The Next Leads (or not, what?)

Love In Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

| A  S P E C I A L  C H A P T E R |

 

 

“Class 1 G-2. . . where is it, this is G-3 though.”

Soyoung scanned her eyes around the currently occupied classrooms. “These are all older kids, where are the younger ones? Are you sure you gave me the right floor, Mr. Woo?” She whined to the other end of the phone call. Ever since she found out about Kyungsoo’s and Yerin’s daughter’s situation, she made sure to research about them really well with the help of her assistant so she could start helping them work things out. She decided to start with approaching the man who is apparently seeing Yerin at the moment according to her sources, she asked around Avantgarde. To be more specific, she asked Sohee who knew the actual name of the guy.

She also wanted to come meet Inyoung for the first time.

After all, she is only the daughter of the man she was regrettably and unrequitedly in love with for the last ten years of her life. She might as well meet the child who is the main reason her chance to have Kyungsoo was never able to work out at all.

“Ma’am, I said Third room to the right once you get to the ground floor.” Mr. Woo responded on the other line.

Soyoung immediately paused and turned right around. “Well, you did not make it clear to me. Okay, I’m going back down. I will call you again if I need you. Thanks.” She ended the call and rushed back down. She slightly pushed her sunglasses down while skimming every classroom’s name on the door. Some people are starting to look at her in suspicion. After all, she’s been in the school for no apparent reason just roaming around like a creep. It’s also her first time in this school. She has done many many charity works and volunteering in an insane number of schools including overseas but she’s never been to this particular one. Just her luck. “Oh oh oh, here we go. Now we’re talking.” She grinned to herself once she finally spotted the classroom.

She skipped to the door passing along the wide glass windows that shows the interior of the room. “These little angels, doing their work so happily.” Her heart skipped a bit as she looked at each and everyone inside. “I wonder which one is Inyoung. . .” She scanned all the female ones but she just couldn’t guess who the kid could be. She hoped she would look extremely like Kyungsoo but that would have me her look like a dude and that’s not going to be a good thing for the kid. She looked more closely, peeking her head closer against the glass but that was interrupted when an adult body blocked her line of sight. She immediately stood up straight, panic building up in her system. She quickly shared a quick eye-contact with the person and it’s a male. “Who’s this handsome young man, where’s the old guy teacher.” She muttered against the glass thinking it was sound-proof.

“I can hear you, miss.” The male said calmly before walking away from her sight. She sighed in relief when he just left like that. “Must be an assistant or something.” She muffled while rubbing her throbbing chest. She then continued scanning in through the classroom, now even placing her palm against the glass. Just then, she heard a clearing of throat from behind making her jolt up again. She turned around and saw the same guy but now he has stepped outside. “Hi, what can I do for you?” He asked taking a few steps closer to her and quickly bowing. She awkwardly did the same and gazed at the classroom again. “Uhm, it’s not important who I am but which one is Inyoung here? I can’t find that cute little girl, I mean they’re all cute. Don’t get me wrong.” She chuckled only to earn a confused frown from the guy. “Excuse me? Can you please tell me what you need or else I’m going to jhave to call security.” The guy sternly said, not liking what she just said. “Oh no no no, don’t worry. I have a lot of experience with kids, I’m literally obsessed with kids. It’s just my first time in this particular school.” Soyoung assured the man only to earn an even more concerned frown. “Okay, you need to leave, miss. I can’t help you.” He sternly replied.

“Hey, I literally just want to see the kid as I’ve never met her, geez Mr. Woo should have at least given me pictures when he did some research.” She muttered to herself while looking down to her phone. “Research? You did background check on a kid? Okay—” The guy closed the door of the classroom and seemingly locking it before taking his phone out. “I’m calling security.” He said. Soyoung’s eyes widen in fear and chased him. “No no no, it’s not what you think. Listen, sir! I just need to—hey!” She tried to run through his walking pace. She’s five-foot-two and she does not have long legs at all and not wearing heels today. “Okay fine, forget the kid. I just need to talk to Mr. Byun Baekhyun, I did more research on him anyway. Can you at least lead me to him?” She gave up on seeing the child and that finally made the guy stop. Soyoung had to jump away from him because of the sudden stop or else she would have bumped into him completely.

“Okay.” She breathed heavily, panting in exhaustion. “You need to warn me when you do those stops. You see, I have short legs, I have to run while you walk.” She spoke through inhale and exhales. The guy turned around with a calmer expression this time but still quite confused. “Sorry, I—I’ve never met you before. I’m Byun Baekhyun, what do you need from me?" He asked in concern.

“Oh.” Soyoung stood there like a fool. “You’re—you’re the teacher? Oh my god, I thought you’re the assistant or something. My bad.” She grinned to hide her embarrassment. The man stood there silently waiting for her to tell him what she wants. “Alright so. . . I’m here because—” Processing the best words to say, Soyoung tapped the tip of her shoes on the floor while folding her arms. “—I’m gunna sound like a creep but hear me out first.” She chuckled. He cleared his throat while looking at her distantly. “I’m sorry but you’ve been sounding like one the first second you spoke.” He admitted earning yet another embarrassed glare from the woman.

“Whatever, uhm, I know Yerin. I know Kyungsoo. And I know this whole shebang between them. Okay?” She finally revealed and his expression finally, completely, calmed down. He remained silent to let her talk, he also doesn’t want to give away any more information despite her proofs of legitimacy. “That kid—the kid you won’t even let me see which I’m still pretty sad about. by the way, but. . . that kid deserves a complete family. It breaks my heart to see any child suffer because of failed relationships. I can’t let that happen to her. I will not allow it unless it is indeed toxic for the child. But this one? I know that there’s a chance between the parents.” She explained, tears already forming in her eyes which surprised Baekhyun. “I’m sorry—uhm—so what do you need me for then?” Baekhyun finally asked, his confusion masked with a small smile.

“You’re an elementary teacher, right?” Soyoung asked. Baekhyun looked around the hallway while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter