The Reality

Love In Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Eomma, why—Eomma, it’s Mr. Byun!”

Inyoung beamed in much surprise as she got off the car after they have parked in the apartment building’s parking lot. Across their tenant spot was the visitor’s area where Baekhyun stood beside his car. He was following them all the way from school but Inyoung did not notice it until now. Yerin officially hired Baekhyun to be Inyoung’s tutor two days ago and met up at a café to discuss the schedule and the salary. He will be tutoring Inyoung for two hours, ten in the morning until noon every other weekend – both on Saturdays and Sundays, solely excluding the kid’s weekends with her father.

“Hello, Mr. Byun.” Yerin grinned excitedly while bowing. Baekhyun smiled back as he walks his way towards them. “So Inyoung. . .” The mother put a hand on the kid’s shoulder. “Starting tomorrow, your homeroom teacher will be tutoring you for two hours at ten in the morning, alright? He will be helping you with your tests, assignments and projects every other weekend especially in English and Math. Isn’t that great?” Yerin finally revealed earning the most thrilled and satisfied grin from her daughter.

“At your service, Miss Inyoung.” Baekhyun joked, sporting an adorable smile, while saluting at the girl. “Are we starting tonight?! Let’s go! I wanna show you my room, Mr. Byun!” Inyoung excitedly grabbed both of Baekhyun’s hands and began dragging him towards the entrance. Yerin’s eyes stuck out in mortification and prevented the kid from further dragging the man. “Good Lord, Inyoung relax. He’s just here to collect all your notebooks, textbooks and assignment book so he could prepare for tomorrow.” She lectured but shortly after, laughed because of her daughter’s silliness while gazing at Baekhyun, extremely embarrassed.

“It’s alright, no worries. She’s adorable how could I say no to that awesome tour?!” Baekhyun beamed in response without further ado, lifted the little girl into his arms. Inyoung giggled with happiness when her homeroom teacher comfortably carried her for the first time. Watching silently, Yerin grinned while walking ahead to tap her fob key to its tapping box, opening the building entrance. 

Once they arrived in front of their door. “Sorry if it’s a little bit messy inside.” Yerin cautioned him right away even though she spent all morning cleaning the house before going to work knowing that someone will be visiting later. She got such habit from her mother who had always taught her that the best first impression you could ever get is from your spotless household.

“Are you kidding? Your house is so clean.” Baekhyun sniggered earning a satisfied grin from the woman who obviously have expected that kind of reaction long before he could even step into the apartment.

 

Fast forward to the little Kwon Inyoung sound asleep, her head leaning on Baekhyun’s shoulder. After an two-hour-long—perhaps more than that excluding the period when Inyoung had to take a quick bath and brush her teeth to officially end the day—tour of her collection of shoes and dresses, her toys and dollhouses, their balcony where Yerin had some plants put up and even showing their Netflix movie and show list, Inyoung lastly presented him her favorite story book that Kyungsoo had bought and always read to her when she was a toddler. She was so enthusiastic about the story that Baekhyun offered to read it resulting to her eventually drifting off.

Despite knowing that, Baekhyun finished the twelve-page story book. “Finished. And. . . she is as well.” He glanced at Inyoung with a small chuckle. He closed the book and placed it down the bedside table before gently adjusting the kid’s body and putting her to bed. He tucked her in before standing up to collect all the notebooks and textbooks from the desk just beside the bed. Checking on Inyoung one last time, he carefully walked his way out of the room after turning the lights off. He pulled the door and shut it close as gently as possible.

Coffee, he smells immediately.

He swiftly shifted his body to glance at the kitchen to see Yerin preparing coffee. “She’s asleep now.” He spoke making the woman turn, her body language showing signs of mild surprise from that sudden announcement. “As expected, she was really hyper. I’m so sorry about that, I know you were only planning to take her school stuff. She was really stubborn; I swear I told her to let you leave within fifteen minutes of getting here. She gets really excited over having guests.” Yerin immediately explained on behalf of her daughter. Baekhyun chuckled in response while shaking his head. “No worries, she’s adorable.” He assured before walking into the kitchen.

“Would you like some coffee first before you head off?” The young mother offered. To be polite, Baekhyun didn’t hesitate to accept the invitation. Yerin signaled him to take a seat on one of the high chairs by the center island, not bothering to take the coffee-talk to the dining area. “So how old are you by the way, Mr. Byun? I’ve asked you about your career and stuff but I don’t know much about you personally yet.” Yerin then started the social protocol.

“I’m actually turning thirty soon, and you’re only twenty-seven, right?” Answered the man.

Yerin grinned. “Yup but who am I kidding, I’m turning twenty-eight this year. Sigh, time flies. I’ve gotten busy with work and with Inyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter