The Motivation

Love In Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Baby, could you reach for that bottle of ketchup for me? I forgot to grab it.”

 Yerin looked over to the aisle as Inyoung leaves her side to get the ketchup just two shelves away. It’s a Friday night and they walked straight to the grocery store nearby their apartment to shop right after her work. “Thank you. As always, you’re my right hand.” She gladly took the bottle of ketchup from the kid and put it in their cart. “Eomma, are we really watching a movie with Appa tomorrow?” Inyoung then asked as she latched on her mother’s arm.

“Hmm.” Yerin looked up to think. “He actually hasn’t given me a final decision yet cause you know, he could be busy at times but we will see tomorrow. If he has to work, we two will still watch it, don’t worry. Okay?” She tried to give the best answer she could think of. Ever since that little sweet night they had, he really hasn’t confirmed if he agrees to watch Addams Family with them. “Okay, Eomma. I’m excited for the movie! My classmate already watched it!” Inyoung beamed innocently while stomping her feet along.

Just then, a figure blocked their way.

It was Do Kyungsoo.

“Oh, hey. I didn’t think you’d actually come.” Yerin chuckled in surprise. Prior to going, she texted Kyungsoo to let him know where they are in case he arrives home and wonders. “I need some stuff too.” Kyungsoo answered before moving closer to Inyoung and carrying the kid into his arms. “How are you?” He gently asked before planting kisses on her chubby cheeks. “Appa, are you watching Addams Family with us tomorrow? I really want you to come but if you have work, I understand.” Inyoung asked with her pleading yet understanding eyes. Only Kwon Inyoung can simultaneously do that. “Actually, something came up with work tonight. Even your Eomma might not be able to come. So, we might have to reschedule that movie, honey.” Kyungsoo casually explained as he began walking ahead leaving a very confused and shocked Yerin.

“What—what me? Huh? Why? What happened—I didn’t, what?” Yerin followed like a lost child while trying to peek at Kyungsoo’s face. “In my defense, it wasn’t my decision. It was Junsoo’s. Believe me, I tried to discourage him about it.” He explained. “Okay—hold up—can you like, tell me from the beginning? What about me? Are you saying I have to work on a Saturday?” The concerned woman started skipping faster while pushing the cart, Kyungsoo was walking pretty darn fast as he put random stuff down the basket, he is holding with one hand. He has already put Inyoung down to walk with him – the kid was also trying t0 chase her father’s pace. “This is all the razors they got? Jesus Christ, this place.” Kyungsoo groaned a he grabbed a value pack of razors. “Hello? Kyungsoo?” Yerin called out again finally making the guy stop.

He turned to her and sighed. “Junsoo and I are going to check a filming location for an upcoming TV show set to film in Jeju, they were thinking of having us sponsor them for all their venues and settings. The director loves our products and custom furniture. They want us to build some for them too. So, we’re basically having a meeting as well as checking all the locations to set up goals and budget. One day business trip that’s it, we’ll be back by night time. So, if you could leave Inyoung to your parents for the day, that’ll be great.” He finally explained the situation. “I still don’t get the point of taking me along?” Yerin asked with a big frown.

Kyungsoo sighed as he reached for a box of crackers that he usually eats while working. “Well, technically, you’re his associate slash assistant right now. He probably doesn’t want to do all the work by himself. He’s under me so he would have to deal with most of the things from legalities and pictures down to the paperwork later on when we get back. I guess he wants to split the tasks. You know him, he’s a bit lazy.” He answered, seemingly against the idea as well. He doesn’t really like the fact that Inyoung wouldn’t be with either of them tomorrow but he can’t really say anything about Junsoo’s decisions regarding the employees under him which includes Yerin.

“What is with Jeju, movies and shows just love filming there. Ugh.” Yerin groaned beside him while looking down her phone, currently texting her mom about the situation. “It’s romantic, that’s why.” Kyungsoo answered before turning to look at her. Their eyes met and it lasted for a few seconds until Inyoung went and stood in between them. “Eomma, Appa, can I get ice cream?” She asked softly. The two adults looked away while both nodding. “Sure, honey. Grab a whole tub then.” Yerin patted the kid’s back to gesture her to go ahead. “Yes!” Inyoung squealed in excitement before running towards the frozen isle.

Once the kid was gone, Yerin looked down to her phone again to finish her text message.

But before she could, she got a text message from her mother.

Dear, would you and Inyoung be able to stop by for the day tomorrow and watch the antique shop for us for a couple of hours in the afternoon? Your dad got pretty sick after he got back from the business trip so he’s home while I have to go drive to the city to my doctor. I need to have my annual full-body wellness check. They’re gunna run some tests and examination on me so it should only take like two to three hours plus the travel so it’s not going to take long. Let me know so that I can ask your cousin instead if you can’t.

“Oh, for ’s sake.” Yerin stomped her feet like a child once she finished reading the long text message. Her mother always texts novel-worthy messages. “What?” Kyungsoo asked before walking away to follow Inyoung, not even waiting for the woman to actually answer to his What? Yerin groaned as she followed as well. “Do I really have to go? Come on. I don’t think I can ask the favor from my parents again.” She pleaded. “You’re a salary worker but special work tasks like tomorrow, we actually have to pay you for that and give you lieu time.” The man casually explained while watching Inyoung pick the ice cream, the kid is still deciding. “Also, this is your chance to prove to me you have what it takes to finally be moved to the lead creatives’ office and do the actual work you enjoy. Be involved, show me what you got. I mean, you’d still have to be involved either way because Junsoo is pretty useless to me when we go to these kinds of meeting.” He looked down to her with a calm yet professional smile.

“W-what do you mean? I—I enjoy work of lead creatives? Huh? I don’t even draw good. I never wanted to be a designer or anything like, did we agree on that?” Yerin asked in genuine confusion. Kyungsoo was silent for a while until he smiled. The smile she very rarely sees. He wasn’t looking straight at her but she could still see how his eyes spark with fascination. “I’m the president of the company and I get reports from my employees. Junsoo’s been showing me your website and advertisement drafts you give him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter