The Confirmation

Love In Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was one of the rare occasions where Kyungsoo didn’t come to work too early.

Yerin even beat him into it and left the apartment first. It’s a Monday, their first work day as an official couple. Kyungsoo slept in and as much as she wanted to wake him up knowing that he’d appreciate it, she decided to leave him alone to rest more. Now, as he enters the building, employees who are just about to start working greeted him politely.

“Good morning, CEO.” Every single one of them said not expecting anything in return, as always, that every time Kyungsoo would acknowledge their presence and return a Good Morning to them, they are left in confusion. It was a normal, still pretty cold sounding Good Morning but that usually doesn’t happen at all. Kyungsoo just ignored their reactions as he continued walking and just as he passed by Junsoo’s office, he made a quick stop. Knocked on the door twice before pushing it open. “Good morning.” He stepped in with a greeting making Junsoo look up from his computer. Yerin who’s at the other corner looked up as well in surprise. “Oh, hey, dude.” Junsoo immediately started taking out some of the pictures and files they got from Jeju. “I suppose you’re expecting some of these.” He handed a whole thick folder to Kyungsoo.

“Yes, thank you.” Kyungsoo casually said before taking it. “Someone seems to have eaten breakfast for the first time in their lives.” Junsoo joked noticing a good mood from the president who just responded with a light scoff before turning around to leave. Just as his eyes gazed at Yerin’s direction, he gave her a light knowing smile. “Good morning, CEO.” Yerin stood up and greeted him with a bow. “Good morning, Miss Kwon.” Kyungsoo greeted, nice and simple, before walking out. Yerin sat back down while gulping hard, fighting the big urge to giggle. It’s almost so y, if she was a dirty-minded woman. But she isn’t so. . . get that.

“He actually came on time today, not like the usual where he basically opens up the whole building. I mean he obviously doesn’t, we have security but still.” Junsoo immediately opened up about his observation as soon as the man left. Yerin let out a small chuckle while nodding. “Maybe he’s very tired and slept in?” She guessed while looking at the manager who’s still watching Kyungsoo walk away from afar. “Whatever, I’m just so happy he didn’t put me in any more trouble after that incident in Jeju. Seriously, I was really worrying about that. When he came in, I thought he would say, ‘Good Morning, you’re fired’ and I swear I would have freaked out.” Junsoo sighed heavily before laughing to himself.

Yerin only shook her head while laughing at the man’s silliness, he tends to tell his story in an exaggerating way with hand gestures most times. Just then, he got a text message. It was none other than Do Kyungsoo.

I like your dress. Is it new?

Covering with the back of her hand, Yerin once again fought the urge to squeal for getting such compliment from him. She wasn’t even expecting anything at all. It’s not a very new dress but it’s been sitting in her closet and she hasn’t had the confidence to wear it until today. It’s a flary and patterned light blue that has a very subtle yet classy slit on the side. She knew it looked sophisticated and professional with a hint of iness and maturity – the look she’s specifically aiming for today.

 

When she came in, she even got a big compliment from Junsoo as well, that’s pretty much inevitable. Glancing at Junsoo cautiously, She then started typing for a reply.

Thank you! 😊 It’s not so new but I haven’t worn it before. Is it too much for office attire?

After pressing send, she looked towards the glass wall and straight to Kyungsoo’s office from afar. She couldn’t see him from her angle so she immediately gave up. She looked back down to her computer to officially start working. Talking about her dress just reminded her of Christmas. She actually got the it as a gift from Nuri last year for Christmas and now the holiday’s just around the corner, literally the next month coming. They’re still early on November but this is when she usually started planning everything including buy gifts.

She has a lot of people to give presents to.

But the highlight of the coming holidays is of course. . . finally having Kyungsoo by her side.

A smile climbed back up on her lips as she thought about it. She has always seen Kyungsoo in Christmas celebrations but only for brief moments and that’s solely for Inyoung’s sake. But this time, hopefully, they could celebrate it like a complete happy family. Right now, they’re very much on the early stage of the relationship that they haven’t even talked about how they’re going to tell both their parents about it, or even Inyoung. Only the two of them and Baekhyun know. Baekhyun only found out as Yerin got carried away and excited and accidentally told him, by the way.  

Just then, she got a quick reply.

You look higher than your actual job position but that’s fine, cause you basically are.

Yerin couldn’t help but to chuckle. “Ehem.” Junsoo suddenly cleared his throat making her turn. He signaled her to put the phone down. “Oh, sorry.” She bowed apologetically before hiding her phone back in the drawer. “Just focus, gunna be a busy day today. We have auditors visiting today, you don’t have anything to do about it but still, let’s be a bit more proper today. Alright, Miss Yerin?” Junsoo simply said. Yerin blankly nodded before looking back down.

This is going to be difficult. She’s secretly dating, officially, the CEO of the company she is working at. She’s scared that it’s going to be way too hard to hide their feelings away from everybody. What if it shows? What if they feel it? What if it’s just way too deep that there’s no way of hiding it for too long? Worse case scenario, when they all find out they are going to call her a gold-digger or a user. But obviously, that’s besides the fact that they don’t even know she and Kyungsoo has a kid together.

All in all, it’s very damn complicated.

Some hours went by faster than she had expected, it could be that she was busy with actual work or she was busy thinking about her new boyfriend who’s tragically just around the corner but is unreachable, physically. Her late lunch break finally comes and as soon as she had a GO sign from Junsoo, she took her phone out and left. Sohee, her favorite work friend, is at the break room making coffee. “Hey, girl. I’m out later than usual, Mr. Kim made me encode so many things.” Yerin greeted with a beam as she stepped in. “Uhm, hello? What are you, the first lady?” Sohee complimented while chuckling, looking impressed. Yerin rolled her eyes as she opened the fridge to take her lunch out. First lady. Hmm, well technically Kyungsoo is the president of Avantgarde so that could work. “You look so pretty, don’t get me wrong. But this tells me something, are you seeing someone?” Sohee then walked over to the table with her, carrying her coffee along. Yerin simply shrugged her shoulders as she opened her container of salad.

“And you’re eating sala—okay, you are seeing somebody. Where’s the egg rolls? Where’s the unhealthy in your lunch?” Yerin widened her eyes back at the lady who continued interrogating her. “First of all, you’re already thin enough, you need more than salad, girl.” Sohee added before splitting half of her sandwich and placing it on the lid of Yerin’s food container. Not being able to take the teasing anymore, Yerin sighed and looked back. “I’m not on a diet, I forgot to cook last night and this morning I couldn’t cook either, I was too tired. So, I just made the quickest lunch possible.” She explained, truthfully.

Last night. . . both she and Kyungsoo didn’t have enough sleep.

She introduced Kyungsoo to her collection of puzzles and they ended up trying to finish a whole new set that she hasn’t opened. It was very fun and kind of romantic to be able to spend time with him doing that. “You couldn’t cook last night and you were too tired to cook this morning. . . which brings me back to you seeing someone. Are you?” Sohee asked, bringing it up again. Yerin sighed before shaking her head. “Geez, stop with that. I don’t have much time for dating right now.” She denied the accusations before she ends up spilling it by accident again. This time, she really needs to be extra careful. “Fine, whatever. Anyway, I heard you had to go with Mr. Kim and CEO in Jeju for work? You got paid though, right? Personally, I don’t like getting called for work on my day off.” Sohee gave up eventually before taking a sip of her coffee.

“Yup, I got paid.” Yerin grinned while nodding. She’s very thankful of that day, she doesn’t even care if she didn’t get paid at all. That day. . . was the second most beautiful thing that happened to her by far. The first is of course when Kwon Inyoung was born. That one will forever be unbeatable, not even by Kyungsoo himself. In fact, she’s pretty sure Kyungsoo feels the same way. “It was pretty fun, we went to this big guesthouse, like a mansion. Then we went to an empty yet rustic café and for a complimentary tour, they even took us to the seaside location where they’re also going to film.” She explained further, assuring the woman that it wasn’t so bad after all.

Just in the right time, she spotted Kyungsoo walk by the break room. He was with some employees and they were talking. He didn’t seem to notice her in there at all. Disappointed, she sighed and looked back down to her food. “CEO seems very busy today, I saw the older Mr. Do here today, scary as always. I actually think he’s still here.” Sohee blurted out making Yerin look up instantly. “O-oh, really? I didn’t see him. His mom is a little more approachable, when she was last here, she greeted Mr. Kim so I was able to see her.” Yerin answered, curiosity already building up in her head.

It’s always something to be anxious about when it’s Kyungsoo’s parents.

She has met Kyungsoo’s father once during the party they held where they also announced the long-gone engagement.

“That’s true, I never actually had the chance to get a single hi from the old guy.” Sohee shrugged her shoulders, obviously used to the man’s personality. “He reminds of me CEO, like father like son.” Adds the woman.

That, she’s wrong about. How Yerin wishes she could argue and tell her just how kind and sweet Kyungsoo could actually be. Just then, Kyungsoo and two other employees pass by again but this time, Kyungsoo actually stopped by the entrance. “Okay, I’ll be, uh—Miss Kwon, could you make me some coffee I’ll be right be in here in a minute, if I don’t come back then please just put it in my office. Thank you.” He hurriedly said before walking away again, looking very busy. “Look at this guy, like always. You’re on your break and also, you’re technically not even his assistant.” Sohee scoffed softly in disbelief.

Personally, Yerin didn’t see that as an attack or him being bossy even if they’re now dating – it’s more like that he prefers the way she makes coffee. It really is, Kyungsoo told her last night.

Yerin sighed as she watched Kyungsoo from afar walk back and forth, in and out of offices, holding papers, handing back papers and just being a chaotic mess today. She feels very bad especially now that she is aware of how much he actually hates what he’s doing. Between the two of them, she even enjoys working in Avantgarde more than he does. “It’s fine, he could be ordering you to make coffee and it wouldn’t change a thing, right? He can totally do that to everyone no problem.” She laughs as she walks her way to the coffee maker. “I know but still, he needs to see if someone’s on break. I know I instantly follow his orders when he does that to me when whenever I actually see him do it to someone else, I realize how stupid it is.” Sohee argued while shaking her head like a disappointed elderly.

“Ssh, someone might hear you.” Yerin laughed back as some employees walk in and out of break room once in a while. “Yeah, but still—oh. . .” Sohee paused immediately when Kyungsoo walked into the break room. He was holding a pile of folders on one arm. “Hello, CEO. Busy today huh?” The woman instantly turned friendly as she bowed lightly to the CEO. “Yes, we have auditors here today, they’re about to leave but uh—” Kyungsoo walked over to the coffe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter