The Present Can

Love In Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“What about Mr. Do and your assistant?”

on her neck, Junsoo casually shook his head. He pinned her more against the wall of the under stairs storage room where they have been hiding in for the past ten or so minutes since they had the chance to escape from the two other people, Kyungsoo and Yerin, with them.

Junsoo gave a smug playboy smirk. “I’m sure they’re going to be fine. Mr. Do is probably busy with inspecting the whole place now by himself.” He replied and  bit his bottom lip before pushing his body closer to hers. The representative laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck. “What about you, Mr. Kim?” She asked.

“Me on the other hand. . . would like to inspect you first.” Junsoo slyly replied making the woman giggling before accepting another passionate kiss with the man.

 

 Meanwhile. . . 

 

“Guys! We’re here, can you hear me at all? Hello?”

Yerin continued knocking and yelling against the door. Kyungsoo on the other hand looked down to the folder of the mansion’s history, description and floor plans details hoping to get some possible ways to get help or get out of the room. It’s been only around five minutes since they got locked up but it’s already long enough to get frustrated about it. “We’re on the second floor, the last room in the hall, right? So our window’s facing the backyard, crap.” He muttered while looking around. “There’s like, what, fifteen rooms here? It’s a ing boutique hotel, how are they going to find us without us shouting for help?” Yerin asked, obviously more frustrated that the man.

Kyungsoo continued reading into the folder until he spotted one key note. “All rooms are highly soundproof. The big heavy door was put up for a reason, it’s barely going to make a noise on the other end. That’s useless unless they really go inches closer to the door. We need to find a way to get a signal here.” He stood up and walked over to the balcony. Yerin on the other hand finally gave up and leaned against the door.

“Is the original owner of this guesthouse some psycho millionaire or something who does the creepiest, sickest things in here?”

Not being as bothered, Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders and continued lifting his phone up to each window, going around the large empty room. “This is just one of the filming locations, they have a café set too where they going to film a lot of scenes and a barn apparently. We also plan to design and sponsor the café by the way.” He explained. “That doesn’t matter to me right now, I hate being locked up anywhere. This terrifies me, like super.” Yerin mumbled while hugging her arms around herself. Despite that it’s a big room, it still scares her. The idea of being locked up scares her so much. She fears the idea of never being found and just dying there, a very childish thought but it’s always been possible in her head. “Just relax, they’re eventually going to find us. I’m sure the representative is very aware of this whole mansion; they won’t take that long. Just wait.” Kyungsoo stopped trying the phone and walked over to her. He was surprised of how afraid she actually looked, he initially thought she was just being whiney.

“Are you that scared?” He asked in surprise.

Yerin looked away as she continued rubbing her arms. “I’m just very uncomfortable. What if we never get out of here until night time? What if this place is haunted or the psycho millionaire who owns this is hiding somewhere and he or she kills us? What about Inyoung? We need to get back by tonight.” She started talking rubbish making Kyungsoo smile. “You’re cute.” He muttered softly, not even trying to take it back anymore. “I’m not joking here, come on. . .” Yerin whined some more while keeping her head down.

Kyungsoo stood there motionless, inches away from her.

He wants to kiss her so badly especially after what had almost happened this morning back home. He swore she was about to kiss him.

“We’re gunna get home tonight, okay?” He asked making Yerin hesitantly look up to him. His voice sounded very calming, very reassuring that it caused her chest to tighten a bit. “Well, since you’re being very calm about it, fine. . . I’ll trust you.” She gave in and decided to get down the floor and sit since there was nowhere else to really sit. “Come sit, I’m sure will will hear it when someone’s on the same floor. The echo alone in this guesthouse is—gosh.” She laughed while patting the space beside her on the floor.

Kyungsoo made a face, hesitating to sit on a dirty floor. “Oh, c’mon. We both need to wait here, might as well take a sit.” Yerin insisted which finally made him do it. Once he was down beside her, he immediately rubbed his palms off together to dust them off after touching the floor. It wasn’t very dirty but it was dirty enough for him to feel it – clean freak. Yerin touched the wall and placed her ear against it. “It’s so cool, I can barely hear anything from the wall. I could hear a bit on the door but here, it’s literally nothing.” She beamed in amusement.

Being the quiet type, Kyungsoo only nodded before looking away.

Yerin let out a sigh as she looked at the man beside her. He’s still the same old shy Do Kyungsoo she first met at the university rooftop. A few years older here and there but she could see him the same way, even the way he fiddles with whatever he’s holding, right now it’s his phone. “I’ve always wanted to ask you. . .” She laned the back of her head comfortably against the wall and fixed her eyes up the beautiful design of the ceiling. Kyungsoo only tilted his head ever so slightly just enough to look at her from his peripheral view. “Why’d you really kiss me that day?” She managed the finish her sentence with a smile, keeping the atmosphere as relaxed as possible. Kyungsoo went silent, wonder and confusion surfaced up his head. “W-which. . . which kiss.” He muttered knowing well enough he has kissed her more than once. Only one of them being a sober kiss though which was the first time at the rooftop.

Yerin looked down to her hands in between her knees and smiled. “Of course I’m talking about the first time.” She replied in an instant. She reminisced the sensation of it, it was her first kiss. She has never had a boyfriend before. She’s always wondered that, she never av

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter