Abruptly Frustrated

Just Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'Would you like me to teach you the rhymes sometime?' Yixing asked, scraping his chair closer to feed Zitao properly. Sehun had climbed up to sit opposite his younger brother and they were quietly stared at each other as Zitao chewed slowly, bits of rice dropping onto his lap. 

'Tomorrow at the recording house, please,' came Jongdae's reply over the phone which was on speaker. 

'Sure thi---'

Unable to control his curiosity, Sehun cut his father off.

'Apba, did you have a wedding before I was born?' he said in a loud and flat voice. 

'I...'

'How did he hear that?'

'The phone is on speaker, I'm feeding T---'

'Apba, answer me.'

Zitao lit up, having understood the words. 

'Now look at what you've done, Jongdae-hyung!' Yixing whined, afraid that he was about to have double the situation Jongdae was facing himself. 

'I'm sor---'

Jongdae's apology was cut short by Zitao squealing in a high pitch due to his elder brother reaching across the table to cut the call. 

 

'Kim-Zhang Sehun!' Yixing frowned. 'You're not supposed to do that, that is very rude!'

'No!' Sehun frowned, indignantly crossing his arms with a huff. Zitao slapped his small hands onto the table and laughed, rice flying everywhere. Yixing sighed and fed Zitao the next morsel, turning to an awfully-quiet Sehun. 

'What is it, Hunnie? You're not usually li---'

'I want to see your wedding, too.' Sehun admitted in a small voice.

'Apba, what does hyung want to see?' Zitao worded slowly in lisped-Korean, grinning proudly when he got it right. 

'Both of us can see you and apba have a wedding,' Sehun coaxed, slumping back in his chair and playing with a stray bit of rice. Yixing fed Zitao a few more morsels quietly. 

'Sehun?'

The adressed boy peered at his father through his eyelashes. 

'We'll do it.'

'Do what?'

 

'Apba and I, we'll get married.'

'And we can see it?'

'Yes, Hunnie.'

'Both of us?'

The adult nodded with a smile. Just then, Junmyeon walked in, clad only in a pair of shorts that hung off his waist with a towel round his shoulders. 

'Remind me to buy more shaving cream next time, please,' he sighed, bending to peck Zitao's forehead. 

'Apba, what were you saying?' Zitao lisped.

'Aw, my baby's learning Korean so fast,' Junmyeon cooed, tickling his younger son. 

'Not now, Junmie, he's still eating.'

'He's almost done.'

'Apba!'

'We're getting married, Taozi.'

'Like aunt Eunji,' Sehun added, clapping his hands. 

'Yixing?' the elder raised an eyebrow, sitting next to Sehun and playing with the child's hair. 

'They want to see us get married,' the Chinese sighed and winked. 'So, will you marry me, Mr. Kim-Zhang?'

'I'd love to, Mr. Kim-Zhang,' Junmyeon grinned. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'So... what do we do?' Zitao lisped. Sehun tapped his chin and scrunched his nose up, deep in thought. 

'I will read out like that old man and you'll give them rings!' he clapped, grabbing Zitao's wrist and dragging him to their room with glee. 

'What do we do?'

Yixing shrugged, leaning back on the couch and playing with his husband's fingers. Their sons soon returned - Sehun had Zitao's Chinese alphabet book in hand while the younger had two scrunched-up pieces of paper in his small hands. 

'Okay! Stand here, apba and apba!! Zitao, you stand there.'

 

Sehun flipped the book open to the practice-pages for numbers and cleared his throat. 

'Uh... You! And you, yeah... uh... do you like apba, apba?'

'Definitely,' Junmyeon nodded, taking the other's hands in his own and smiling. 

'Okay.'

'...'

'...'

'Apba, do you like apba?' Zitao perked up from behind Sehun, peering up at the adults as he asked the question in Chin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter