Knocked Back

Just Another Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: Scenes where the characters tease each other for awkward teenage growth. While it may seem like body-shaming, please keep in mind it's only light-hearted teasing between siblings and doesn't intend to promote body-shaming in any form or degree. Also, there is slight indication of body image issues in another character, but that character is not teased in the aforementioned scene. They are two separate incidents.

 

'Baba, what is this?'

'Lulu, just---'

'THIS BOY IS SO PRETTY, I LIKE HIM.'

Jongdae sighed and inched his hand forward. 

'Don't clutch it like that, just give me the photo, yeah?'

'I wanna kee---'

The doorbell's loud ringing cut the small boy off. Luhan ran off, tightly gripping a photo in his small hands. 

 

'Aunty!' he squealed and dodged Baekhyun, barelling into Eunji's open arms. Baekhyun eyed Jongdae and motioned him to come closer. Intrigued, Jongdae knelt down and leaned in. 

'What is it, Bae--- ow!'

The boy punched Jongdae's Adam's Apple and laughed, bouncing off to Luhan's room with a dinosaur plushie in tow. 

 

'Haha, you okay?' Eunji raised an eyebrow, clearly amused. 

'Where did he get all that from?'

'Dae, he's just like you were as a kid.'

'I was not,' he gasped and placed a hand over his heart. 

'Yeah, you broke a vase once.'

'I was singing, it was legit!'

'You were trying to imitate those fat singing ladies in that opera,' she retorted. 

'Well, I blame operas for exaggerating. I mean---'

'You wanted to break a vase with your voice, Jongdae.'

'I was easily influenced,' he defended. 

'You were eleven,' she bit back and laughed triumphantly. 

'At least I didn't tear mom's---'

'Shut it!' she growled, a blush creeping up her face. 

'---because you wanted a huge---'

'Shut it, Kim.'

'---and you were so jealous, you---'

'I mean it.'

'---stuffed it and went to the picnic, you cheat,' he finished with a laugh. Eunji tackled him and head-noogied him on the couch. 

 

'Luhan! Stop biting your father's leg and go play for a while!' Minseok's voice rang out from the kitchen. Eunji shuffled into the kitchen, continuing to tease Jongdae. The bell rang once more and rising voices were heard. Jongdae opened the front door and the voices grew louder. 

 

'You can----'

'LULU!' Sehun sang and ran up to said boy's room. 

'Wait, wait for me!' Zitao cried out and wriggled out of Junmyeon's arms, going between Jongdae's legs. His self-made bracelet got stuck in the adult's trackpants and he tugged relentlessly. 

'Let me go, dino!!' he wailed, tugging harder. 

'Let my pa--- hey, no! Don't pull them do--- stop!' Jongdae whined, finally freeing Zitao with a laugh. They watched the small boy scamper up the steps hurriedly, his bangs bobbing over his eyes frantically. 

 

'Guess what we found today?' Jongdae started off as they sprawled out in the living room. Minseok let a small smile grace his features as he set the mugs for everyone. Eunji leaned back and sighed, rubbing some crayon-marks off her thumb. 

'A pet?'

'Your music dictionary?'

'You borrowed my music dictionary?!' Eunji sat up. 

'That certificate you won last year?'

'Louw,' Junmyeon spluttered through the top of his mug and blinked stupidly as everyone stared at him weirdly. 

'What? I said 'love' - it's a joke, because of how I... Uh... ignore me, I'm having weird thoughts,' he waved off and awkwardly stared at the mantlepieces on the opposite wall. 

'... Anyway, none of those. We found our childhood albums!'

Eunji found a smile growing wide on her lips, threatening to rip her face as she fondly recalled fragments of memories. 

'Let's check them out, then!' Yixing cheered. Minseok left the room, only to return with four huge albums cradled in his arms. He left the room once more for more. 

'I'll just be back in a mo',' Jongdae excused himself and dashed after Minseok, grabbing his wrist and turning him around in their room. 

 

'You've become thinner, I just noticed. Why?'

'Oh? I don't know,' Minseok vaguely shrugged and turned. Jongdae blocked his way and held his hands loosely. 

'Don't play innocent with me, Minseok. You've become way thinner than before.'

'You're imagining things.'

'Your shirt's looser,' Jongdae pointed out. Minseok frowned lightly and shrugged again. 

'Man, don't do this! Did someone say---'

'Nobody said anything to me,' Minseok closed his eyes and sighed. 'Not this time.'

Jongdae swallowed a lump and cupped the smaller's face. 

'You're perfect to me, no matter what. Don't let those people at the cafe get to you, okay?'

Minseok remained stiff and silent for a bit, pulling away and taking a deep breath. 

'Go on, I'll be there in a bit,' he said in a low voice and grabbed his phone, locking the bathroom door behind him. Jongdae sighed and stared at his open palms sadly. 

'You're gonna call Mom again, like all those other times,' he thought sadly. 'Why can't it be me you call? Why don't you believe me?'

 

 

Shaking the mood off, he heaved the bag of albums off the floor and plastered a grin onto his face. 

'Let's get started!' he grinned once in sight of the others. 

'Where's Min?' Eunji raised an eyebrow, re-tying her hair into a loose bun. 

'Uh, he got a call to take.'

Yixing helped himself to a palm-sized album and flipped it open, studying the pictures carefully. 

 

'That's when Eunji was just born. The next one is me.'

'Oh, my God, Eunji, you were so... you're such a marshmallow in this!!' Yixing gushed with a grin. Eunji stuck her tongue out and leaned over his shoulder to get a better look. 

'... I look like I'm constipating,' she whined and slumped back, laughing along with the others. 

'You were so round, Eunji. God, fatty,' Jongdae joked. 

'Stick.'

'Mudpool.'

'Camel.'

'Thorn-face.'

'Flippy,' she dead-panned, a daring look in her eyes. Jongdae threw his hands up and groaned. 

'Aah!! Hey, hey, hey! That was in high school, already!' he whined over Eunji's laughter. 

'Flippy?' Junmyeon raised an eyebrow. 

'You'll see. He was such a pretty boy,' Eunji giggled. 

 

A good half hour of searching later, Eunji tapped an album tauntingly. 

'I found it, flippy,' she laughed. 

'You wouldn't dare.'

'Why not?'

'Flat-board.'

'Flippy.'

'Flat-board.'

'Pu---'

'NO!' Jongdae leaped frantically, flailing his arms about. Eunji squished herself between Junmyeon and Yixing, throwing her arms over their shoulders and pulling them closer. 

'Let me tell you boys a good story today.'

'NO!!'

'It's about a scrawny---'

'Stop, please---'

'---awkward, lanky boy with a---'

''NOOOO---'

'---HELL lot of hair and a really---'

'Don't do it, I say--- Don't do it, Eunji!'

'--- squeaky voice.'

'Hey, Kim Eunji!' he screamed in frustration and messed his hair up. 

 

Yixing bit back a laugh and Junmyeon openly let his peals of laught

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter