Seizing the Present- 2

Chocolate & Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh my god~ look at all that floof~" Geunseuk's shrill squealing makes said ball of floof look up at the half a dozen pairs of eyes on it before curling up again. The bichon frise pup is destined to be disturbed because Heechul is picking it up from its bed. "Damn! He's so cute! If my building didn't have a no pets policy, I'd be kidnapping him!"

"I totally get it!" Minyoung straightens up after moving the new dog bed to the living room. "I couldn't get a pet because of my landlord's no pets policy either. I thought now would be a good chance to get a puppy." She knows Changwook loves it too because he's arguing with anyone who is not letting him hold his puppy.

He didn't even get a second with it when Heechul brought the puppy and its paraphernalia 15 minutes ago. Everyone was all over the puppy that they forgot another cute creature.

"Gah!" Yihan points at the windows in horror making the others collectively look and flinch. Jaejoong's giant teary, angry eyes fixed on them from outside the window was frighteningly powerful enough to make them do anything.

Jaejoong had only blurted the word "cute" upon seeing the puppy and their instinctive reaction was to panic about dog fur triggering her asthma and carry her out of the house crowd surfing style. Yunho was miffed they just locked her out of the house instead of doing something normal like telling Jaejoong to wait in another room.

He stepped out himself, declaring he'll get the doctor's approval for their peace of mind. Meanwhile Jaejoong has been sending emphatic telepathic waves at them through the glass making them simmer in guilt.

Minyoung is very close to joining her outside in solidarity and for being the one to get the puppy that got her ousted, instead of say… letting Jaejoong in.

Jaejoong amps up her talent to look betrayed with trembling lips and a whole tear that makes them whimper. Just when they're close to falling down at Jaejoong's feet, the blinds suddenly drop shielding them from the Jaejoong effect. It was a second before someone called out to Jaejoong and she hopped off the short ledge and disappeared out of the window's view.

"Y'all are weak!" Changmin declares while dusting off his hands after he so coldly dropped the blinds on Jaejoong. "If you can't handle puppy eyes, you are not ready for the puppy!" They fidget awkwardly as Changmin snatches the puppy and stalks off huffily to the front door and throws it open.

Yunho trots inside with his parents who stopped by minutes ago when they found Yunho and Jaejoong out in the garden. "Okay, you morons. I spoke to Jaejoong's doctor, her mother, and Junsu. They all said she's safe with pets."

Jaejoong saunters in last, all smug with her 'I told you so' smirk. Making her victorious moment even sweeter, is the puppy's excited yapping. Changmin lets it down on the floor and it immediately totters around Yunho, Jihoon, and Hyekyo's feet to Jaejoong. After running around her feet, he nuzzles her ankle and sits beside her with a happily wagging tail.

"Wow! Even dogs fall in love with you!" Hyekyo applauds with a laugh, looking at her husband. "Even we can't compete with that!"

"Dogs always love me..." Jaejoong picks up the puppy and holds it with all the panache of a Bond villain. "If you would have listened to me, you'd know I was a pet-sitter throughout elementary school."

Minyoung toddles over to Jaejoong, her expression apologetic. "You're really okay?"

"Of course I am!" The puppy also yaps for emphasis.

Minyoung now turns to the group, crossing her arms sternly. "What do you say to Jaejoong?" Like scolded children, they fidget and look down while muttering apologies.

Geunseuk though has a petulant nose in the air. "We were only worried. Not our fault!"

 "Jaejoong, we're going home with the puppy." Yunho's declaration has Geunseuk dropping the act in a fraction of a second and fawning over Jaejoong with apologies.

"Okay kids, now stop going goo-goo eyes over the puppy eyes," Hyekyo wags a dainty finger at Jaejoong and the puppy, "You haven't done any work so far. So, get moving. I'm going to get started with lunch."

"I'll help!" Changmin raises his hand enthusiastically but Hyekyo turns him down with a resolute shake of his head.

"Chullie, Joongie lend me a hand..." Heechul obediently follows Hyekyo while Jihoon yanks Changmin back by his hoodie. Changwook directs everyone to go through the connecting door of the garage where his housekeeper is having the space cleaned up to store some of Minyoung's stuff.

When Jaejoong is about to follow Hyekyo and Heechul, Changwook suddenly inserts himself in front of her. "Gimme my baby!" He has his hands outstretched towards the puppy in demand. Beside Jaejoong, Minyoung is wants to ask when did the unnamed puppy become Changwook's baby. But the way Jaejoong turns away from him with the dog has Minyoung thinking it won't be their puppy soon. "My puppy!" Jaejoong resolutely squeaks, turning on the same puppy eyes from before.

Minyoung is very close to shoving Changwook away by his chin and giving the puppy to Jaejoong. Only Yunho taking the puppy from Jaejoong halts Minyoung's plans. "Jaejoong, the doctor said you have to be careful. And you used to look after a snake and turtle. They don't have hair."

"Snake!" Minyoung and Changwook shriek.

"It wasn't a snake and turtle. It was a snakehead turtle. And it was only for a few weeks coz the owner had got it from Australia illegally and it was taken away. I used to look after a Great Pyrenees too. It was like giving bath to a bear!" Jaejoong mimes lifting a giant creature.

"Okay how about this?" Minyoung takes the dog from Yunho and returns it to Jaejoong. "You can mind him and make sure he's out of our way." Jaejoong enthusiastically agrees. Instead of going to the kitchen, she runs off to the garage.

"And you will keep an eye on Jaejoong keeping an eye on the dog." Yunho didn't need to state what Minyoung knows already but she does give him an assuring wink before following Jaejoong.

By themselves, Yunho moves towards the front door, "You come with me. I got all of Minyoung's pillows and stuffed toys in my car."

Changwook rolls his eyes and sighs, "She has way too many toys. I don't know why she has a giant stuffed whale but she has a problem with one bear picture on a t-shirt."

They are walking down the narrow pathway when they hear an unusual voice. "Wooooo~kiiieee~" Geunseuk is riding a longboard down the small slope of the garden towards them. Nothing thrilling enough to warrant squealing like he's on a roller coaster. He comes to a soft stop in the short bushes lining the pathway in front of them and hops off the longboard. "We found your toys!"

Yunho snorts into his hand as Changwook's cheeks have a tell-tale hue of red. Oh well, he won't tell Minyoung that he was complaining about her toys while hiding his own. Not when Minyoung is trying to move on a skateboard, that's clearly Changwook's, on the grass while sitting on it.

"Why do you have three hoverboards anyway?" Geunseuk doesn't notice Changwook's murderous look when he spills more on his toys because Seunghyun and Yihan are noisily trying the skateboards and hoverboards. Near the garage, Changmin is giving the puppy a ride on a snazzy electric blue three-wheel scooter.

"Yah Ji Changwook!" Heechul meanders over to them while hugging a dusty hoverboard. Why is she there? Isn’t she supposed to help Mrs. Hwang and Yunho’s mother? "Hwang Ajhumma said I can take one of the hoverboards."

Behind her, Mrs. Hwang is carrying a pair of inline skates. So that’s where the housekeeper had been… "Isn't it okay? Your mother has been telling you to get rid of your bulky toys anyway."

"You're giving this stuff away?" Seunghyun appears suddenly behind them, "Dibs on the hoverboard cart!"

"No, not that!" Changwook angrily pulls Seunghyun's arms down. "My cart is new. You can take the other crap."

"Why do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter