Vacation-3

Chocolate & Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minyoung finally got to enjoy her vacation the way she wanted. Changwook arranged a car service for her before he left for work. So she went to explore Asakusa's famous street market and shopped and ate to her heart's content. She even got a blouse of her taste and changed out of that bear tee in the public toilet.

Exploring by herself she had a lot more time than she anticipated. So she went to Harajuku on the driver's suggestion. There she bought clothes she'd need during the rest of her vacation, souvenirs for friends and her parents, loads of snacks, and things she liked for herself.

Changwook told her to not be worried about the expenses, giving her a card and some Japanese currency to spend. So she's back to her vacation theme of once in a lifetime luxury and purchasing every flavour of KitKat she could find and boxes of Royce chocolates all for her chocolate greedy self. If she gives into temptation and finishes it before she returns to Seoul she'll just get more.

Minyoung brings her grand total of 18 bags to the apartment in two trips between the elevator and the door. She couldn't find the doorman to get his help so she did it herself.

While she catches her breath outside the door, she checks the time. It's later than she intended solely because of lugging her bags around. Changwook would be home any minute now and they plan to head straight to dinner.

So Minyoung wants to get her purchases from Royce in a fridge before he sees them and judges her so hard. Oh yeah, she's going to have to eat all the evidence.

Minyoung looks for the spare keycard Changwook gave her in her bag. But those spots in her vision make it really hard to see. After the day's excitement has worn out the lingering effects of her fever is making her tired.

She decides to forget the keycard and just enter the passcode she remembers because Changwook spent the entire time eating breakfast reminding her what it is. If the melon bread wasn't so yummy she'd throw it at him.

Minyoung enters the code and waits for the familiar beep indicating the door has unlocked. As soon as she hears the sound she twists the handle to open the door. But to her shock, it only rattles but doesn't open.

Minyoung is confused, because she's pretty sure she heard the beep. A little panicky now she empties her purse on the floor and finally finds the card. She swipes it, hears the beep but again the door doesn't open.

At a loss Minyoung gathers her stuff back in her purse and calls Changwook. "Yeah... I'll be there in five." Changwook says as soon as he answers her call.

"Uh yeah... there's a problem..." Minyoung prepares for him to lecture her when she's about to tell him she's locked out. "I can't open the door."

"What do you mean you can't?"

"I tried the card and the password. There was that beep and the handle turned but the door won't open." There's a long silence on the other end that Minyoung thought Changwook hung up or something. "Hellooo? Changwook?"

"It's the manual lock." She jumps a little when he speaks suddenly, "The secondary lock can only be opened from inside or the keys. But the keys are with maintenance staff."

"Wait... from inside? Is someone in the house? Ommo! Are you getting robbed?"

"It's not that. Minyoung I need you to get to the lobby right now."

"Should I ask them for the spare keys?"

"No, just go to the lobby and stay there till I come get you."

"But I've got like 20 bags with me. Took me a lot to carry them all the way here."

"Just leave them there and go downstairs!"

"But-"

The door flew open and Minyoung finds a gorgeous model in a barely-there negligee is standing there. "I thought I heard a voice. Just wasn't expecting..." the other woman gives her a onceover "well, you."

Minyoung is frozen awkwardly till Changwook screaming for her attention on the phone brings her back to her senses. "Got to go. Shin Soojung forgot her clothes." Cue more Changwook screeching till she cut the call without a care.

Minyoung picks up the bag from Royce and few others then proceeds to walk past Soojung. "Can you help me with the rest? I barely managed to carry them to the door." Minyoung toes off her shoes and heads to the kitchen to get her chocolates in the refrigerator.

Soojung is flummoxed that this petite woman would be so non-reactionary to having a scantily clad woman open the door. She's still frozen at the door when Minyoung speedwalks back to the foyer. Soojung prepared for a confrontation but instead Minyoung again walks past her, gathers all the bags clumsily, mutters an ‘excuse me’ at her and dumps the bags in the entryway.

Chuffed at getting inside with all her stuff, Minyoung lets out an exaggerated sigh before looking at Soojung. Suddenly she bends towards the cabinet and brings out the spare slippers, a plain white pair of sliders, and places it near Soojung's feet that are in fluffy panda slippers.

"Could you give back my slippers? I bought them at Incheon airport specifically for the trip."

Soojung returns the slippers giving Minyoung a weird look as the shorter woman puts on the panda slippers and lets out a blissful sigh. "Normally I don’t care about people using my stuff. But these ones are special you know." Minyoung looks at Soojung pointedly, "They were bought by someone special and I won't let anyone take it from me just like that."

That's when Soojung sees it, the challenging aura from this seemingly unassuming woman. Here she thought she'd be a gullible little thing from the way she behaved.

Shedding that confused expression she had on, Soojung crosses her arms, making herself seem taller and looks down at Minyoung. "I wasn't expecting Woo-chan's little plaything would be in his apartment. Here I was prepared to surprise him at the door."

Soojung's Korean is slightly basic and accented but Minyoung can understand what she's implying. It's pretty clear to anyone with eyes and a functioning brain. Why else would Shin Soojung wear a black lace negligee over matching underwear in a house that's not hers? The fact that Minyoung finds "Woo-Chan" hilarious aside, obviously she didn't calculate that Changwook isn’t here alone. Even better, she seems desperate to pull this move.

From what she's heard from Changwook Soojung has never tried anything beyond forcing subtle gossip-fuelling PDA. Neither has she tried anything when Changwook was rumoured to be dating other women, only picking a convenient time when he's in Japan to fit in the narrative she's trying to push.

So clearly, she's seen the photos of Changwook so gallantly carrying her out of the gala. Minyoung realized just how huge that was when a couple of people recognized her at Harajuku today. She found it weird then, but absolutely delightful now given that it's Soojung.

Like Changwook has a confident businessman persona Minyoung brings out her polite yet assertive attorney persona out and sticks her hand forward with a charming smile, "Park Minyoung. Attorney in Korea. You won't read that in the papers."

Soojung shakes her hand hesitantly, "Attorney? So you work for Woo-chan..." it wasn't a q

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter