Haunted by Past-4

Chocolate & Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Geunseuk carefully places Jaeha on the bed and takes off his shoes and socks. "Poor kid... he cried himself to sleep..."

Yunho sighs, tucking Jaejoong into bed beside Jaeha. "His first vacation has not gone well at all..."

Geunseuk wipes the remains of tears from Jaeha's cheeks. The kid pretty much thinks he almost killed everyone when he recklessly tried to drive the boat when the captain was talking to his colleague. The captain did his best to reassure Jaeha it was alright. But the others are now regretting neglecting Jaeha in the immediate aftermath.

Yoojin was caught up with helping Jaejoong, Minyoung was with the sick Changwook and Seungwon was fraught with worry while Jiseok was throwing up. The others were occupied with Changmin's bruised shoulder, Yunho's cut lip, and Seunghyun's sprained leg. And so he ran off to some corner to cry till the captain brought him back to Yoojin.

Yoojin stepped out of the bathroom while folding Jaejoong's clothes. "Oppa, is there washing machine detergent?" Geunseuk cringes painfully, "I don't think there is."

"No problem. I'll just run to the store and get some. Changwook Oppa and Jiseok Oppa will need to wash their clothes too."

"Hang on Yoojin," Yunho runs over to her, grabs Jaejoong's clothes and flings it inside the bathroom. "You're not going anywhere at 11 in the night. Besides, I don't think anyone is up for laundry tonight."

"Tell you what, tomorrow Yunho and I will get the detergent when we do a coffee run. You should just go to bed now." Geunseuk pushes Yoojin out of the room and in the direction of the room she is sharing with Heechul. "Yunho, fold out the couch. I'll get us pillows." Geunseuk hollers before disappearing in the room.

Yunho checks on Jaejoong and Jaeha once more before turning of the lights and closing the door behind him. He checks in on Changwook and Minyoung's room, seeing Changwook curled up on the bed. Deciding that's a case for Minyoung he heads downstairs to the other rooms. He peeks into Jiseok's room first, finding the younger man sleeping over the sheets.

He reached for the light switch, intending to turn them off when he was interrupted by a whisper. "Jung Sajangnim," Yunho doesn't know how long Seungwon has been standing behind the door but he doesn't comment, "Where are the extra futons?"

"Joongi Hyung took the last one. Take the bed. It's queen size." Yunho pulls the door close behind him before Seungwon would say something like he'd sleep on the floor.

He goes to Changmin's room next which he's sharing with Seunghyun tonight. Before he could turn the door knob though the door opens from the other side and Minyoung steps out. "Hey... I was just giving them some ice packs."

"Are they both up?"

 "Arguing over whether Changmin should play Stranger Things or Goblin on the iPad for white noise." Yunho rolls his eyes at Changmin's annoying habit. "Did you check on Chang? Is he up?"

"He's neither awake nor unconscious. I think he needs you." Minyoung's cheeks are soft pink but she enjoys this kind of teasing. Making sure the door is closed and there's no listening in, Minyoung looks at Yunho with barely concealed excitement. "You want to know a secret?" She tiptoes and whispers into Yunho's ear.

Yunho goes from curious to attentive to surprised by the time Minyoung shares the news. "Wow! Need help packing?"

"Shhh! Not a word about this. Jae already knows. But I don't want Chun and my parents finding out till I tell them."

"Chang must be really into you to ask you to move in so soon."

"Says the guy who got his girlfriend to move on the second day of dating."

"That's exactly why I said that." They hear the opening theme song of Goblin from inside the room and shake their heads. "I don't need to check on those runts." Yunho nudges Minyoung to walk out of the hallway. "Any ideas to make Jaeha feel better?"

"I was thinking aquarium or amusement park. But we don't let him out of sight this time."

"We'll have to think about Seunghyun's foot though." Yunho walks towards the kitchen, "I'm going to eat something. You need to check on your new housemate." Minyoung hushes him harshly before running up the stairs.

She passes Geunseuk, Heechul and Yoojin carrying blankets, pillows and a futon to the living room before going into her room. Changwook is where she left him, curled up against the headboard. His eyes are closed but she's sure he's not asleep. More like unconscious.

Quietly she takes off her accessories and leaves them on the dresser. She takes off her oversized tee, almost fainting at the stink it has caught after the long day. Seconds ago she was considering stripping out of her jeans and going to bed in the camisole she's wearing. But she couldn't possibly stand the stench that's stuck on her clothes.

Before she could decide what to do about her clothes, she hears a sound from Changwook and hops on to the bed. "Hey... do you need anything?" Her soothing voice and small hands his face are more comforting than anything he can ask for right now. Although when he speaks, he gets an awful aftertaste of bile. "Yucky...taste..."

"I should’ve borrowed the mouthwash when Seungwon-ssi offered it. Can you stay awake till I get it?" Changwook lets out a hum which she doesn't know how to interpret. She shakes his face a little to wake him. "Hey, stay conscious for a little bit. Think happy thoughts. Like you're getting a pretty roommate once you're back home." That goofy smile that erupts on the half-conscious cute idiot's face makes Minyoung both want to kiss those lips and smack them. She decides to wait for either till she can get him some mouthwash.

Confident she can leave him alone for a few minutes, Minyoung runs back downstairs. She finds Seungwon helping Yunho and Geunseuk set up the living room for the three people who will sleep there. "Seungwon-ssi, can I borrow the mouthwash?"

"Sure, but Jaejoong-ssi had borrowed it earlier..."

"I left it on the counter of Jiseok's bathroom earlier." Yunho informs and Minyoung jogs to Jiseok's room.

She can hear the dialogues of Goblin down the hallway when she opens the door carefully so she doesn't disturb Jiseok. When she peaks inside, she finds herself staring into the equally startled eyes of Joongi. For a minute they're frozen in place till Jiseok makes a sound in his sleep that breaks the tension between them.

It takes some effort for Joongi to overcome the awkwardness to mouth a "what is it?" To her. Minyoung points at Jiseok and whispers "his mouthwash..." Joongi gestures to her to wait and goes to the bathroom leaving Minyoung to awkwardly fidget by the door.

Checking the room, it seems that Seungwon really couldn't bring himself to sleep in the same room as his boss. She's sort of relieved because she won't run into Joongi in the common areas if he's sleeping in this room.

Just when she's thinking that Joongi returns with a still sealed travel size bottle of mouthwash. "I couldn't find his. You can take this." Minyoung nods, timidly holding that bottle from the top to avoid touching his fingers. But when she tries to pluck it from his hand his death like grip on it doesn't release.

Her eyes flit back to his face and she sighs. That steely determined face could only mean one thing. She plucks the mouthwash from his hand, "garden... I'll come after I give this to him..." Minyoung doesn't wait for his response before she runs off.

She coaxes Changwook to the bathroom, supervises him as he rinses his mouth and changes into his shorts. He refuses to wear a shirt and crawls under the comforter, complaining about how warm it is. Minyoung lie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter