Memories Over Beer

Just Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Junmyeon leaned back in his chair with a sigh - a week had passed since he and Yifan had quit the law firm. His table being cleared of all the fat law books and files seemed like a finalty to him, a sign that this was actually happening. All the books he had spent sleepless nights over were now in a huge box scheduled to be long forgotten in a dusty corner of the storage room (or their 'makeshift attic' as Zitao had insisted after being read a few stories to). He swirled around in his chair for a bit and slowed down, still deep in thought. 

 

'Apba~!' Zitao squealed, running into the room and barelling into his father's chest. 

'Me, too! Me, too!' 

The adult sat him on his lap and swirled in his chair, a natural smile spreading across his face as Zitao's squeals of delight filled the room. 

'Taozi!! You're getting late!' Yixing's voice floated from the hall. 

'Apba, I don't wanna go~~' the child whined. 

'You should go, Taotao.'

'No!' 

'Go and come back quickly so that we can play, okay?' Junmyeon worded slowly. 

'Okay,' Zitao sighed and leaned up to peck his father's cheek. Junmyeon patted his hair and bent down, blowing a raspberry against Zitao's tummy, making the child laugh. 

'Apba, come on!' he insisted, dragging his father out by his index finger. 

 

 

'Apba has not worn his shirt right,' Sehun blinked, pointing to the uneverly-done button-up shirt. Yixing shook his head and fixed Junmyeon's shirt. 

'Shall I go to the parent meet today for Sehun? You look like you need some time for yourself,' he leaned in and whispered. Junmyeon pursed his lips and gave a small nod. Yixing placed a chaste kiss to his husband's lips and nuzzled their noses together. 

'Things will be fine, love,' he reassured and gave a last smile before turning to the children. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Junmyeon spent the rest of his morning flicking through random channels. At around noon, he got a call from Yifan. 

'Hey.'

'Hey, what are you doing right now? Are you free for lunch?'

'Yeah... Xing's busy with the PTA at Sehun's school and Zitao has a field trip today.'

'Wanna meet up? It's been a while since we went out as friends.'

'Sure. What about Chanyeol?'

'He's busy at the recording studio with Jongdae-hyung - they're recording some songs for a new TV drama.'

The two talked some more before hanging up. Having already dressed up decently for the PTA he ended up not going to, Junmyeon took the spare house keys and wore his sneakers before leaving the house. Yifan dropped by almost immediately, rolling down his red car's windows just as Junmyeon liked it. The Korean male slipped into the passenger seat and fist-bumped his best friend, wearing his seat belt and closing his eyes for a bit. 

 

'So,' he started after a while. 'How are you dealing with it?'

'Well... I still was in a rush the first three days. Chanyeol had to pin me down to remind me I wasn't working anymore,' Yifan shook his head. 'I've been spending the days sorting my e-mails and lazing around. I mean, it feels good to finally be able to sleep in but it feels empty. What about you?'

'Same here. I just put my stuff away this morning once and for all. It felt... weird.' 

 

They talked some more and lapsed into a comfortable silence. As Yifan waited for the signal to turn green, he side-eyed his friend and pursed his lips. 

'Let's go to the old usual, what say?'

'It's way too early to drink, buddy,' Junmyeon chuckled. 

'Just a few beers will do no harm, come on. Just like the old times.'

The Korean thought for a while and grinned a little. 

'Okay.' 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The ex-lawyers found themselves seated at their usual seat at the back of the restaurant, looking up at an unfamiliar waiter. 

'Two regulars - one with medium spice, one with no spice, and two beers,' Yifan placed the order. 

'Bottled or glasses?'

'Two bottles, medium.'

 

They then leaned back, simultaneously whipping out their phones to text their lovers. 

 

Hey. I'm out with Yifan for lunch.   - Junmie.

          Only lunch? O.o   - Xing.

Okay, and beer. When does the meet start?   - Junmie.

         Tell him I said 'hi'! Meet starts in five minutes, gotta go. Love you!   - Xing.

Love you, too!   - Junmie.

 

I'm out for lunch with Junmyeon. When does your work end?   - YIIIIIIIIIFAAAAAN.

          We're recording the soundtracks, too. I should be done by three.   - Yeollie~~.

Want me to pick you up?   - YIIIIIIIIIFAAAAAN.

          Nah, I'm fine. Take your time, you need this :)   - Yeollie~~. 

Reach home safely, make sure to have lunch. We'll go out for your favourite. I love you!   - YIIIIIIIIIFAAAAAN.

         I love you, too :3   - Yeollie~~.

 

 

'This place has changed a bit,' Junmyeon remarked, pocketing his phone. Yifan copied his actions and nodded. 

'Remember the first time we came here with Yixing?'

'Five months into our relationship,' Junmyeon chuckled fondly. 'It was a fun day.'

'For me, definitely,' Yifan let out a small laugh. 'He got jealous real quick.' 

 

'So this is where my boyfriend disappears off to every two weeks,' Yixing looked around as Junmyeon placed their order. 'So, what do both of you do here?'

'Eat, drink.'

'There's more to it, I know.'

Yifan chuckled. 'You're smart; I like you.'

'We usually get girls talking to us.'

'What?'

'Yeah. Usually for Mr. Single here.'

'Usually?' Yixing teased. 

'And only for Mr. Single, now,' Junmyeon added, interlacing his fingers with Yixing's and squeezing them with a smile. 

'Please. Too cheesy, both of you.'

',' Junmyeon pouted over his boyfriend's laugh. 

 

As the trio were eating their meals, a girl around their age approached them. Yifan looked up and they started talking. 

'That's smooth,' Yixing whispered into Junmyeon's ear, to which the other nodded. They spoke some more and the girl retreated to her table, but not before giving Yifan her number and a flirtatious wink. 

'So, that's your Sunday,' Yixing chuckled, his grin faltering a little as two girls approached their table - one of them was eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter