Just Another Day

Just Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yixing clenched the bedsheets as his dream began to fade. His consciousness was bothering his dreams yet again. He stretched and flexed his arms, letting them hang limply over the bed edge. Slowly, he felt weight press down on his waist and legs. Turning ever so slightly, his lips curled into a sweet smile as his breaths taunted Junmyeon's bangs. Junmyeon’s eyes slowly fluttered open, shining softly.

'Hey,' he breathed, his nostrils flaring as they always did when he exhaled slowly.

'Good morning, handsome,' Yixing yawned – or tried to, rather. His facial muscles pulled back into a smile, thus making it look like his lips were in a comical battle to express emotion. Junmyeon let his arms slide off as the younger sat upright and stretched some more. He cupped Yixing’s face and looked into his eyes longingly. Slowly, their noses touched. He received a small tug and grinned into the soft, innocent kiss. Pulling back after their little tango, he nuzzled his nose against Yixing's, earning light chuckles. This little shower of affection had to screech to a halt the moment shrill cries rang loud, proud and unashamed in their ears. Yixing groaned, got off the bed and hurried to the baby room. Junmyeon followed slowly, ruffling his hair and yawning. He grinned, greeted by a sight he was now getting accustomed to.

 

Yixing was bobbing their baby in his arms, cooing sweet nothings in its pink ears. Their infant stared up at the Chinese with wide eyes, fist in its mouth and drool dripping down its chin.

 

'Yah, Sehun… stop… bawling so… much,' Junmyeon yawned lazily.

'He’s just six months old. What do you expect?' Yixing sighed. Junmyeon smiled and held his arms out for the whimpering baby.

 

A few moments later, Junmyeon carefully placed Sehun on the specially-made chair and flicked through his phone for messages.

'Any word on that report you submitted?'

'Nope,' Junmyeon replied, popping the ‘p’. 'Apparently, subs can be dissed when it comes to reporting.'

'Well, I’m sure your boss will appreciate what you do,' Yixing encouraged. He set the breakfast on the light-brown table and dried his hands on his bright apron.

'That’s…. fluorescent,' Junmyeon commented slowly, a smile playing onto his lips.

'It w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter