Vacation-1

Chocolate & Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Atty. Park... Hellooo~ Yah Park Minyoung!"

She is startled awake and looks around in puzzlement. All she finds is Yunho frowning at her intensely.

"Wh-what?" She looks down at the mess of papers and realized they're working. "Oh... right... the acquisition of the Jejudo resort... we're yet to hear from their lawyer..."

"Park Minyoung, we stopped discussing 15 minutes ago...you fell asleep with your eyes open." Minyoung stares back at him wide-eyed but he waves it off. "Let's go eat lunch." He gestures towards his lounge where Minyoung sees Jaejoong setting up boxes of different dishes.

Her stomach growls as the smell of something delicious wafts through the room. On auto she's shuffling to the table, discovering Jaejoong has made a lot of spicy pork which happens to be her favourite.

"I've been asking you to make these for days but you only made them because Minyoung would be here." Yunho comes over and wraps himself around Jaejoong, inhibiting her from taking out boxes of side dishes from her giant bag. She nudges him away in vain, Yunho responding by cuddling her tighter. "It's only because Heechul bought the pork and helped me make it. Now get your plate. Minyoung Unnie, help yourself."

Yunho passes a plate to Minyoung, who pulls the footstool closer to the table to sit, and takes a small bowl for himself. Changmin barges in that moment with two bottles of Perrier. "Bad news! We are out of sparkling water. So use these sparingly." Changmin puts the bottles and four paper cups on the table when he chances a glance at Minyoung. "You look like !"

The attorney glowers at him, not in the mood for this brat right now. But Changmin has to pile on the concern disguised as an insult. "You look like me when I quit smoking and filled the empty hole in me with cupcakes but the cupcakes got over and it kept me up all night." The three have blank expressions at his oddly specific description.

"You did look like that time." Yunho remarks.

"Minyoung Unnie... have you been getting any sleep lately?" Jaejoong shows concern the right way, serving her more food much to Changmin and Yunho's whining.

"I don't even know what sleep is anymore. This week has been hectic... I've had to take work home... yesterday I was up till 3."

"No wonder you just dozed off mid-talking earlier." Yunho gestured at his desk where they were discussing earlier. Minyoung is appalled, going beet-red.

"Did I? Ommo! I'm so embarrassed. I'm sorry!"

 "It's okay. I can tell you're burned out."

"Unnie, when was the last time you took a break?" Jaejoong shoots Yunho and Changmin a pointed look when she asks Minyoung. Obviously Minyoung’s employers are partly to blame for her lack of rest.

"A proper break... not in months...lately I count going on a date- going out as a break."

"That would explain that idiot's behaviour." Yunho mutters against Jaejoong's hair.

"Pardon?"

"You see atty. Park..." Changmin swallows his mouthful of rice, "Your Boyfriend..." he emphasizes the boyfriend making Minyoung glow red now, "called everyone yesterday... drunk and ranting..."

"Apparently you blew him off." Yunho says cautiously when Minyoung looks painfully guilty.

She knows she turned down his offer for dinner twice this week because she had to work. Yesterday she put her phone on silent while working only to discover several calls and texts from Changwook that went unanswered. Her own mother only texted her once. She could only text him with a promise to make it up to him and head to Yunho's office to work on this acquisition that's being delayed by the other party for unspecified reasons. Maybe she needs to give him a call ASAP.

"You need to take some time off work Unnie." Jaejoong advises, nudging Yunho to do something. "Huh... oh yeah... I'm giving you a few days off. And you need to take a break from your other work too."

"I guess it's about time I call the Hans on behalf of President Jung to find out why they are delaying the sale." Changmin points at the papers still on Yunho's desk, "Fill me in on the details before you leave okay?"

"Maybe you should spend your vacation with your boyfriend~" Jaejoong teases making the other two snicker. But Minyoung had a more important question. "Did he sound... upset? Angry?"

"Can't say. A drunk Changwook is actually very cute." Yunho muses, "Though he did sound heartbroken."

"Tell you what, if there's any leftovers you can take it for him as a peace offering." Jaejoong's suggestion was Changmin's cue to start wailing in protest.

 ~~~

The cheerful housekeeper, Mrs. Hwang opens the door for her today, which is rare since she's usually done for the day by the time Minyoung visits Changwook at his house. "Good afternoon Minyoung-ssi! Changwook-ssi is on the terrace."

"Good afternoon Ajhumma... can you keep this for later? Jaejoong sent him some spicy pork." Mrs. Hwang takes the borrowed Tupperware from her and heads to the kitchen, leaving Minyoung to head up the stairs, past the second floor to the terrace garden above the house.

She's only been there once before when Changwook gave her a tour of the house. Minyoung even asked him if he liked such places. Changwook merely said it came with the house and he found it a convenient spot for a break. She'll find out his definition of a break when she heads out to the terrace.

Her heels tapping on the floor alert him from his spot on the white chaise and he peeks from the side of the backrest, giving her a glimpse of the lit cigarette hanging off his lips. He waits for her to cover the distance from the door to the small shed when his expression changes.

"Wait!" He yells, holding his cigarette between his fingers away from her. Minyoung was startled by the sudden command. Is he so angry with her that he doesn't want to come closer? She's frozen awkwardly midstep but it gets more awkward when he stands and waves his free hand in the air around him. Before she can ask he vocalizes in slight panic, "You don't have asthma or anything do you?"

Minyoung is initially too confused before she shakes her head. He looks visibly relieved as he sits back down and tucks the cigarette back between his lips without an explanation.

"What was that?" Changwook glances at her and when she looks genuinely confused, he chuckles, "Have you asked Yunho why he quit smoking?"

She did, and she found that story horrifying. Is that what it was? "What? You scared you'll send me to the hospital too?" Minyoung walks around him to sit on the other chaise next to him, unaffected by the smoke.

"I have secondhand trauma just hearing about it."

"You don't have to worry about that happening to me. Though I won't mind if  you brushed your teeth before you bring your mouth anywhere near mine."

"Why do you think I haven't jumped you yet..." she gives him a dirty look at that joke. Like Ji Changwook would jump anyone!

She lies down on the chaise, facing him and studying him for signs if he's upset. "Sorry about yesterday. Didn't mean to blow you off. I just had a lot of work."

He stares blankly at the sky, only moving to hold his cigarette away and release the smoke. It's the first time she's seeing him smoke though she knows he does. She's pretty sure he went out of his way to hide his habit from her in vain. Maybe knowing she won't have a half deadly reaction made him let go of his inhibition.

"It's okay. I get it." When he spoke, she realized she was staring too long. Before she starts waxing lyrical on how good he looks basking in the sun she turns on her back and stares up at the sky too. "If you're okay then why'd you rant about me to the others?"

"So you found out..."

"What are you doing at home in the middle of the day anyway? No work?"

Before he answers he puts off the cigarette in the ashtray on the floor. "Finished it in the morning. I have to head to Tokyo tonight... for a week."

Minyoung's stunned. So that's why he was being insistent on meeting up. "Well this is bad timing?"

"How so?"

"Because Yunho and Yoochun gave me a week off coz I'm burned out and now I'm going to spend it alone."

"Burned out?"

"Yeah...I literally nodded off with my eyes open today…but I don't want to spend a week alone. maybe I'll just go to work and take a holiday later."

"No!" Changwook declares a tad too loudly, "nonono! You can't overdo it. You might just end up putting off your vacation like Yunho does."

He made a big show of having an eureka moment though she could tell he has been mulling over what he's about to say for a while. "How about you come to Tokyo with me?" Minyoung's face wrinkles at the suggestion, not very tempted by the offer. "Thanks but... I don't want to intrude on your work."

"It's not exactly work. I'm going to spend a week socialising and having company will not make it any less insufferable but I will take comfort in knowing someone else is going through the same social torture as I am."

Minyoung chuckles sorely tempted to let him go through the social torture for kicks. "What exactly is this social torture you talk about?"

"Meeting dignitaries. I support a few medical missions so I get invited to events related to it."

 "All week?"

"Actually just a luncheon the first day and then a press event. The rest of the time I'm meeting people who will set up the equipment for the medical facility."

"See! You're working."

"Just come already!"

"That's what he said."

He lets out a frustrated sound at her outdated antics. In a flash he's sitting on her chaise, beside her legs. With his arms on either side of her waist and face hovering above her dangerously close she's trapped under him.

This is a very unusual place to be intimate that it's slightly thrilling. And she missed him too. So this position makes her feverish with want that she almost says yes. But her breathing is getting erratic that words fail her.

Changwook dips his head lower, his smoky scent making her lose her senses. "Why don't you make this easy for the both of us and agree..." His voice is a purposeful baritone that makes her squirm.

One of Minyoung's hands aimlessly grasp at air and the other fiddles with the fabric of her blouse near her chest as if physically holding something is the same as holding on to her senses. "H-how? There are... logistics..."

 "It won't be a big deal to get you a ticket on the same flight."

"My stuff..."

"We have plenty of time to get your things. And you can just get whatever you want there."

"You're pushy..." Her breath hitches when his sneaky hand the side of her knee, pushing her skirt midway to her thighs so slightly.

She knows this move of his. He will her thigh till she lets down her guard and move her legs to kiss from the back of her knee down to her thighs till she's either putty under his hands or screaming in pleasure when he's reached that inevitable juncture between her thighs. She has to bite her lip at the reminder.

"I'd say I'm convincing." He sure is. He has convinced her very expertly.

That's how she ends up on the late-night flight to Tokyo with only a handbag of the bare necessities and the comfort of first class. Apparently, the only way Changwook could accommodate Minyoung on the same flight as him at the last minute was getting upgraded from business to first. Or he's obviously lying and had booked both of them first class seats, confident he would convince her to join even if she wasn't taking time off work.

He's even conveniently avoiding her questioning by sleeping in the seat beside hers wearing headphones and an eyemask. Minyoung pokes his cheek to check if he's really sleeping and he lets out a loud snore.

Nevermind this sneaky sleeping hunk. She forgoes sleeping to enjoy her first luxury flying experience including the fine food before her. A good start to her first vacation since she began working.

Minyoung carries the excitement even after the flight as she gushes about all the new experiences of a first-class flight. He doesn't boast like she expected. Instead, Changwook also shares his own first luxury flying experience when he reached that stature.

Sleep overcomes excitement when she's inside the car that picks them up from the airport and she has no memory after that. Minyoung wakes up to an unfamiliar room on an unfamiliar bed.

She has the hem tee and leggings she travelled in and her bag is on the armchair in front of the bed. The thick curtains don't offer much in the way of light so she finds her phone on the nightstand next to her to check the time. She jumps off the bed seeing that it's past 10 in the morning.

"You're finally up..." She yelps when Changwook strolls out of a room at the back of the room, dressed in one of his more formal suits. He picks up a remote from the other nightstand and presses something.

Minyoung's jaw drops when the automatic drapes slide aside to reveal massive windows on what is clearly a skyrise with a view of Tokyo's skyline. "What kind of fancy hotel is this?" She mumbles, taking cautious steps to the windows.

"It's not a hotel." Her head whips around in surprise, "It's my apartment in Tokyo. I come here often." He gestures at something behind him. "Your dresses for today are inside the closet. You have an hour to get ready. Fortunately, the hotel where the luncheon is at is only 10 minutes away."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter