Haunted by Past-7

Chocolate & Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minyoung was very focused on driving slow and steady, ignoring the honks and curses from other drivers on the road for going slow. But she’s got chocolate to protect dammit!

Actually it’s Jaejoong and Heechul who are doing the protecting a tray of chocolate mouse made to look like fruits with coloured glaze that is still melting wet. The delicate dessert was made to test out before they can make it for Changmin’s upcoming birthday. The idiot was very specific he didn’t want a cake but a fancy mousse-based dessert that looks like something that it is a la Heston Blumenthal. So

Jaejoong is wearing an apron while holding the tray in her lap and Heechul is making sure nothing rolls around. Fortunately Minyoung is already driving into the compound of Yunho and Jaejoong’s apartment complex. "Okay~ we're here. Where do I park?"

"Take it inside. There are a few empty spaces."

As Minyoung drove into a gated compound, Heechul relaxes a bit more. She slips into her habit of taking in the posh surroundings of the apartment building inside the walls, the basketball and tennis courts they passed by, and the magnificent building where every home looked like at least a duplex. But she’s been told that only the handful of penthouses in the top floors are duplexes, Yunho owning one of them. For all its luxury, Heechul does taunt Yunho about the lack of pool facilities in the building for Jaejoong to get back to swimming.

When the car entered the underground parking, the building disappeared from view and Minyoung finally could relax enough to speak. "How did parking spots clear up here?"

"That guy with the Lambo doesn’t park his car here anymore since he began using a chauffeur service. He’s seen Changmin park by the gate. So he offered us his empty spot for our guests," Jaejoong purposefully omits the part about that man, who is about Yunho’s age, giving her a spot while blatantly flirting with her by the elevator.

"Great. The front gate is quite a walk to the building." Heechul, who is always parking on the street outside, exclaims.

Minyoung pulled over into the parking spot Jaejoong directed her too. "I hope this will be enough for that glutton." Jaejoong remarked as she carefully slipped out of the car without jostling the tray.

"As if!" Snorted Heechul. She's hoping to get a picture of their masterpiece before anything happens. She keeps imagining Changmin finding out about these testers and magically appear to gobble them up.

"Can someone get my bags please?" Jaejoong called out to them waiting for her to grab that Ted Baker handbag and a large tote bag for miscellaneous things in the back seat.

While Heechul obliges, Minyoung noticed something in front of the car. “What’s that about?” she points at a black Land Rover in the front. The bag is open, leaving the boxes and suitcases in them unattended.

“That used to be where the Ajhussi on the first floor parked. He moved out and recently heard one of his own acquaintances is moving in. That could be him.”

"We can't keep standing here." Heechul declares, taking that dessert tray knowing Jaejoong’s hand are probably cramped from not moving them for so long.

When they reach the apartment, Jaejoong is too numb to fish for the keys from her bag. So she rings the doorbell.

"Hello people I didn't invite..." Yunho says while he steps aside to let them in. He's not changed out of his office suit, and holding his iPad which he was using to work.

Jaejoong, already annoyed he's not removed his shoes again, smacks his shoulder, "Yah! I told you we're meeting to plan Changmin's birthday."

"What's there to plan? He was born 27 years ago, unplanned." Yunho snickers at his own joke which only Heechul finds funny enough to chortle. But she can’t exchange high-fives yet because she’s running to the dining table to keep the tray.

"Yunho, that is tasteless!"

"What? He's the easiest person to throw a birthday party for. All you have to do is stack eight pizzas and put a candle on top of it. Maybe a few sparklers for some pizzazz!"

"Hey! We could call it Pizza Pizzazz!" Heechul returns, laughing and giving the overdue high fives to Yunho who commends her joke.

"Wow! You two share a lame sense of humour. Congratulations." Minyoung drawls, picking up Yunho's iPad to check what he's working on. "Buying another building boss?"

"It's an abandoned construction. Thought I'd redevelop it. Make it profitable."

"Like you did back in the day," Minyoung hands him the device back, "I'll look into it. You should get the report by tomorrow."

Yunho only nods dully when he catches Jaejoong heading to the kitchen with Heechul. Heechul probably told her about what’s on the table. "Jae, Lee Hoejangnim sent your boxes back. I've left them in the kitchen."

Jaejoong makes an incomprehensible gesture that she heard him before disappearing behind the divider that separated the dining area. Heechul though makes a u-turn and walks to them. "Lee Hoejangnim... is that..."

"Lee Joongi's father... the one I told you about..." Minyoung plops down on the armchair beside Yunho who is looking somewhat surprised. "Yeah, I told Heechul. She's the best person to vent out too... she gives me chocolate."

"That's how I gather blackmail material." Heechul quips. "That only leaves Yihan and Seunghyun who don't know..." Yunho muses, doing a mental count.

"You can tell them. I have nothing to hide and I'm sure they'll whine about being left out." Minyoung though knows two persons she's afraid to tell. "Let's just not tell Jiseok. He has too much trauma from infidelity."

They promise Heechul to tell her Jiseok's backstory later. Heechul meanwhile tries to change the mood. "So I heard he plans to visit the Dessert Room."

"Yeah, the person who dropped the boxes today also gave us Lee Joongi’s secretary’s card." Yunho, seated on the couch, cranes his neck backwards to look at Heechul upside down. "You free one of these days? I'd prefer you show him around. It's too complicated to have Minyoung or Jaejoong do it."

Minyoung was about to protest but then gives up when she has nothing to say. While she's fully capable of being professional, it's best for Lee Joongi if he doesn't interact with her.

"I'll take care of it boss. Besides from what I've heard, the old man is easily impressed with good food." Heechul walks over to the other couch, "so this pizza pizzazz. Should we do eight layers or ten?"

Before they can go further into the party planning, Jaejoong runs out anxiously. "Yunho, this was in the bottom of the bag." Jaejoong shows a pastel blue gift box and with the way she's holding it, it seems heavy.

"I wouldn't put it past the Lees to send you a gift," Yunho asks for the box when Jaejoong makes a dreadful face fearing it's something expensive again. He peels off the tape that kept the lid c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter