild turn, Junmyeon wondered. 

'.. get off them, children.'

'Why? We love them!' the children wailed, now lying down on the poor men trapped under. 

'Too much...' Junmyeon whined as Zitao sat on his chest. 

'Your love... is...' Eunji gasped between laughs. 

'It's an... overdose,' Minseok finished, his face barely visible. 

 

With loads of persuasion, Eunji got the children off the flabbergasted adults, who stumbled out of the room, their arms about the other's shoulders. 

'We're like machines,' Junmyeon slumped onto an empty chair and sighed. Minseok washed two mugs and filled them with cold coffee, sliding one across the dark table to the thankful other. 

'APPA~! PLAY WITH US!!' shrill voices cried out. Minseok filled a third cup and they headed upstairs, rubbing their heads and backs like old men. 

 

 

 

 

'... t-three!' Jongin pouted and pushed his piece forward. Sehun rolled the dice and just stared at the small blocks, waiting patiently. 

'...Zitao?'

'Tao-tao, count them!' Minseok encouraged in Chinese. Slowly, the black-haired boy pushed his piece nine blocks forward, his tongue sticking out. He sighed with relief and thumped his head against Junmyeon's chest, earning a pat on the head. Baekhyun grabbed the dice and placed them back on the board, very content with the noise made when he slapped it. Eunji pushed his piece forward and stretched her legs the moment her son leapt off her knees. Sehun threw one dice and made a face. 

'Se-se, throw the other dice, too.'

'Baba says we should not waste,' Sehun casually reminded. 

'But you have to give both here, Sehun.'

'No.'

'Sehun---'

'This dice is cute.'

Suddenly, a small voice piped up from behind Eunji. 

'Baba?'

Minseok placed his mug to the side and pulled Luhan onto his lap, ruffling his hair.

'Even I want to play, I'm done sleeping,' the boy lisped, rubbing his eyes with his index finger. Immediately, his hand was yanked to his side as Sehun placed the remaining dice in it. 

'You can play for me?' Sehun shyly suggested, focusing on their hands. Luhan's eyes dangerously shifted from 'sleepy' to 'determined' as he rolled the dice out. He fisted the air, not even bothering when Minseok's eye got punched. 

'You okay?'

'I'm used to it,' Minseok smiled and moved the horse-piece forward. 

 

Kyungsoo stared at the dice hard, took them and raised his fist up. The children waited with bated breathes and complained to the adults, whining and groaning - Kyungsoo slapped his fist down and pushed all the pieces off the board, slyly throwing the dice under the futon covering the ground. 

'Why, hyung, why?!' Jongin wailed. 

'Oh my God, Jongin, you can't just ASK people why they do stuff!' Sehun shook his head incredulously. 

'WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! WHY CAN'T YOU PLAY?!' Luhan whined the loudest, wildly kicking at his tired father's feet. Bored, Minseok maintained a poker face and discussed his work with Junmyeon. Junmyeon, on the other hand, maintained a wry smile on his face, sympathizing with Minseok and simultaneously trying to prevent Zitao from literally rolling all over the place. Baekhyun abruptly got up and rolled on the ground, calling himself 'seaweed'. All attentive an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter