Haunted by Past-8

Chocolate & Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho's eyes follow Junsu's every movement with an intensity that could singe. Junsu ignored him for the first 20 minutes but she has her limits.

"Don't you have to go to work?"

"What triggered the attack?"

Junsu lets out a tired sigh. She had only completed a late shift a few hours ago only to get a call from Yunho that Jaejoong had an asthma attack. She got off the bus that was taking her back home and got a taxi to Yunho’s, having called Yoochun on her way to explain why she wasn’t home at the expected time.

Fortunately, Jaejoong's attack was not as bad as the one triggered by mold at her old home. Jaejoong had already taken care of it with her inhaler.

Yunho, though, is on edge because he saw her slip out of bed, try to walk to the bathroom and collapse after four steps. Doesn't mean he gets to be curt with her.

"I told you I can't tell the cause until you tell me what happened," Junsu's tone doesn't convey the command as she checks Jaejoong's pulse.

"Should I call her mother?" Junsu doesn't miss how Yunho avoids her question... again. "It's okay. It's not a bad one. A little rest will do. Stop avoiding my question Yunho. What was she doing when she had the attack?"

"Does stress trigger an attack?"

"It's common..."

"that was it. She was up all night."

If Yoochun was here he'd use that statement to make an inappropriate joke to lighten the mood. But Junsu is experienced with people not being very forthcoming with their doctors. If stress kept Jaejoong up all night and caused an asthma attack, Junsu can believe that. But she can't accept if Yunho is hiding what is stressing Jaejoong out at the risk of her having another attack.

"If you don't want to tell me I'm fine with it. But you need to resolve it so she doesn't stress anymore."

"I wish I could but It's not something related to Jaejoong... or me that I can resolve it easily."

Junsu looks at Jaejoong frowning slightly in her unconscious state then at Yunho. "You got to tell me what it is Yunho. I need to know if she has to get away from the cause."

As much as Yunho knows the importance of that he can't tell Junsu, not at the risk of Yoochun finding out that Lee Joongi is their neighbour. With the hatred Yoochun has for the Lees, he can't. It's not even his secret to tell. It's far more frustrating for him that Jaejoong is caught in the middle of it.

He was caught off guard last night when Minyoung and Jaejoong returned. Minyoung only apologized, picked up her things and left abruptly with Heechul running after her. Jaejoong told Yunho that Joongi is the new neighbour and Yunho reacted hotly.

In retrospect, he shouldn't have groaned that loud and punched the wall. Jaejoong's expression was terrified at that sight, not of Yunho but of the situation that seems bad enough for Yunho to react that way. That was probably unnecessary stress for Jaejoong. Yet he can't talk about it.

The doorbell ringing is his saviour and he internally sighs in relief. "That must be Changmin..." he mutters before running out of the room.

Out of patience for Yunho's avoidance, Junsu follows him down the stairs. Before she can yell out a few choice words, Yunho has thrown open the door.

"Morning! I got coffee!" Yoochun brandishes the coffee cups as he enters. "There were croissants too but we ran into that monster in the parking lot and he ate it all!" Yoochun refers to Changmin, dressed in a sweatshirt and shorts, who strolls in with his office trolley bag and half a butter croissant in his mouth.

"Hi hyung! I dressed down today since we're working from home." He speaks with cheeks full, shuffling to the kitchen to look for more food. That wasn't the last of Yunho's visitors.

"Hi~! Yoochun oppa told us about Jae. So we stopped over. We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter