The Love Tonight

Just Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Yifan woke up to his phone's blaring alarm and lazily switched it off, eyes widening a little at the arm tightening itself round his torso. He peered down, only to find Chanyeol's head resting on his chest, their legs twined together messily. A small smile graced the younger's plump lips as he lightly poked the other's cheek, grinning when the elder stirred awake.
'Good morning,' the elder mumbled sleepily, snuggling closer with a grin and taking a deep breath. Yifan simply laced their fingers together and pecked the other's forehead as his own greeting. Chanyeol leaned up and left a slow kiss to the younger's lips, smiling when he felt the hand on the nape of his neck push him closer. He broke away and looked at Yifan with a grin, letting the younger initiate a second and third kiss. They looked into each other's eyes and, out of the blue, Yifan began to chuckle. The two of them soon found themselves laughing and nuzzling their noses together affectionately.


The duo got up together and headed for the bathroom, pulling out their toothbrushes and squirting toothpaste on the bristles - blueberry for Yifan, cool mint for Chanyeol. Screwing the tubes shut, they wet the bristles and brushed their teeth side by side, looking at each other through the mirror with a corner of their lips curled up.








'I have a day off today,' the elder started, dipping a slice of pancake into maple syrup and eating it.
'I have a photoshoot today for the Chinese 'Vogue' today,' the younger reminded.
'Yeah... what was it? Er...'

'They're talking about stars on the rise and I'm apparently one because of that movie I accepted.'

'Uh... 'Somehwere Only We Know'? When's the shoot start?'

'Next month.'

'Can I come along, please? Pretty please? Come on, Yifan!'
'What about booking tickets?'
'Your sister's manager called while you were in the shower last night and I told him to get one for me, too.'
'Chanyeol!'
'Why not? Don't you want me there?' the elder asked, lowering his fork with a hurt expression in his eyes.
'What about your pro---'
'I took a week off,' he dismissed.
'... You really mean it? That you wanna come?'
 
Chanyeol grinned and poked his boyfriend's cheek with the maple-dipped bit of pancake.
'Aw, of course, I wanna come along!'
Yifan made a face at the sticky liquid swiped across his jaw, letting out a startled sound when the elder got off his chair, knelt close to him and the maple syrup off his jawline. Chanyeol gave the other a cheeky grin, a boyish twinkle in his eyes when Yifan dabbed syrup onto the elder's lips and closed in for an overly sweet-and-sticky kiss.

'I officially love maple syrup,' Chanyeol laughed, retreating to his chair to finish his breakfast.




The tall couple left for the airport immediately after breakfast - Chanyeol had taken the liberty to even pack his clothes the previous night sneakily while the other was asleep, much to the younger's amusement. The flight was relatively normal, minus how Chanyeol kept biting his boyfriend's shoulder randomly while the younger was staring out the window or reading a book.

'Notice me, Yifan,' the elder whined, tugging the book out of his hands.
'You told me you wanna sleep, though.'
Chanyeol shook his head and drank some water.
'Tell me about your time in Canada,' he demanded.

'Well... I was the captain of the basketball team back in Vancouver,' the younger recalled fondly as he continued to talk about his middle and high school days.
'Why'd you quit?'
'It was this silly thing, actually,' he chuckled. 'I swore to join a professional basketball team only if I grew to be one ninety centimeters. Fell short by one, I gue---'
'That's not the only reason, Yifan,' Chanyeol deadpanned. 'Tell me.'
'My ankle... I suffered a real bad injury. The doctors said I'd be screwed if I ever continued, so...' he trailed off, a far-away look in his eyes. He blinked and smiled bitterly, taking a deep breath when Chanyeol linked their fingers together comfortingly.








The first thing they did after landing safely in China was to drop by the studio.
'Hey, how're things goi---'
No sooner did Yifan start speaking than he was roughly pushed toward the stylists by his own sister.
'Greetings can wait for later, we're on a tight schedule here,' she shook her head, screeching to a stop and peering up at an awkward Chanyeol.
'... Park Chanyeol,' she tested, a heavy Chinese accent lacing her pronounciations. The eldest of the three nodded and bowed stiffly.
'So nice to meet you!' she grinned and clapped him on the shoulder, giving it a friendly squeeze. 'I know I've seen pictures of you before, but you look really handsome.'
Taking note of his boyfriend's confused and flustered look, Yifan took it upon himself to translate everything his younger sister had said.

'Please stop harrassing my man, Meifan,' he sighed, earning a set of teasing smirks from her in return.
'Anyway,' she clapped. 'It's time to colour your hair and get you into some good , Mr. -Hands.'
With that, the tall couple was forced into seperation for a span of four hours.



Not knowing what to do, Chanyeol awkwardly walked around the set, taking everything in with awe - this was the second time he had stepped foot into a modelling studio, but this one was huge considering it was for the Chinese 'Vogue'. After a good half hour or so of aimlessly wandering around, his eyes caught sight of a lone acoustic guitar lying innocently in a forgotten corner, the bag having been carelessly ped only halfway. He sneakily looked around, nodding to himself at the coast being clear before quietly tip-toeing toward the instrument. With a small smile of relief on his features, Chanyeol plopped down on one of the seats and took the guitar out of its cover completely.

'Finally,' he grinned to himself. 'A friend to comfort me and put me at ease.'
The tall Korean gently ran his fingertips over the fretboard, the curve of the wood and the strings before absently plucking at the strings. His phone, which was now lying on the small table nearby, lit up with a message and Chanyeol's heart felt warm all over with the photo that presented itself - his lockscreen was their first selca together. Chanyeol had sported his usual grin while Yifan had a soft smile playing out on his lips, his blonde hair tousled beautifully by the evening cool winds. The elder's eyes were shining and so were Yifan's, thanks to the glow given by the sunset, when they took it.

Chanyeol stared at the picture till his screen light dimmed out, his fingers ghosting over the strings and twitching as a melody began to course through his veins and pump his blood. He closed his eyes and strummed a tune, giving it life with his innocent passion and growing love for a certain part-time model with Greek-like features and a dorky attitude.


The loud snap of a camera shutter going off cruelly yanked him out of his trance and he looked up with alarm, calming down when he found Meifan crouching with a camera in her hands and a sheepish grin on her lips.
'I just had to capture the moment, I can't help myself,' she explained apologetically. Not understanding her words but knowing the look on her face, Chanyeol waved it off with a welcoming grin of his own and beckoned the younger female closer.
'Did you like it?' he slowly asked in broken Chinese, tumbling over the pronounciation and repeating the words carefully. Meifan nodded eagerly and showed him the photo she took.
'You look really... I don't know... raw in this. That's what makes it so beautiful,' she whispered, snapping her fingers and perking up as she remembered something. She reached out for a device and stopped the recording, pushing it into Chanyeol's hands.

'Huh?'
Meifan fumbled with her phone, ing it into his face when she was done texting furiously - she had typed her words out and it had gotten translated into Korean.

Jiaheng told me many times abaout how you'd play something but forget to record, so he'd record it for you and send it to you. He told me how you find your work precious and how he'd hate to see even a bit of it get lost and go to waste. Consider this as a favour - I recorded it and I'm glad. It feels like you played with Yifan in mind.

Chanyeol thanked Meifan with a wide grin, confused when she pushed the guitar back into his hands. A look of understanding wased over his features as she gripped her camera and pulled away for a better angle, an expectant look in her eyes. He nodded enthusiastically and began to play his versions of some songs on the guitar.




Meifan left after an hour or so to attend to the lightings and other needs, thus leaving Chanyeol to his devices once more. After a few minutes alone, Chanyeol heard some laughter and someone entered the small room he had made himself comfortable in.
'Oh, hey!' the female chirped and Chanyeol's eyes widened.
'K... Ke... Kendall Jenner?! You're Kendall Jenner!'
A conflicting mix of awe and jealousy washed over the tall Korean as the beautiful teen sat down and grinned.
'Hope you don't mind me being here,' she started in English, speaking a little slowly for him to udnerstand. 'I'm hiding from someone.'
Chanyeol nodded and gripped the guitar, an awkward silence making the atmosphere heavy.
'I'm Park Chanyeol,' he introduced and they shook hands.
'I haven't seen you before... ah, you must be Kris' friend!'
'Wh... who?'
'Kris Wu!' she exclaimed, raising a perfectly-shaped eyebrow suspiciously.

'Yifan's stage name,' Chanyeol recalled from the short films and old modelling stints he'd studied months before he had been hooked up with the younger. He nodded and rubbed the back of his nape nervously.
'Yeah, er... Sorry about that... I just...'
'Chills, no problem,' she chuckled, tapping a few things down on her phone before stowing it away.
'So, you play the guitar?'
'Er, yeah...'
'Cool! If you don't mind, please play something for me?' Kendall requested. Chanyeol smiled and played some American songs. Kendall perked up and sang along to them, the corners of her lips curving

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter