Haunted by Past-13

Chocolate & Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Someone is yelling at Changmin to stop eating. Now that's a weird dream. Or is it?

Jaejoong opens her eyes but it takes a while for her vision to adjust. But she can tell it's dark because she's pulled the comforter, she doesn't remember taking, over her head. She's also made a pillow of someone's stomach that is not as hard and bumpy as Yunho's.

"Changmin, get out of the fridge!" Someone is scolding again and there's the sound of things falling.

Groggily, Jaejoong sits up letting the comforter slide down to her waist. She realizes she was sleeping on Minyoung's stomach who is still dead to the world and being spooned by a slumbering Heechul. A glance at the window shows it's either sunrise or sunset. She can't tell.

She was sure that they hadn't turned off the lights yesterday as they were talking well into early morning though they are off right now. Now that she looks carefully, the bedroom side and the kitchen/dining area lights are on.

Carefully, she shifts the comforter to cover Minyoung and Heechul and crawls to the kitchen. There she finds a familiar body digging into the refrigerator.

Gingerly, Jaejoong knocks on the refrigerator door and Changmin pulls out to see. When he sees Jaejoong, he returns to the fridge again and hands her a strawberry pudding cup. Jaejoong accepts the cup and stands up. Her muscles feel sore from sleeping on the floor and every step or movement to get a spoon and glass of water is painful.

Most of the kitchen stuff looks packed up. Lucky for her, Changmin hands her a bottle of water from the fridge which he opens for her.

"Yah are you still raiding the fridge-" Seunghyun appears in the kitchen huffily but freezes when his eyes settle on Jaejoong. Immediately he runs where he came from. "Chang! Chang! Chang! Chang!"

Few seconds later Changwook appears from the bedroom and stalks straight to Jaejoong. Without much warning, he smacks his palm on her forehead so suddenly Jaejoong spits the water back into the bottle. "That's good... you don't have a fever..." Changwook withdrew his hand satisfied that Jaejoong's skin was cool. "When we came over you were slightly warm to the touch. But Nurse Junsu insisted you should not be disturbed."

"Like we could even if we tried." Changmin snorts, "the three of you were comatose! Jang Geunseuk literally tripped on Heechul's legs and neither of you woke up."

That prompts Jaejoong to grab Changwook's wrist and check his watch. "6 in the morning?"

"6 in the evening..." Changwook corrects. "Heechul sent me and Yunho a text that you guys dozed off at around 5 in the morning. What were you doing all night?"

Jaejoong opens but a cracked squeak came out of it. She downed more water and waved Changwook's concern away. "Last thing I remember is finding Heechul's ex on the Internet..."

"obviously you guys had a great party!" Changmin laughs.

Seunghyun returns just then with Yihan and Yoochun behind him. "Jaejoongie~" Yoochun squeals like a happy kid running to Jaejoong with flailing arms only to be welcomed with a spray of water from Jaejoong's mouth in his face.

Yoochun is frozen in place with arms outstretched and face dripping. Changwook who was caught in the spray is wiping his face slowly out of annoyance.

"This is soooo going on my insta!" Changmin cackles pocketing his phone with the video recording that began as soon as Jaejoong filled her cheeks with water. She's cackling with immense pleasure high-fiving Changmin.

"You!" Yoochun dramatically points at Changmin, "You're the fiend corrupting the innocence out of Jaejoong!"

"Fiend? It's not medieval times, Forehead! Get creative!" Changmin snaps back.

Yoochun was about to retaliate for that nickname when they are interrupted by a very loud yawn. Minyoung shuffles into the crowded kitchen and looks around groggily. She finds a splattering of water on the floor and notices Yoochun's wet face and t-shirt. "Can't you even drink properly forehead! Clean that up!" Minyoung orders Yoochun and heads to the bathroom leaving Yoochun with his jaw unhinged and others snickering to themselves.

Heechul drags herself to the kitchen next while stretching her sore muscles. When she catches sight of Yoochun, she snorts. "Who let Forehead go first in the wet t-shirt contest?"

"Well he'd get conscious once our shirts our off so..." Yihan lets that hang in the air.

Yoochun is very close to a tantrum and just giving it to them for bullying him when someone taps his arm and pushes him aside.

"DaFuq! Kim Jaejoong!" Changmin screams and hides behind the open fridge door. Changmin's big move has gotten their attention that they don't notice Jaejoong has the sink's spray faucet aimed at them before it's too late.

"Jaejoo-Gah!" Yihan ducks under the table to protect himself when Jaejoong got him in one eye. But Jaejoong even sprays him under the table, cackling evilly. Changwook and Heechul don't know what to do and crouch on the floor as their backs are soaked by the spray. Changmin gets hit by the water for a second when he tries to peek out of his hiding place. Seunghyun belatedly ducks behind the table, using Yihan as his human shield.

"Yah Kim Jaejoong! Cut that out!" Yoochun orders with a silly fighting pose. That just earns him a continuous spray right up his nose. Yoochun fights back with flailing arms and by fluke of luck, his hand covers the faucet. "Ah-hah!" Yoochun lets out a victorious exclamation and yanks the spray out of Jaejoong's hands.

"Look how the tables have turned!" Yoochun is doing his best impression of a bad Western movie character as he aims the faucet at Jaejoong. Everyone slowly peeks out of their defensive positions as Jaejoong raises her hands with barely contained humour when Yoochun laughs a maniac on Christmas high. "Ho! Ho! Ho! Not so smug are we Kim Jaejoo-"

"What the is this!" Yoochun slips on the wet floor when Minyoung screams. He grabs the counter for support but the spray is still in his hands. Oh how incriminating!

"Damn you Park Yoochun! I'm going to make you pay if the landlord asks for damages!"

"But... but..." Yoochun is flustered, unable to explain it's not his fault between stuttering and gesticulating at Jaejoong. Suddenly someone is clicking his tongue. "Very bad Park Yoochun..." Changmin sighs mournfully.

"I know right... dousing a poor sick girl in water. I didn't expect this of you Park Yoochun..." Heechul joins in framing the too shocked to defend himself Yoochun.

"What a mean thing to do...." Seunghyun, to his credit, looks absolutely disappointed as he makes a big show of the inconvenience of a clinging wet shirt.

"Seriously Yoochun! Are you a kid?" Minyoung chides him.

"But it wasn't me! Ask your boyfriend!" Yoochun was counting on righteous ol' Changwook to say that it was Voldemin's pretty little Jaeminion's doing. But Changwook looks like terrified little Erik from Happy Feet. "How could I know? I was on the floor the whole time. It was so scary~" He even throws in a sniffle for good measure. Yihan consoles him like he's a baby.

If Yoochun even tries to call Changwook a liar he's going to look absolutely evil. Actually there's no way he's salvaging himself from this. Defeated, he picks up the mop from its spot near the sink.

"I'll clean..."

 "And you're treating us all to dinner." Minyoung leaves no chance for Yoochun to protest. The others leave the kitchen grumbling only to commend each other's acting skills out of Yoochun's sight.

~~~

"Study?"

"Eomma."

"Table."

"Not mine."

"Chairs."

"Eomma."

"Humidifier."

"To office."

"Ugly frog lamp."

"Trash."

Minyoung retaliates by hitting Changwook, not noticing Changmin scribbles 'trash' on his list of things Minyoung will take or give away. "So apart from the things that came with the house, you're leaving the bed, TV, washing machine and dryer, shoe racks, dishwasher, and the three blenders."

"I have three blenders?" Minyoung pauses pulling Changwook's hair to squeak. "I've been using the y red one for years."

"Yeah the red stick blender... I wrapped it in newspapers coz I didn't find a box." Yihan gesticulates reaching for something big at a height, "on top of your closet... there were these two blenders in their original boxes."

"I think the silver one is that cake mixer thing." Seunghyun thinks aloud.

"Did you say silver?" Yoochun sits up after lazing on the floor for the past 20 minutes. "I think it's the mixer my parents gave you as a housewarming gift."

"Oh right!" Minyoung's face scrunches cutely when she remembers, "then the other box must be the blender my parents gave me. I never used either."

"You mean that stuff has been lying there for years? What a waste?" Heechul clicks her tongue in disappointment as Minyoung mutters it's none of her business.

"You know what you could do, you can give this stuff to Yoojin and Jaeha." Changmin's suggestion has Jaejoong peeking out from the comforter she's snuggled in. She makes a little gesture to Heechul who passes her phone to her.

No one comments on Jaejoong's quietness when she's usually recovering. Though only Yunho succeeds in making her talk at such times. Yunho hasn't arrived yet so Jaejoong has taken the couch for herself and gotten cosy with Heechul's lap as a pillow.

"She's texting Yoojin to ask," Heechul informs them after taking a peek at Jaejoong's phone.

"You know it's a great idea," Changwook tells Minyoung, pulling her on to his outstretched legs. "That way you get to crush a certain someone's hopes and dreams of being the first one to give Yoojin a housewarming gift."

"No way!" Minyoung gasps, "How do you know?"

"That idiot showed up at my office last week to ask if giving someone a television for their new house extreme. I actually thought he knows we're moving in and I blurted I already have a TV. He thought I was teasing him and left."

"Did he tell you he's getting a TV? He asked me last week if giving two single orthopaedic beds would still give the wrong message. I guess he changed his mind then." Yihan is thoroughly amused when Seunghyun says he was asked the same.

"Just so we're clear, we're talking about Jang Geunseuk crushing on Jaejoong's cousin right?" Yoochun raises his hand solemnly, "Coz I vote embarrassing him by rendering his grand gift ideas useless."

Changmin gasps when he remembers something, "That would explain why he got that orthopaedic pillow for Jaejoong even though she wouldn't be in that hospital forever. Abeonim found out that pillow is part of a whole set so Hyung told me to get it for his parents."

"Maybe you should call Geunseuk for that!" Seunghyun and Changmin exchange a look that confirms they're going to use that to tease Geunseuk mercilessly.

"Aw!" Heechul is holding Jaejoong's phone and reading through Yoojin's response. "Yoojin says they don't have a budget for all that. They plan to buy two beds, a laptop and stuff for the kitchen only."

"Tell her I'm giving it to her anyway. She doesn't have to pay for it. All this stuff would just rot in my parents' house anyway," Minyoung orders Heechul to text but Heechul only writes to Yoojin that Minyoung will call her.

"Speaking of the Kim Cousin Fund... Kim Jaejoong," Jaejoong rolls on to her stomach to face Seunghyun. "I have loads of offers for your grandfather's pipe. But I'll let you pick between the two who are offering over ten million won. One is a collector of old handcrafted effects and one wants to gift it to his uncle." Jaejoong wriggles one hand out to show a finger indicating option one. "Huh... I always thought you'd pick the second guy..."

Jaejoong rolls back on her, uncaring of Heechul's squeak because of the ticklish feeling. "I don't know the uncle... but collectors take care of their stuff right?" Seunghyun can see where she's coming from. So he makes a note on his phone to call the collector tomorrow.

"So, with your permission I'll move all the things you're not keeping to a storage unit," Changmin passes the list to Minyoung so she can decide the things she'll give to Jaejoong's cousins.

"Don't bother. There's plenty of space in my garage," Changwook states when he glances at the list and decides the stuff can fit.

"Speaking of Geunseuk, where is he? He's supposed to have picked up Yunho and be here by now..." Yihan checks his phone but Geunseuk hasn't texted anything after the one he sent when he was on his way to pick up Yunho.

"Yunho texted ten minutes ago that they're stuck in traffic at the intersection," Heechul reads out from Jaejoong's phone.

"They're five minutes away then..." Minyoung whips her head to glare at Yoochun. "You still haven't called for dinner!"

"Give me a break!" Yoochun whines as he looks for a place on his phone that will deliver something to satisfy his hankering for pork. Except he finds a recent text notifying him of an exorbitant transaction on his card at Thai Palace! "The ! Someone stole my card!" Yoochun's shriek alarms them.

Even Jaejoong sits up and looks in concern. Seunghyun, who is sitting beside Yoochun, takes his phone as Yoochun is floundering in his pockets for his wallet. "Whoa! Did someone use your card on a team dinner at the Thai Palace? That’s a lot!"

"Thai Palace?" Jaejoong looks at Changmin who is the only one unbothered in this frenzy. He knows she's watching him because his eyes have that glint in them as he hides his amusement behind a beer can. Jaejoong knows what he did because she and Heechul were with him helping him decide what to order from the Thai Palace.

"The hell! Both my cards are here!" Yoochun checks them to confirm they're his original cards.

"What? This was paid less than 30 minutes ago!" Seunghyun double checks the time stamp on that message.

"He's been here...the... whole... time..." Minyoung only notices Changmin trembling in repressed laughter now.

"Seriously Shim! I was right there! You had me fooled too!" Heechul laughs as Jaejoong brings her hands to cover before she laughs at Yoochun's third time getting tricked by Changmin in two hours.

"Yah! Did you steal my card?!" Yoochun is not as drunk as some of the others, but he's unsteadily hovering above Changmin mostly heaving from the fright he felt.

Changmin is comfy on the floor with Minyoung's bunny body pillow cushioning his back against the wall, not even flinching at Yoochun's accusation. But he looks as affronted as a Victorian drama's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter