The New Friendship

Love In Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Today is one of the rare days that Kyungsoo had a day-off. He initially planned a week off to be with Inyoung somewhere nice but that has been cancelled so he just took three days off instead. It’s a Saturday today so that gives him a total of five days off, probably the longest break he has ever gotten since last year. During this period, he had allowed himself to be completely inaccessible, he would not even be able to read emails and only an automatic reply pops out if people do email him.

He was excited to not be a CEO for five days but at the same time, he had no clue of what to actually do with just simply being Do Kyungsoo.

It’s going to be tough.

“This is boring.” He sighed while flipping through channels on his sixty-five-inch television. He’s in his bedroom right now. Earlier, he attempted to watch television on the living room, that obviously did not work out for him. He concluded that watching television just doesn’t do it for him. All he ever know how to be, aside from being an executive, is a father but it’s not his weekend to be with her. At the same time, Yerin has informed him last night that today is the start of Inyoung’s tutoring. He’s still very much pissed about that; he really does not see the point of getting extra help.

In his own words, Yerin’s trying to divide that little portion of responsibility as a parent to a stranger.

He rumbles ‘ it.’ under his breath before phoning Inyoung. He doesn’t know the schedule of the tutor but he has decided that he doesn’t give a rat’s if he interrupts them. It only took him two rings before his little angel picks up, it automatically put a smile of his not-so-smiley face. “Good morning, sweetie. How are you doing?” he immediately greeted with his half-serious half-sweet tone of voice that he always used on his daughter. He heard murmurs and movements on the other line before a sigh.

“Kyungsoo, sorry Inyoung’s currently answering some review test in Math and she needs to focus but she really wanted to answer your call.” It was Yerin. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes in annoyance. “Yes, until you snatched the phone from her? Are you serious? It’s a weekend today, doesn’t matter if she’s having her tutor over, I can still talk to her.” Kyungsoo argued right away. “No, I did not snatch her phone. She gave it to me and told me to give her a few minutes then she will talk to you.” Yerin retorts making Kyungsoo silent, disappointed at the revelation.

“Isn’t it the start of your vacation? What’s the plan? You’re really mean with your employees but I really think you deserve this rest; you’ve been working a lot.” The woman then decided to chat with him instead.

Kyungsoo was again hushed. Yerin’s happy-go-lucky voice streams into his system like a sweet attack. With a calm sigh, he put the call on speaker before placing his phone right on his chest as he lies down the bed. “I really don’t have any plans. I did but it was apparently unreasonable according to a certain monster mom.” He puts as much mockery on his respond as possible. But as he has predicted, Yerin replied with a victory snigger. Kyungsoo closed his eyes to take in that adorable reaction she always offers.

“Okay, you’re not supposed to like Monster Mom.” He complained, trying to suppress the growing smile on his face eventually failing to do so when he let out a small chuckle. There was a short pause until Yerin let out a big sigh. “Well. . .” She broke the silence first. “Inyoung told me your mom was sick the other day.” Kyungsoo beat her into it knowing that she was about to end the call.

“Oh, yeah. She had a flu and just two days ago she said she got pink eye so she hasn’t been able to visit us, hopefully she gets better soon.” Yerin enlightened in detail, concern growing in her tone. Kyungsoo cleared his throat to think of the next topic he could give out to stretch the conversation. “I hope so.” He sighed while gazing up the ceiling, still thinking. “I. . . I really have nothing to do today, I don’t know what to do besides work.” He gave in and confessed about the boredom eating him out. “Go to an animal shelter or something, volunteer to take care and play with the animals in there. I think you’d love that. . . knowing you. If not, you could go see a movie. You like watching movies alone, I find it weird that you prefer doing that alone but whatever, right?” Yerin smartly suggested.

Kyungsoo gulped hard. His chest pounded so hard by the thought of Yerin knowing the real simple Do Kyungsoo that’s hidden inside of him.

“Because people like to talk or react so much when watching movies and I don’t like it. Unless the person I watch with compromises with me and doesn’t do or say anything then I’d love to watch a movie with people.” He argued back despite his struggle to catch his breath at the moment. Yerin laughed on the other end making him even more anxious. “Yeah yeah, what do you even like at all? Nothing.” She beamed before exhaling soon after. “Okay, I gotta go. Inyoung will call you back in a couple of minutes, don’t worry I will remind her. Besides, there’s like an hour more until the tutor is done. Alright, bye bye!” Yerin exclaims her signature adorable ‘Bye-bye’ before ending the call.

Once he heard the beep, he let out a frustrated curse under his breath before slamming a pillow right on his face.

“Let’s watch a movie. Do you want to watch a movie? God damn it, that was all you got to say.” He lectured and cursed himself for not asking such simple invitation. With a very disappointed expression, he got off the bed to go out. Just when he was about to open the door, he heard the doorbell ring. He immediately started praying in his head that it’s not one of his relatives because he doesn’t have the mental energy to deal with anyone of them right now, or the whole five days he has off. With heavy and lazy footsteps, he went to get the door. It was the heiress who’s crazy for him, Gong Soyoung. He has always known that she liked him even if she never directly said it but she always gave hints, in fact, massive hints.

As if she’s waiting for him to get it and just ask her out.

“Hello, Miss Gong. What made you come here? If it’s something work-related, I can’t take it. I’m on vacation leave.” He immediately broke the news to her just in case she was sent by her father – which he half-doubts since she has always done this, visiting him simply because she wanted to. “And hello to you too! C’mon, get ready. We’re having brunch.” She confidently strides into the house making Kyungsoo move aside quickly or else she would literally walk into him. “Sorry, I can’t.” He rejected the invitation right away making the woman turn around with a pout.

“Do you have any plans? With family? With friends? I could call them to ask if I could have you for a few hours instead. Or they could even join us for brunch too.”

Kyungsoo sighed and shook his head. “No, it’s not like that.” He calmly replied. Soyoung was silent for a while as her eyes gawked him from head to toe. Detecting the motive, Kyungsoo cleared his throat before walking to the living room. “You look cute in pajamas and a white shirt. I like seeing a simple Do Kyungsoo too, in fact more than the one in a tie and a suit.” Soyoung beamed as she followed. “So, I can’t come unfortunately, I’m sorry. Is there anything else I could help you with today?” He asked before sitting down the couch.

Soyoung tapped her coffin-shaped long nails on her cheek while thinking. “Maybe we could go watch a movie? Either here or out, I don’t mind anywhere.” She suggested while nodding excitedly. Movie. The thing he really wanted to do with Yerin right now. “I don’t like movies, I’m sorry.” He immediately made an excuse while shaking his head.

“Okay then, we will do anything you want! I’m in.” said the woman, so much patience and determination in her tone. Kyungsoo just realized that she was dressed casually today, she was wearing faded jeans with rips on the legs and a fitted blue off-the-shoulders crop top showing her unblemished abdomen. She had her makeup done like the usual but it was more of a cute and pinky look as opposed to her usual fierce and sophisticated makeup on work days.

Kyungsoo sighed heavily. “Sorry, I. . . I actually don’t feel like doing anything or going anywhere today. I’m so sorry Miss Gong. Maybe some other, I promise.” He kindly rejected once more only to get a smile from the woman. “Okay well. . . hmm.” She clapped her fingers while looking around. “I’ll just cook then, you don’t have to go anywhere or do anything. I will!” She hopped in excitement before skipping to the kitchen while she struggles to tie her long thick hair into a bun so she could start the work. “No—wait.” Kyungsoo immedia

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter