Comic-Con and Dorky Flirting

Just Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

'Apba, apba, apba, apba, apba~' 

Junmyeon faded into consciousness from the Land of Sleep to this relentless chant tumbling from Zitao's drool-covered lips. Choosing to ignore his son just for a bit, Junmyeon tried to catch up on some more sleep. He could feel Zitao crawl up his thigh, sit on his outstreched arm with one leg tucked under the adult's elbow. Junmyeon discreetly looped his left arm behind the little boy to make sure he wouldn't fall off the bed. He concealed a growing smile as Zitao's small hands patted his cheeks haphazardly. 

'Apba~~~~~ apba, apba, apba, apba, apba~~'

The adult felt Zitao squirm and lean forward. Soon, two tiny fingers pried an eyelid up and Junmyeon hazily stared up at Zitao. 

'You're up, right?' the little boy lisped and tilted his head. Junmyeon chuckled and sat up, placing the toddler on his thigh and planting a kiss onto his forehead. 

'Yes, baby. I'm awake.' 

Zitao stood up and fell over Yixing's stomach, jerking the adult awake. Yixing caught Junmyeon's eyes and winked, faking slumber. Zitao repeated his actions with the Chinese male and scratched his head when Yixing rolled his eye up. 

'Where's the brown? Everything's whi---'

Unable to hold up any longer, Yixing rolled his eye back down and made the toddler squeal. 

 

'He's awake!' 

Yixing playfully roared, grabbing Zitao and slobbering him with kisses. Sehun padded into the room, picking at his pants that had a dark stain. 

'Apba,' he looked up at Junmyeon with a wobbling lower lip. 'It's so icky!' 

Junmyeon shook his head and led the boy to the bathroom. 

'Let's change you out of that, okay? Don't cry, baby.'

'I don't like to wet my bed,' Sehun squirmed, scrunching his nose up. 

'Everyone wets their bed at some point, Hunnie. It's okay. Just remember to go to the bathroom when you feel like it, okay?' 

'Zitao wet his bed, too! I saw!' 

 

Hearing the shrill voice, Yixing looked down on the toddler seated on his foot and raised his eyebrows. 

'Taozi, did you wet your bed?' he asked in Chinese. 

'Apba, I changed before coming here.' 

Still not believing that the three year old cleaned up after himself, Yixing placed a hand on Zitao's bottom and sighed. 

'Wearing a new pair of pants over your soiled ones doesn't mean you've changed, Toazi.'

'Why not?' the toddler shrilly cried out, wailing as Yixing led him to the bathroom to join Sehun. 

 

Sehun stared at Zitao as Junmyeon changed him out of his soiled pants. 

'Told you,' he chanted and stuck his tongue out. Zitao pointed an accusing finger and shrieked. 

'Apba! Se-hyung's sticking his tongue out at me!' 

'Don't point, baby,' Yixing chided, patting the child's backside lightly. Zitao went on talking, trying to get a response from his elder brother and got nothing. 

'Hey! Say something!!' Zitao stomped his foot and whined in Chinese. 

'Please?' he pleaded in Korean. 

'Hunnie, Taozi wants you to say something,' Yixing translated. 

'What?'

'He didn't hear what I said! He was supposed to say, 'Wow, amazing!' or something! Apba, tell him!' Zitao pouted and Yixing translated the toddler's words. 

 

'It's my filler.'

'Huh?' Junmyeon looked up. 

'Filler. 'What?' is my filler,' the five year old announced and Junmyeon resisted the urge to facepalm. 

'Where did you learn that?' Yixing raised an eyebrow.

'Yifan used to do that back when we were roommates. He must have done that in front of Hunnie at some point.' 

 

The children ran out the bathroom the moment they were completely cleaned up. 

'Be careful!' Yixing called out, shaking his headd and heading for the children's room to put the soiled sheets in the washing machine. 

'Let's buy some waterproof mattress protectors for them, what say? Minseok mentioned something about buying a new one last week when Luhan started wetting his bed. They'll have more now since the two Baeks will also be staying over.' 

 

 

 

After their usual morning breakfast, the two children were dressed and had stuffed some toys into their purple bagpacks. 

'Don't trouble your uncles, okay?' 

'Yes~'

'And no painting your hair.'

'Okay~'

Just then, the doorbell rang. Junmyeon opened the door to Minseok, who scooped the two children up immediately as they laughed and hugged him. 

'Sorry for this, hyung.'

'It's cool,' the eldest laughed. 'Lulu and Baek missed these two, and I think Beom wants to play with Zitao again.'

'They did have loads of fun at the wedding. Any word from the two lovebirds?' Yixing chipped in. 

'Not really, no. But I'm sure they're having a gala time in Japan right now.'

'Everything's right in time, isn't it? Like these kids have their vacations right now and all.'

Minseok shifted the children, holding them carefully and nodded. 

'Okay, I'm gonna leave now. Have fun!'

'No, wait! Where'd you buy the waterproofs from?'

 

'Ah, online. I think we have extras - Yejoon had one extra and I accidentally ordered two last week. I'll give them to you.'

'We'll pay you tomorrow!'

'Cool,' Minseok grinned, barely avoiding Zitao's fist to his canine. 

 

'Boom, pow, pow! Kablam!' Zitao sounded, lightly punching Minseok's cheek. Sehun placed a small hand on the adult's nose and squeezed it. 

'I'll not let go~!' he chirped.

'Will you be okay...?'

'Yeah, I got the car, it's a block away,' Minseok reassured, his nasal voice making the children laugh. 'Have fun!'

'We will; thanks once agai---'

'Uncle Minmin?'

'Yes, Taozi?'

'You have popcorn in your hair,' the toddler giggled and ate the kernel. Minseok blinked and chuckled. 

'Okay, then. Right! Hang on tightly, both of you! No moving around or you won't get any strawberries, okay?'

 

 

 

 

 

 

Two hours later, the Kim-Zhang couple found themselves stuck in traffic. 

'I just hope things won't get weird,' Junmyeon grinned awkwardly, tugging at his jacket. 

'You can take it off for now, you know. The cap, too.'

The elder nodded and complied with a sigh. Yixing gave his husband's shoulder a comforting squeeze and offered a small smile. 

'It's my first time, too. But I'm sure we'll have fun. For all you know, we can even try out for the Best Costume Award!' the Chinese grinned and handed the other his yellow tie-on hood. 

'But gosh, I can't wait to get up. My tail's really uncomfortable to sit on,' he pouted. Junmyeon chuckled, checking that there were thirty seconds left for the signal to turn green. He smiled to himself and took off his seatbelt, leaning over to place a quick peck to Yixing's pout. 

'I don't think Ash would kiss Pikachu,' Yixing chuckled. 

'Who said we're the originals? We can make a few adjustments, I'm sure,' Junmyeon laughed and wore his seatbelt. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing whist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter