Our Present- 5

Chocolate & Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They drive in Yoochun's and Jihoon's vehicles to the police station some of them are all too regulars at. "I'm warning you Shim. Don't antagonize the officers again." Yoochun though only gets a non-committal shrug from Changmin.

As they expected, Changmin gets a rousing response from the cops as soon as he enters the building. Not a good response though. Lots of groans and curses.

"Oh come on! It's been like two years since I've been here!" Whines Changmin just as he sees an officer erase a whiteboard that has 'Days Since Lord Voldemin' written on the top.

"Changmin, the last time you were here, you clogged their toilet with a whole watermelon - which I'm still not sure how you got - because the detective delayed your bail by an hour!" Yunho's reminder receives some sounds of agreement from the cops.

"Or maybe coz I drew your bail paperwork 48 times. And that's only on this precinct!" Yoochun shoves him ahead to get his connections working. Not very normally formed connections but they're not being picky.

"Yo Lieutenant! Long time!" Changmin hollers at the scowling officer at the desk.

"Yes, we got 681 days of peace."

"You and me both, sir." Yunho says before shaking the officer's hand and introducing his father. Unlike Changmin, he has a better reputation around here as he has paid almost half a million for Changmin's bails and fines.

"So, I believe our Jaejoong was arrested." Jihoon speaks up.

"Yes, Miss Kim Jaejoong gave us both Vol- Mr. Shim's and Mr. Jung's contacts. The gentleman with her didn't give any contacts but he said he knows you two. The other lady contacted her husband I believe." Everyone exchanges confused looks.

"There's a third person?" Minyoung asks, suddenly regretting her careless choice of clothes when the detective frowns at her bruises. He's going to ask. Just after they've sorted the matter at hand.

"A Mis- I'm sorry, Mrs. Chae Hayoung. She was actually the main subject." Everyone freezes at that name just in time for another entourage to arrive.

"Where is she? Where is my daughter?" The only woman in the group shrieks before she's directed to where they are. Except the hysterical woman, the others freeze in surprise. God forbid that would deter Chae mom. "Where is my daughter? How dare you put her in prison! Do you know who she is!"

Despite the situation they all roll their eyes. Well, except the Lees. Sangchul, Joongi and Minho are still preoccupied by the other group's presence.

"Ma'am, your daughter isn't in prison. It's a holding cell till she posts bail. And I'll have you know that she threatened to hit someone with a chair." The officer pulls out the standard papers for the lawyers as Jihoon leans towards Yunho. "Get Jin Yihan to keep this out of the press. The Dessert Room could suffer." Yunho obediently texts Yihan at a rapid speed that would make Jaejoong proud. He's somewhat counting on the Lee influence to subdue the matter too.

"Says here all three of them were arrested for assault..." It's unclear who Yoochun is talking too without looking up from the papers.

"Yes, but after we're through with formalities, the charges will most likely be dropped." The officer fiddles with his phone and passes it to the attorneys. He's internally confused who to defer to - his regulars, the dignified Lees, or the hysterical mother. The lawyers are the safest bet. "We got a few witness statements and the security camera footage as you can see. A group of drunks got handsy with Mrs. Chae at the restaurant. Miss Kim intervened-"

"Did she kick them? Throw a shoe? I feel like she’d do the shoe thing. She has spare shoes in her bag." Changmin very rudely interrupts making the Lieutenant growl.

He's ignored when Yoochun and Minyoung hiss with secondhand pain. "Heechul's got to get the bombe alaska off the menu," Minyoung mutters.

Behind the group, Lee Sangchul gestures at his neck and Joongi subtly nods at him confirming he sees Minyoung's bruises too. Minho pointedly ignores them, setting for an unreadable blank expression. He’s already got a bit of grief from his father who interrogated him for the bruise on his cheek. Minho refused to tell how he got it.

"Can you please elaborate?" Jihoon asks impatiently because he can't see the phone.

"The security feed corroborated the witness statements that Ji Changwook-ssi pushed the men off Mrs. Chae. One of them caught Kim Jaejoong's hand when she stepped in between them. And she pushed this guy off and he was drunk. Fell right into a flambe dessert. On his..." the officer makes funny eyes that have the men wincing.

"Lieutenant this doesn't account for assault. The three of them acted in self-defense," Minyoung grits out while passing the phone to Jihoon and Yunho. "Yeah, and we know Kim Jaejoong well. She can inflict serious damage if she wants to." Yoochun's unnecessary comment earns a jab in his ribs from Yunho.

"Yes, we confirmed that five minutes before you arrived. When officers responded to the scene, Ji Changwook was physically stopping Kim Jaejoong from scratching the bald guy's head and Chae Hayoung was demanding her earrings be returned by swinging a chair. And the drunks sobered up long enough to play victim." He puts a few boxes on the desk with the arrestees' personal effects. Hayoung's earrings were in a ziploc. "One of the earrings fell in the tussle. The restaurant staff was able to retrieve it. And,” He puts a pair of ugly slipons on the box that has Jaejoong’s bag, “Miss Kim has unique tastes. Also Mr. Ji paid for all the damages to the restaurant right away. So we don't need bail. Just sort out the paperwork and they can be released in an hour. I'll call your office when we know more about those other guys and you can decide if you want to press charges."

"Oh now you are prompt," scoffs Changmin.

"Behave," Jihoon levels Changmin with a stern look. "I'll sign as guarantor. You guys should check on Jaejoong. Knowing her, jailtime is her nightmare come true." The ones who know flashback to Jaejoong's poorly strung cries of 'I don't want to go to jail' and wince with Jihoon.

Yunho and Changmin don't need an usher to the holding cells given that Changmin has 'friends' in this place. Minho and Joongi unintentionally fidgeted to follow them but a glare from their father has them stand in their spots. They're too much of a distraction, especially with Chae Jeongyeon huffing and puffing in unhelpful irritation.

"... I accidentally filled in Changmin's details..." Yoochun groans to Minyoung. "Is it bad that I did the same?" Minyoung marvels at the force of habit in this case when she sees she misspelled his name into Kim Changmin exactly the way she did the last time.

"You can keep it for the next two times. I'm sure there will be more. Hopefully I would be retired from them?" They look at the officer who seems a minimum ten years from retirement but they don't want to dishearten him when he's kind enough to offer new forms.

"Let's do things a little differently to avoid the same mistake. Avoid the usual details we fill for Changmin." Minyoung takes note of Yoochun's suggestion and rules out Changmin's usual guarantor aka Yunho.

 "So Jihoon Opp- Ajhussi..." Minyoung says with a slightly flushed face at Yoochun's knowing look. "Can be Jaejoong's. And I'll be for Changwook."

"Now you want to be guarantor. What happened when Yunho was not in the country the last time?" Minyoung hisses at Yoochun for still bringing that up. You refuse a guy begging on his knees for 45 minutes and they don't let you live it down. "I'm not going to be a guarantor when I know Shim Changmin is going to release rats in some random person's house again."

"Come on! It's been more than two years and he's been..." Yoochun glances at the many cops listening to them, "not caught."

"And why is that? Because he's being kept in line by Jaejoong."

"Wait, that Kim Jaejoong?" The Lieutenant points in the direction of the cells. "She's the reason we've had two years of peace? What are they a couple? If I had known I would’ve treated her nicely."

"No. Nope. No. No. No." Yoochun takes a deep inhale, "Nope."

"You made your point," the officer deadpans.

"Shim Changmin and Kim Jaejoong aren't dating," Jihoon declares smugly. "She's dating my son."

"Jung Yunho?" The officer confirms for Minho who couldn't control his expression. He glares sideways at Joongi who suddenly finds the board of wanted posters interesting.

"Is there a Kim Jaejoong here?" They hear an all-too-familiar voice somewhere. They find Jin Yihan asking one policeman by the entrance. Yoochun flags him over, telling him to ignore the Lees with a look when Yihan frowns at their presence.

"Yunho texted me. He said you might need an extra guarantor."

"That was fast," Minyoung states the obvious while asking him to sign on the form. Yihan freezes momentarily seeing her bruises, signing distractedly. "Happy coincidence. One of the magazine photoshoots were a block from here. Who did that to you?" Despite asking that Yihan's eyes fixate on Minho.

"Attorney Park, I've been meaning to ask you in private later but..." the officer beckons one of the female detectives closer when Minyoung glances at Yoochun in panic.

"It was him," Yoochun unabashedly points at Minho as soon as the other detective joins them. "He hurt her. Twice. In the last 48 hours."

Minho, to his credit, shows some remorse when he looks down. Those who are aware are disgusted, Sangchul is confused, and Joongi and Jeongyeon are shocked.

"Sir, is this true? Did you harm the attorney as he said?" The female detective questions with a hard tone but it's his father who's scarier with expression he’s making. "...Yes..." Minho admits, flinching at the low curse he hears from his father. His brother isn't being very low-key though.

"You er!" Joongi growls, "I can't believe I thought you changed. What were you trying to kill her?"

"I was-"

 "What does this have to do with anything!" Jeongyeon shrieks, pushing Yoochun and Yihan aside to approach the desk. "Who cares about this..." She gives Minyoung a onceover and decides she's not even worth a word. "You've got my daughter locked up and wasting time! Do you know who she is? She can have your job! Release her now if you want to keep your job!"

Minho gives his father a look as if telling him this is the true nature of Chae Jeongyeon that he refuses to believe. She singlehandedly managed to take away the attention from Minho with her outburst. But not too much.

"Sir, can we ask you a few questions or would you like to call your lawyer first?" The detective gestured at her desk and Minho almost agreed. He's accepted that he deserves it for acting in a way he's never thought he would. Until...

"Don't waste your time detective." Minyoung places the first lot of completed forms on the desk. "I'm not pressing charges. Mostly because I'm not going to see this man again. But also because I know who he and his family are."

"Of course." Yihan explains for the benefit of the detectives. "I called my industry friends to keep this matter out of the media. Turns out I was the second person to make the same request today." Yihan smirks at the Lees ashamed faces. He's surprised himself that the people who talk big on ethi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter