Warm and Fuzzy

Just Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'Where's--- no, don't put it there! You can't---'

'Mom, calm down!' Minseok held his mother by the shoulders and raised his voice, effectively silencing here. He hugged her and grinned. 

'It's my wedding, mom.'

'Which is why I want everything to be perfect, Minnie.'

'Everything's fine just the way it is - I want a simple wedding, remember?' the male shook his head, buttoning his white blazer. 

'Are you ready for this?'

'Yes! Calm down!'

 

 

A few minutes later, Minseok was telling himself just that - to calm down. His nerves took him over and he gripped his father's hand shakily, afraid that he'd fall should he dare to let go. 

'Dad, I'm...'

'Scared?' the elder offered and his only son furiously shook his head. His father squeezed his hand comfortingly and gave his son a weak smile. 

'Dad?'

'I can't believe my son's getting married.'

'Your voice is cracking,' Minseok pouted, hugging his father. 

'I'm proud of you, Minseok. Don't forget that.'

Just then, the doors were pulled open. 

'Ready?'

Minseok nodded, not trusting his voice at the moment. They walked down the aisle and his gaze was cast down at his feet. Before he knew it, they had stopped at the altar. 

 

'I trust you to care for my Minseok. Love him with all of your heart and being.'

'You know I will, Dad,' the male before them chirped, holding his hand out for Minseok to take. 

 

'You look dashing, love,' Jongdae whispered into his lover's ear and grinned. 

'You, too,' the elder smiled fondly. 

 

 

The incessant beeping of an alarm broke Kim Minseok away from his dream. He felt Jongdae slap the alarm with a lazy hand to stop it and smiled, turning to hide his face in the other's chest. 

'Mmh, good morning, Min-min,' Jongdae mumbled in a hoarse voice, dipping his nose into the elder's neck and pecking it. 

'So, what's the good dream about?'

'What?'

'You do this every time you have a good dream.'

Minseok chuckled and leaned up, connecting their lips in a chaste kiss. 

'Our wedding day,' he answered. 

'Ah, then that's not a good dream. That's a beautiful Reality,' he chuckled fondly and deepened their kiss. 

 

 

 

 

 

'Jongdae?'

'In the bedroom,' came the loud reply. Minseok sat on his haunches and dried Luhan's hair, singing nursery rhymes with him. The moment he let go of Luhan, the child dashed into his parents' bedroom. 

'Appa~!' he squealed, jumping onto his father's lap with glee. 'What are you looking at?'

'This is... mm, how do I say it... does Lulu know what marriage is?'

The boy shook his head and frowned. 

'It is when two people are in love and come together.'

'For a party?'

'... Kind of,' Jongdae chuckled. 'They promise each other to love them and stay with them forever.'

'Forever?'

'Yes.'

'Forever~?' Luhan repeated, dragging the word out more and more till Minseok lightly flicked his forehead. 

'For~ ever~, Lulu,' he confirmed. 

'So what is this, appa?'

'Your baba and I got married years ago and took pictures, Lulu. This is an album of those pictures.'

'Can I see them?'

Yup,' Minseok nodded, sitting next to Jongdae and shifting Luhan so that he was sitting on one of Jongdae's and Minseok's legs each. 

 

'Baba!' he clapped, looking up to Minseok with a grin. 'And appa!' 

'Yes, who is who?'

'Baba is in white and appa is in black!' 

'Very good!' 

'Baba, why is appa eating your face in this picture?'

Jongdae scratched his cheek and laughed sheepishly. 

'Is this a part of marriage?'

'Er... yes...' Minseok trailed off. 'It's called 'kissing', Lulu.'

'But it's not on the cheek,' the boy pouted, head-butting Minseok's shoulder. 

'When you're in love with someone, you can kiss them on the lips, too.'

 

After a few more pictures, Luhan saw one with a younger Baekbeom in it. 

'Who is that?'

'Baekbeom-hyung.'

'Why is Baekbeom-hyung in this?'

'Because he was already born by then.'

'How old is he in this?'

'Er... he was three, right?'

'Yeah, Eunji was just pregnant with Baek at that time.'

Luhan stared intensely at the photo for a bit before sniffing, suddenly bursting into tears. 

 

'Lulu? What's wro---'

'WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME TO YOUR WEDDING?!' he bawled, punching Jongdae's eye when he tried to calm him down. Minseok pulled Luhan onto his lap and cradled him, ignoring the child's protesting pulls. 

 

'It's because you weren't even born yet, baby.'

'Oh, so now I have to be BORN to come to your wedding?! Why?!' Luhan burst out in Chinese, startling both his fathers. 

'You---'

'No! Why did hyung go and not me?!' the boy cried into Minseok's chest, kicking Jongdae's hands away. 

'God, we need to calm him down!'

'How? He's never been this bad.'

'WHY DO YOU THINK I'M BAD?!' Luhan wailed louder and Jongdae scrambled out of the room. 

'I'm calling Yixing.' 

 

 

 

 

'Hello?'

'Yixing! Please, help! Help!'

'Whoa whoa, hold up! What's going on? Are you ok---'

'Luhan's crying mad and we don't kn---'

'Is he okay? What happened?'

'He's upset because we didn't invite him to our wedding but Baekbeom was there,' Jongdae rushed through, pouting at Yixing's chuckle. 

'Just sing him some lullabies as usual!'

'But his favourites are in Chinese! Please... help!'

'But...'

'Sing over the phone! Please? Please!'

'Okay, put me on speaker,' Yixing sighed dejectedly. 

 

'Lulu! Lulu! Your favourite uncle! Listen to him sing! Listen!' Jongdae cooed, a somewhat panicked look in his eyes. Luhan side-eyed the phone in Jongdae's hand as Yixing's voice resounded through the speakers. 

 

'Lulu~ let's sing your favourite rhyme, okay?'

'NO!!!!!'

'Lulu, please? For your uncle Xing?'

'Lulu, please?' Minseok cooed and Luhan sniffed, face red and eyes very teary. He quietened down a little as Yixing's melodious voice sang out his rhymes. Minseok nodded and Jongdae went back out of the room. 

 

'I'm so sorry for this, Yixing.'

'Anytime,' the Chinese male chuckled. 'Would you like me to teach you the rhymes sometime?'

'Tomorrow at the recording house, please.'

'Sure thi---'

'Apba, did you have a wedding before I was born?' Sehun's flat voice rang loud.

'I...'

'How did he hear that?'

'The phone was on speaker, I'm feeding T---'

'Apba, answer me.'

'Now look what you've done, Jongdae-hyung!' Yixing whined. 

'I'm sor---' Jongdae started, only to have his apology cut with Zitao's shrill voice and the click of the line going dead. Jongdae returned to their room, only to find Minseok cradling Luhan, softly singing an old song to him. 

 

'He's still crying?'

The elder nodded and Jongdae sighed. 

'Lulu, we're really sorry,' Jongdae knelt down and pouted, running three fingers through his son's hair. Luhan sniffled and turned to face Jongdae - his shiny eyes, red face and trembling lips broke his parents' hearts. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter