Confessions

Chocolate & Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What did you losers move your offices here or what?" Yunho growls at the five men in bespoke suits occupying the entirety of the coffee bar with their laptops and tablets. Changmin also has Yunho's appointment chart right there. "Why didn't you show up at work today?"

"I did. I just moved my office here." Changmin even shows him his new phone, "I've even had your calls diverted to this phone."

Yunho has no words. When he had been worried about Changmin's no-show at work today, he wasn't expecting Jaejoong to call him and inform him of Changmin's whereabouts - in the Dessert Room, with the Millionaire Idiots. When did the brat get so close to them anyway?

 "Come on man! We're giving your place business." Seunghyun quips after finishing his phone call with a collector.

"Yeah, Wookie is your biggest patron." Geunseuk gestures at Changwook who is out of sorts. He's quite jumpy because Changmin and Yihan are poking him with pens. Yunho peers over their heads to find a stack of four espresso cups behind his laptop. "Dude, this is too much even for you." Yunho tries to get the two naughty brats to stop troubling Changwook when the caffeine addict flinches violently.

He looks at Yunho and speaks a tad too loudly. "Oh! You're here... I didn't realize coz there's this buzzing in my ears."

While everyone is wincing at a jumpy Changwook, Heechul and Jaejoong arrive with trays of cakes. Heechul gives a pointed glance at Changwook's coffee cups and then hollers for the young barista. "Yu, I told you to cut this guy off after two cups. Treat this like an actual bar." The kid who tends to behave like a trainee soldier under a strict drill sergeant Heechul nods vigorously and gets the coffee away from Changwook.

The others help themselves to the desserts they asked for, Jaejoong protecting the strawberry shortcake for Yunho. "They have their own offices. You two should be sending them back there." Yunho chides even as he has half a mind to make this place his office for a day.

"Who are we to send away very wealthy patrons!" Heechul points at someone over Yunho's shoulder, "Speaking of whom..."

Kwon Jiseok struts over to the group huffily and tugs on Seunghyun. "Yah! You promised it's my turn to sit here after you're done with your call." Seunghyun though merely brushes away the younger without much effort. "Take Changwook's place. He looks like he needs to be taken far away from coffee for a while."

But Jiseok is not satisfied. He looks for Jaejoong intending to complain about the injustice when he finds a better authority figure. "Jung, these guys won't let me sit there!"

"For the record we're more likely to listen to Joongie." Geunseuk states matter-of-factly with a mouthful of cake.

"We're not in a Mean Girls remake..." Yihan rolls his eyes, stealing Changwook's tiramisu. Not like he should have any more coffee.

But Jiseok being the brat they didn't know he is turns to Yunho with a tearful whiny baby look. "He looks so much like you..." Yunho remarks at Jaejoong before he asks the youngest businessman there what he's been meaning to ask for a while. "Why didn't you come to the opening? I'm pretty sure Changmin sent you the invite."

"Work emergency. But I heard that espresso freak finally asked your lawyer out." Jiseok points at Changwook who's coming down his caffeine high.

"He did... and his mood has completely changed lately." Jaejoong giggles.

"That's what happens when you get laid." Yunho glances at the storefront where one person is approaching with a delightful skip in her step. "Speaking of which..." at Yunho's cue, Minyoung walks through the doors of the Dessert Room.

After asking a waitress, she's directed to the coffee bar. She waves at Yunho and Jaejoong not noticing the man whose back is to her, walking straight to Changwook. "Hey there! Looks like someone has gone overboard with the coffee." Like a child coming down a sugar high, Changwook is slumped on the table. But he smiles goofily at that greeting peck on his cheek.

"Ugh! Take your mushiness away. Lonely singles are trying to work here." Yihan makes shooing motions at them, earning a smack on his head from the attorney.

"Seriously though. He's out of it. Take him home so Jiseok can stop whining." Seunghyun very poignantly ignores Yunho grumbling at them to return to their offices.

"Oh! Who's this Jiseok I've only heard bad things about?" They collectively point behind them where Jiseok is observing her with a very unusual expression. Minyoung finds him familiar for some reason but can't place him. He recognizes her right away though.

"Rachel noona?" All eyes are on Minyoung, save for Yunho and Changwook who know her English name is Rachel. Minyoung waves them off in a sign she'll explain later.

"Umm... have we met before?" She asks Jiseok. The young tycoon frowns a little before he gasps in realisation, "Ah! You wouldn't recognize me now. We met when I was this overweight teen." Minyoung still couldn't remember till Jiseok adds, "I used to hang out at my cousin's office. Lee Joongi? You used to work with him."

Minyoung goes pale and Yunho stiffens. The others haven't noticed yet but doesn't mean they won't.

Yunho is the first to act. "Changwook just got coffee again!" The attention is instantly on Changwook whose hands are outstretched towards the cup of espresso in Yu's hands.

"Yah! Cut it with the coffee!" Yunho and Minyoung dramatically pull Changwook away as Yihan very kindly gathers his things to let Minyoung hurriedly haul him out the door with them.

When they're gone Jiseok is cheering about getting a spot at the coffee bar, the earlier encounter forgotten. The others resume their work with more sweets and coffee refills as Yunho breaths a sigh of relief.

Looks like no one noticed. Or so he thought.

"Did you just cover up something?" Yunho's head whips at Jaejoong and he breaks out in cold sweat.

~~~

They have dinner at a restaurant they've both been wanting to try out. They had spoken about it once and finally checked it out.

It was awful. The fusion food didn't suit Minyoung's palate and a big eater like Changwook wasn't satisfied with the small portion sizes.

Yet they enjoyed each other’s company, playfully complaining how much they hated it. Minyoung particularly enjoyed when ladies from a bachelorette party in the restaurant were taking turns to flirt with Changwook much to his misery. By the eighth woman who fawned over his handsome self and got a little more handsy than he can handle, she called for the check and rescued him from that place.

A hungry Changwook got a large sized takeaway of fried chicken from the first chicken place they spotted and they're now back at his place. They've eaten their fill and are halfway into a six-pack of soju after which Minyoung is changing into clothes she borrowed from Changwook - a large hoodie and shorts that almost reach her ankles. It's like he's wrapped around her.

She brings the overflowing sleeves on her hands to her nose and takes a deep sniff. There's a faint trace of his woody scent and the smell of detergent. Well he did say he didn't wear these as much.

She looks around the room as has become her ritual every time she's here and discover something new about his personality. Minyoung is always in awe of how this room with its minimalist furniture and trinkets of memorabilia is so Changwook. It's very different from the rest if the house that's professionally decorated with little personalization.

He once told her that he needs as much open space as possible or he can't sleep in a cluttered space. But she's also noticed he likes to surround himself with familiar things that remind him of the people who are close to him. There are a couple of pictures

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter