Vacation-2

Chocolate & Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her eyes snap open and she sits up with a start. Only when the covers and damp cloth on her forehead fall off does she realize where she is.

The remote is on the other table and she lunges at it as if she's some action hero. Though she knows there's no reason to be this jumpy, she's still shakily fumbling with the remote till the blinds draw open revealing a bright afternoon sun.

When that is accomplished Minyoung checks her state and situation one by one. It's almost two in the afternoon which means she slept for half a day on day 2 of her vacation. She's in the bedroom in a loose white teddy bear print frock (she has to take up the choice of kiddy print with whoever chose it) that's not hers. She's also cleaned.

Changwook mentioned that the building’s housekeeping staff do a weekly maintenance every Monday and they'd be living on takeout and cleaning up after themselves while they stay there. So it means not only did Changwook carry her over here but he also cleaned and changed her. The moist cloth that was on her head is mostly dried now indicating it hasn’t been changed for a while.

She slips out of the bed to look for him. But the house seems empty except for her. Their clothes that were discarded in the living room are no longer there.

However, the phones, both hers and the borrowed one, are on the couch. She gathers them and heads to the kitchen where a surprise awaited her.

"What's this?" Minyoung thinks aloud, picking up the tiny notepad perched on the island that had "Read Me" written on it with a few doodles. "Cute" she thinks, turning over to the next page.

"At work. Will see you at dinner." Good to know, she thinks turning to the next page, "Check cabinet above oven." Minyoung does and lets out a cheer. The cabinet has small teabags of assorted flavours, some cup ramen, and cookies. "Now freezer." Minyoung opens the fridge first to find all sorts of beverages. Funnily enough there's a post-it on one bottle that said "I knew you'd open this first :-P don't have if your throat is hurting!"

She throws away that post-it as if it was never there and opens the freezer to find some tempting frozen snacks. She takes the frozen dumplings and one of the noodle cups to make herself a late lunch along with the citrus tea.

While her food gets done, she checks the next page of the notepad. "Dining table." Minyoung finds two strips of medicines next to a gigantic tumbler. "They're generic. Have the white one after you eat." She flips the next page, "Have the yellow one only if you're nauseous."

"Hydrate!" Read the next page. He's quite bossy in a notepad. Makes her want to do the opposite. Grudgingly she flips to the next page and rolls her eyes at the last two pages.

"Don't step out of the house!"

 "At all!!!"

 ~~~

Minyoung has fully recovered by the time Changwook is back. She's curled up on the couch and nursing a cup of tea. "How much tea have you had all day?" Was his greeting.

"Every flavour you bought."

"I'm pretty sure I got nine kinds. Didn't know what you'd like." Changwook drops a bunch of bags on and around the coffee table and turns to her to plant a kiss on the side of her temple, "well your fever's gone."

"That's a weird way to check for a fever."

"It's been years... my skills are rusty." Minyoung rolls her eyes but can't resist the smile and blush. Maybe she should ask him to double check for a fever. He does though, scooching beside her and feeling her face with his hand. Satisfied she's better now, he doesn't say anything further.

Determined to not make things awkward, especially when he's taking such good care of her, Minyoung begins a conversation. "So, what's all this stuff you've got?"

Changwook points at the bags on the table, "gourmet Dinner à la 7-eleven." He then gestures at the bag that's not from 7-eleven, "Brownies, cheesecake, and melon bread." The sparkle in Minyoung's eyes get brighter till Changwook adds emphatically, "for breakfast." That earns him a curse from her. To pacify her, he picks up the bag from the floor and places it on her lap. She checks the contents to find a pair of leggings and a long t-shirt. "In case you want to go out tomorrow. You can get more clothes too."

"I've been wondering, where'd you get this from?" Minyoung picks at her childish frock while inspecting the pants to see if they're her size. "The first store I found... it's a two-minute walk."

Minyoung checks the tee and holds it in front of her. The size and lavender colour are acceptable. What she doesn't like is the large baby bear motif in the centre complete with a bow, diaper and binky. "Yah!" Minyoung howls, "What's with all the baby bears?!"

Changwook to his credit looks confused. "I thought you'd like it..." he states his simple thought.

 "Why would you think that?"

"Because you look like a baby bear..." Minyoung lets out a puppy-like squeal swatting at him at that comparison. Though her twig like arms don't affect him much. He easily grabs her wrists and tugs her onto his lap. "See! Baby bear!" Changwook takes immense pleasure pointing out that she's currently cradled in his lap dressed and looking exactly like a baby bear.

"Ugh! Couldn't you find a unicorn or something?"

“How’s unicorn better?”

“Because it’s enchanting and awesome and I’m enchanting and awesome!” She gets off his lap, grabs the bags of food and stalks off to the kitchen with him following after her. She had only put the bags on the counter when she was lifted off her feet and made to sit on the counter.

Minyoung doesn't know how to cope with Changwook being so close to her. He smells strongly of coffee besides his musky scent which she's missed over the past two days, or rather the week. She's feeling all kinds of shy, want, impatience and anxiety with him so close.

His hand on her thigh where the hem of the frock has ridden up and the other on her waist make her heart do somersaults made worse by his smirk. She doesn't know where to look or where to keep her hands till he turns her face to look at him.

"Wh-what?" She tries to sound like she's still grumpy but it barely comes out as a squeak. He answers her question by pulling her face closer by her nape and kissing her gently at first before it turns hungry. Minyoung is feeling the good kind of feverish from the kiss having missed this thoroughly. When they break the kiss, they barely move their faces away both wanting more. He puts her arms around her and lifts her from the counter.

"What are you doing?" Minyoung wraps her legs around him tighter, clinging more to him when he's holding her with only one hand to open the bedroom door with the other. "Don't you want to try out the bathtub?"

~~~

A soak in the bathtub feels great. Minyoung could sleep in it provided her back is against Changwook's front like now. "You can't sleep here..." Was she thinking out loud? His husky voice against her nape would indicate so.

"So how was work?"

"Same old... what did you do all day?"

"Netflix and chill... by myself." She punctuates with a playful seductive tone. But he might be in for some real seducing with the way his hand is sitting just under her chest, his thumb touching the underside of her in slight purposeful .

Minyoung is beginning to think he wants to bring her guard down for something big. "So..." there it is! "Is there something you want to talk about?" Minyoung doesn't get what he's implying. Did she want to talk? About what? "Something related to Shin Soojung!"

She visibly freezes against him. Why would he bring her up suddenly? Is he going to do the same with her as he did with Shin Soojung? Then why lead her on like this?

"I didn't mean to and I'm sorry about checking what you did on the phone. But you looked upset even while sleeping."

Minyoung vaguely remembers why she might have seemed upset in her sleep. She was having a nightmarish memory of the time she was in China, in her secret house.

She was waiting on the swing that was in the garden as usual, looking at the gate for Minho's car. The sky was still dark after it rained earlier and the old fountain in the centre of the driveway had overflowed.

Minyoung remembers this was the day Minho's car didn't arrive. It was his wife's, though Minho was there with her too.

Knowing what was going to happen Minyoung was prepared to say what she had been rehearsing in her mind for years. However, when the car stopped it wasn't Minho who stepped out of it. Her memory turned into a nightmare when Changwook stepped out of the car with a woman who's face she couldn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter