Just One Day

Just Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heads-up: Slight mentions of not eating out of stress, may be reminiscent of some eating disorders. If you or anyone you know is struggling with eating or other mental disorders, please do not hesitate to reach out to professionals and get better. You can win this fight <3

 

'Hey, you called?'
'Yeah. Hey, are you or Yifan free tomorrow?'
'Yup, we both are. Why?'
'Minseok's packed with meetings tomorrow and I'm getting my first project at JI,' Jongdae explained. 'And Luhan doesn't have school tomorrow, so...'
'You need someone to babysit,' Chanyeol finished, draping his towel over his head and drying the back of his head.
'Yeah... So I wanted to ask... can you?'
'Sure thing,' the tall male grinned. He and Jongdae spoke some more before ending the call. Just then, Yifan walked in with a hair-dryer.

'Found it in one of the shelves,' he said, reaching a hand out to plug the hair dryer into one of the points.
'Don't need it,' Chanyeol interrupted. 'I'll use it next time; I'm too lazy right now.'

After a few moments of comfortable silence, Chanyeol tossed his towel to the laundry basket and flopped onto the bed.
'Jongdae just called,' he started. 'Said he wants us to babysit Luhan for tomorrow.'
'Cool.'






















'Okay; so he's got toys, colouring books and all in his bagpack. He's not comfortable eating seafood. He won't be difficult, really, but---'
'It's all fine, Minseok-hyung,' Chanyeol chuckled. 'Luhan's not gonna bother us. Right, buddy?'
But Luhan was too busy with his shoelace to pay attention to the tall male.
'I'm really sorry for this, and---'
'Hyung. You're getting late.'
Minseok crouched and patted Luhan's head, kissing the boy's forehead and earning a peck on the cheek in return.

'Have fun, baba!' Luhan chirped, waving out to Minseok as he drove away. 'Hi, Uncle Yoda.'
'Good morning, Lulu~ Did you have your breakfast yet?' Chanyeol grinned, leading the child in.

'I had omlette and milk today,' the child nodded, looking around with big eyes. 'Can I go everywhere?'
'Sure thing, buddy.'













Yifan entered the house with three grocery bags and shut the front door behind him, confused when he heard a shrill muffled scream coming from his room. He set the bags on the kitchen counter and raced up the stairs, throwing his room door open.
'What---'
Yifan got cut off by Luhan's scream as the child lunged for the brown-haired male from Chanyeol's shoulders. The taller male immediately caught the boy safely in his arms and hugged him close, carefully setting him down.
'You should be more careful! What were you thinking?!' he chided his boyfriend.

'Hi, Yifan,' Chanyeol sheepishly grinned. Yifan sighed, smiling when Luhan tugged at his hair.
'What happened to your cool hair?' he asked. 'Why did you and Uncle Yoda swap hair?'
'For a change, Lulu. Did you eat?'
The boy nodded, giving the adults a toothy grin.

'Can we play hide and seek?'











And that's how Yifan found himself under his bed with Luhan safely curled into his side. Luhan stifled a giggle when they heard Chanyeol count up to forty loudly.
'Will he find us, Uncle Giant?' he whispered, looking up with wide eyes.
'Let's hope not, okay? Let's win this,' Yifan grinned, hugging Luhan closer when Chanyeol yelled out 'ready or not, here I come!' to them from the living room.




'Aah, where are you?' Chanyeol wondered out loud, looking behind doors and the television set.
'Wow, both of you are so smart~ I can't find you...'

Yifan and Luhan heard some sounds of the drum kit being played - Chanyeol was in the music room.
'Maybe you're upstairs?' Chanyeol teased, his loud footsteps exciting Luhan.

 


'Uncle Giant!' Luhan whispered, giggling into Yifan's neck and pressing himself closer. They heard doors open and close before Chanyeol finally entered the master bedroom where they were hidden.

'Oh, my God... are both of you invisible?' he gasped dramatically, slowly looking around the room. Luhan's happy sigh and giggle, followed by Yifan's 'shh, Lulu!' gave them away, and the corners of Chanyeol's lips curled up into a smile. He scratched his head and continued to look through the walk-in wardrobe.

'Where are you~ come out~! Aah, I'm so scared now. Where are you?'
Luhan quietly scampered out from underneath the bed, prepared to ambush Chanyeol. He gripped two of Yifan's fingers tightly and pulled him, a finger on his lips.

'Now,' he whispered, screaming loudly with Yifan. Chanyeol turned and laughed, scooping Luhan in his arms and sandwiching the boy between himself and Yifan.

'I win! Do I win? I win, right?'
'You win, Luhan,' Chanyeol nodded, tickling Luhan and grinning at the boy's squeals. They set the boy down and he looked around the huge wardrobe, pursing his lips in thought.

'Can I dress up?'
'Of course,' Yifan smiled fondly, ruffling the boy's black hair. 'Come, I'll show you everything properly.'







Chanyeol created a new folder in his phone's album for Luhan, taking loads of pictures of the boy in Yifan's collection of sunglasses, hats, scarves and jackets. He even tried on Chanyeol's shoes, making it look more like he had clown feet.

Seventy eight pictures later, the boy lost interest in modelling and clung to Yifan's leg, looking up with shining eyes.
'Will Uncle Giant draw with me?' he asked. 'Taozi told me you can draw.'
Yifan's eyes lit up and he grinned, scooping Luhan up and nodding excitedly.
'Just make sure you don't outshine Lulu, my Picasso,' Chanyeol chuckled in amusement, pecking both the Chinese males on their cheeks. 'I'll go get lunch ready.'

















'This is my Lego kit, this is my Rubik's Cube, this is my box of crayons!' Luhan chirped, emptying the contents of his purple bagpack onto the coffee table. When he had finally brandished the fat colouring book gifted to him by none other than Yifan and Chanyeol themselves, he had a wide grin on his face.
'Do you remember this?' he held the book up and asked, hugging it close to his chest. 'I love this book!'
'We're glad you do,' Yifan chuckled, ruffling the boy's hair.
'Let's go colour where Uncle Yoda is so he won't feel lonely, okay?'

Luhan nodded and marched off to the kitchen, climbing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter