The Passionate

Love In Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Oh, that’s. . . good.”

Yerin observed the man’s expression carefully as he struggled to keep his eyes down to her. Clearing his throat, he finally gave her the slightest smile that he always gave her at times like this. “I actually didn’t expect you to take my offer, I just—you know, you hate me.” He sincerely responds earning a frown from Yerin. “Kyungsoo, I don’t hate you. Come on. . .” She sighed. That was Kyungsoo’s depressed, self-loathing talking but of course he would never address that to her, not even to himself. He could feel his inner voice yelling ‘I told you so, she doesn’t hate you so just keep having balls!’ while partying in many sorts of ways in his system.

He nodded. “Very well then, if you are available tomorrow, you can go to the store and I can show you around first and I guess, just. . . give you a bit of an orientation. You can come in anytime after lunch but nothing later than 5:00PM, does that work?” He managed to say professionally despite the struggle to keep his composure. They’re actually doing this. She’s going to work for him. He’s going to see her more often than he would ever imagine.  

“That’s perfect, I can come by after lunch. Should be the perfect timing before I’d have to pick Inyoung up from school.” Yerin accepted with a big grin on her face. Kyungsoo, being the awkward jerk that he is, simply gave her an irregular nod before turning away to leave. “Uh, Kyungsoo. Thank you again. I know this might not be that easy for us in the beginning but. . . I will work really hard, I promise.” Her voice, the sincere words coming out of her lips, sent shivers through his spine. He could feel the uttermost trust she’s giving him at the moment and he didn’t expect it at all.  Tilting his head to the side to give her the slightest glimpse, he simply nodded before walking away, maintaining the cold aura that he has accustomed to give her.

He has come to that point where he’s too afraid to show any vulnerability to her because of all the ty things he has done. It to feel that for someone he’s so madly in love with.

He has a lot to learn. . . or re-learn.

That is. . . if he’s going to have balls TO HAVE BALLS. It’s a never-ending question to a Do Kyungsoo.

 

 

For the tenth time, he had unconsciously counted himself, Kyungsoo checked himself in front of the mirror in his private washroom of his office. He hasn’t gotten any text messages or calls but Yerin should be here anytime soon. He couldn’t explain the feeling he’s currently getting. Somehow, he wanted to look as presentable and professional as he possibly could. When did he not look professional in front of her though? If anything, he had programmed himself into keeping their relationship strictly professional the moment they started co-parenting. Tighten his necktie or loosen his necktie? Keep his suit on or remove it? “ it, it’s too hot anyway.” Finally though, he decided to remove the suit and started folding his shirt sleeves up. He stopped fiddling with his tie and left it as is. Just then, he got a knock on his door. Letting out a faint groan, he stepped out of the washroom – finally. “Come in.” He dimly grunted while walking towards his office table.

To his dismay, it wasn’t Kwon Yerin nor anything rather important.

It was Gong Soyeong. In all fairness, he hasn’t seen her in a while so he’s quite intrigued of her sudden presence.

“Good afternoon, Miss Gong. What can I do for you?” He politely asked as always, keeping the distance. “Just got back from London, here to drop by for a visit and also give you this wine I got when I was there. It has an expensive taste, you’ll love it.” She grinned while walking towards his table. She placed a fancy looking wine box down the table before taking the seat across him. “I appreciate that, thank you.” He grabbed it and and placed it down the floor just by his table.

“Anyway,” Soyeong brushed her long brown hair to the side, giving him the prettiest smile. “We’ve known each other for a long time and I know I have flirted as much as I could possibly do. After my vacation, I’ve had a lot of realization and reflected a lot.”  

Kyungsoo slowly nodded, not really getting her point. “O—okay, good for you.” He answered, unsure if that’s the answer he should be giving. “It is. So now, I’m not going to prolong this indirect love messages I’ve been single-handedly giving you. You seem pretty slow and naïve yourself, that’s what I realized so I understand if you just never got it.“ She calmly explained, maintaining that same smile on her face. Does that mean she’s going to stop bugging him? The thought excited Kyungsoo deep inside. Although, being called slow and naïve really offended him on the highest level.

“I really like you and I know deep within you, maybe not now but someday, you can like me too. So, I’m here to formally ask you to go out with me. Let’s date.”

It took him a while to process her last sentences in his mind. “Uhm. . . I think, even if you think you indirectly flirted? I think I’ve always made this clear between us, haven’t I Miss Gong? You’ve literally always asked me out a lot of times already so I’m not quite sure why you’re acting like you’re doing this for the first time.” He responded as kindly as possible. After all, he still wants to keep a good and professional relationship with her. She chuckled. “I know. I did ask you out before but it was never an actual confession which I am doing now. I like you so much, do you understand me? I want to be your girlfriend. So badly. Just give me a chance.” She explained herself thoroughly, almost pleading at the end.

He’s still quite confused. Maybe it is to her, but he really didn’t think this was her first time doing this. Or maybe it’s because he just got what she’s trying to do every single time.

The look in her eyes were sincere, he knew that. She’s not a bad person, she’s actually quite the most generous and kind heiress he has met so far. She’s humble and she doesn’t really act all that rich. She’s pretty much the perfect girl any single guy would want.

But for him, he’s not single. He’s never been single ever since he met Yerin. For him, Kwon Yerin is his first and will be his last. He hasn’t even had with anyone else ever since that rooftop night many years ago happened. It’s something he has kept a secret to everyone – it’s been forever since he even thought about that. He never had any interest in dating anyone else and he’s not the type to around with  people he doesn’t know. He’s too difficult to do risky things like that. He’s also too madly in love to ever want anyone else.

There’s always been one person in his life and it’s only her, he plans to stay that way.

“Uh—I’m really sorry, Miss Gong. I will do an orientation with a new employee and I’m afraid she’s gunna be here soon if not already.” He decided to end the conversation while glancing down his watch. He wasn’t lying anyway. “I understand.” Soyeong sighed as she stood up. “I don’t know if it’s just me but. . . you technically didn’t say no yet. So, I will be waiting for your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter