Seizing the Present-1

Chocolate & Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next part of this arc begins from here. Enjoy ^^

Jaejoong's back is hurting after sleeping cramped up on the couch all night. She tries to stretch her sore muscles moving to lie down on her side. But a hand on her back pushes her to remain on her side. "You're going to fall..." That voice wakes her up better than an alarm clock.

Jaejoong twists her body to a comfortable position before sitting up. She finds Minyoung sitting against the couch on the floor. Her face is near her knee, so she moves carefully to avoid hitting her head. On the other side of the room, Yunho is sleeping haphazardly on the floor, making a pillow of a stuffed rabbit that he’s drooled on. Jaejoong doesn't know if Minyoung would want that rabbit back. Not that the pillow is keeping Minyoung awake at night.

From her red eyes and ghostly skin that's paler than Jaejoong's right now, it's obvious she didn't sleep at all. "How long have you been here?" Minyoung's response was to look in the front, at Yunho's and Jaejoong's phones on the coffee table.

Jaejoong figured she was hoping for Changwook to contact one of them after her failed attempts to call him.

Jaejoong asks her to pass the phones so she can check it. She skims though all the texts from everyone asking how Minyoung is doing. She finds Changmin responding to a message from Changwook's secretary on their group chat.

"Oh... it seems Changwook's phone isn't working after getting wet yesterday. That could be my fault" Minyoung unknowingly exhales in relief. Changwook's phone isn't working, not that he didn't want to talk to her.

While she takes minute comfort in that, she misses Jaejoong going through Yunho's phone, particularly his late night exchange with Changmin. She chooses not to tell Minyoung that Yunho had suggested Joongi cut off Minho, not expecting that he would do it so suddenly without telling at least Minyoung.

From the sound of it, Yunho was very troubled when Joongi made a one-sided decision to call Minho back from Beijing and was very concerned about Changwook. It seems Changwook told Yunho he felt insecure because of Joongi. Jaejoong can understand how he felt.

"Changwook stayed over at Changmin's place... apparently he was quite drunk... remind me to get Changmin's address out of Changwook later." Even amid the turmoil of emotions she feels, Minyoung can find it weird that Jaejoong doesn't know Changmin's address. "Oh!" Minyoung looks up at Jaejoong when she gasps. "Changmin just texted Yunho he's coming here with Changwook..." Jaejoong looks at Minyoung with restrained excitement.

Changwook coming here is a good sign, right? Minyoung wants to think that.

Hurriedly Minyoung trots to the bathroom and checks at her reflection in the mirror. She looks utterly horrible!

Her usually pale skin is deathly white minus the healthy glow. And her eyes are red and swollen. Not to mention she hasn't changed her clothes in two days.

A niggling thought she shoves at the back of her mind as soon as it occurred, is her current state is familiar. Painfully so.

There were so many times she'd spend sleepless nights waiting, pining for that person to see her. She was a walking corpse when she'd catch the house staff burning something of his she had touched. And she was a sobbing mess till Yunho came and saved her.

When she was in that hotel room, she promised herself to never be this pathetic for a man again. Yet here she is... suddenly the idea of seeing Changwook is daunting. Like an agonising reminder that she's reverted to that person again.

"You can't do this..." Minyoung tells her reflection. She can't break again. Her family can't go through that again. This is much worse... maybe because it's Changwook... maybe because she's not learned her lesson...

"The only lesson to learn is Lee Minho is a piece of ." Minyoung whips her head in the direction of the ajar door where Yunho is yawning without bothering to cover his mouth. She turns to the mirror again, vaguely realizing she was talking aloud to her reflection.

Before she could get her thoughts in order though, she's being pulled out of the bathroom and have the door shut on her face. It takes few seconds for Minyoung to feel affronted Yunho just stole her bathroom.

"Hey look! There's a clean dress in this bag! At least you can change now. " Jaejoong waves her pineapple print romper she fished out from that small shopping bag of clothes Changwook had left behind the other day.

Jaejoong seems more excited than her, confident that they will reconcile. Until 10 minutes ago, Minyoung felt the same and was going to attempt to make herself presentable till she realised what she's done to Herself. "Jae..."

Jaejoong pauses sniffing the sleeve of her top to determine if she can stay in them a few more hours and gives Minyoung her attention. She's waiting for her to continue but Minyoung only stands there looking like a frightened kitten.

"What?" Jaejoong's head tilts to the side curiously, "Do you want to look like you're pathetic without him? He's not Minho. So that won't be any help. Not that being pitiful in any case helps... I mean he's the type to just panic and get on his knees if he thinks he's made you feel bad. Which he has... but he needed to vent too." Jaejoong flings the romper to her face just as Yunho steps out of the bathroom. "Change. I'm going to run to the store to get myself clean underwear."

Yunho's eyebrows curve upwards in amusement, "Really? But the microwave isn't packed yet..." Jaejoong shrieks the way she always does every time Yunho teases her about that.

"Why do you want one more underwear? This man made me pick out 2000 pairs for you!" The new revelation that Minyoung was the one who bought all that underwear - why did she pick those sleazy ones - is not an extraordinary consolation. If anything it flusters her to know someone else knows about her innocent faux pas and she is once again a squeaky incoherent mess.

Yunho is nonetheless able to decipher what she's asking. "I needed a consultant...There were so many types... I wanted to get them all... but Minyoung said you don't need 5000 underwear..." She doesn't need 2000 either, Jaejoong meant to say. And she also wants to question Minyoung about selecting the crotchless lace ones in every colour that are so embarrassing to look at, she stashed them behind the flush tank like they are drugs. But Jaejoong still can't form words.

"Just so you know, the crotchless ones were totally Yunho's pick. I only picked the tie-ups." Minyoung is the picture of innocence, like she's not discussing buying underwear for someone else.

"I picked tie up ones too! The ones that tie in the back... why don't you ever wear those?"

"She doesn't? I told you are choice is too OTT!"

"She doesn't wear your choice either! They probably are as uncomfortable as they look."

"She doesn't wear them probably coz you can take them off her too easily! You know she keeps running out of underwear coz you can't keep it in your pants!"

Yunho had a retort to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter