The South Way

Love In Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yerin woke up from a light tapping on her arm. “Hmm. . .” A moan came out of her lips as she adjusted herself on the bed. When she opened her eyes, she was welcomed by Kyungsoo’s face. It was dark in her room but light enough to know it’s him. “Oh—” She immediately sat and looked at the clock. “I’m sorry, I had to wake you up. I’m going to work first and I need that thing you said could cover my bruise?” He softly spoke as he sat on the edge of the bed, putting his hand down her lap. Yerin covered while nodding, she felt very self-conscious. She has morning breath and her hair was messy. “Uhm, yeah I’m just gunna go to the bathroom really quick.” She sprinted out of the room and into the bathroom to brush her teeth.

It's Do Kyungsoo for god’s sake, they have never been intimate with each other before. . . well once.

She is comfortable with him around but as much as possible, she still wants to present herself the best way she can be.

Once she was done, she rushed back into the bedroom. Kyungsoo was still there sitting on her bed, waiting patiently. She cleared and walked over to her vanity table to look for her concealer. “Okay, let’s see. . . your skin’s a bit darker than mine but I think I could make it work.” She mumbled while digging into the drawer full of makeup. Kyungsoo stood up and went close to her, bending down right behind her to look as well. “Is it going to show if it’s lighter than my skin?” He asked making her quickly turn, only to meet his face dangerously close.

“Oh, well—” She cleared while shrugging her shoulders. “I’m not an expert but I will try not to let it show.”

Suddenly, a chuckle came out of Kyungsoo. “Did you brush your teeth?” He asked, seemingly in shock. Yerin stopped from digging into her makeup and turned around. “Uh—well, I went to the bathroom to pee and thought why not?” She gave a quick excuse, the most reasonable excuse she could give. Kyungsoo smiled before pulling her by the waist. He reached out to her head and ran through the tangles of her hair with his finger. “You don’t have to be too embarrassed of what you look like in the morning, I love it.” He assured her before pressing his lips against hers. Yerin completely let her guard down and leaned on the vanity table, letting him pin her down.

His kisses were full yet subtle, so gentle that it’s making her shiver. She could feel the goosebumps surrounding both her arms. He cut the kiss and placed his forehead against hers. “I’d do that even if you didn’t brush your teeth.” He mumbled and that’s when Yerin pushed him off. “Ew, you wouldn’t.” She mumbled as she turned around to continue looking for a possible concealer for him. She’s very pale and light-skinned and she needs to do something that could work his lightly tanned skin. “I think I’ll just set it with my contour powder. . . yea that should work.” She mumbled before taking out everything she needs.

She grabbed Kyungsoo by the wrist and gesture him to sit down on her furry chair she uses for the vanity table. “Okay, look up.” She lifted his head up so she could see better. Then, she started dabbing a light amount of concealer around his very purple bruise, it was more on the side of his lips. His cheek was still a bit red but it’s not much of a concern. She tried to focus on the bruise and ignore the way Kyungsoo stared at her. The corner of his lips would constantly curve up into a smile. “Yah, keep still.” She mumbled earning a soft chuckle from him. His breath smells so good, how can she not be self-conscious about hers? “Ugh, it’s very light. I just realized how pale I am. . . this is like a very bad swatch test.” She mumbled in frustration. Kyungsoo didn’t understand a word she said so he kept silent, simply adoring the way she looked. She was biting the side of her bottom lip as she focuses on her work and her eyes were double their size.

“Okay, I blended it out and now I’m going to try the powder. I only have my contour powder, it’s the closest to your skin that I could find.” She grabbed it from the vanity table together with a fluffy blending brush. “Is it going to be too obvious that I put anything there?” Kyungsoo finally spoke as she started dabbing the brush lightly against his affected area. “Hmm. . .” Yerin remained silent as she focused. “I have a charity event to attend today, I just want to make sure it’s going to stay and it isn’t too obvious. Uhm. . .” Kyungsoo sighed as he hesitated for a moment. “Eomma’s there so, if you could just. . . make sure.” That’s when Yerin stopped moving.

She looked into his eyes, concern building up in her chest.

“She doesn’t know this happens?” She asked earning a light chuckle from him. “Of course not, she’s going to freak out. It’s okay, it’s not a big deal. I’m a man, this happens between fathers and sons especially in our industry, it’s very difficult to consider our personal relationship from work sometimes.” He assured her, trying to sound as unaffected as possible. This time, Yerin put the brush down and stood up straight. “I beg to disagree, no parent and child should have this kind of relationship, ever. You’re not an exception just because you guys are rich and powerful.” Her tone turned sterner than ever.

Kyungsoo just sat there in silence, not knowing what else to tell her. “I may be rich but I never had power. Everyone thinks I have that but. . . if I did, you would have been by my side since day one. If I had power in me, I would have chosen us so easily.” He argued, his voice was firm yet calm. Yerin sighed as she watched him grab both of her hands together, planting small kisses on her knuckles. “Every day of my life I dreamed to be able to hold you like this, kiss you like this. . .” His eyes were closed as if he really was reenacting a dream. Being the softy that she is, Yerin started tearing up. “I never felt powerful until I was able to hold you like this, you know?” He then looked up.

“Ugh.” Yerin sighed before moving closer and cupping his face with both hands. Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her down until she was sitting right on his lap. A small laugh escaped her lips as she adjusted herself on him. “We’re like big-time on honeymoon stage.” She muttered as their foreheads meet. “Okay, calm down. I haven’t even proposed yet.” Kyungsoo whispered making her whimpering in giggles even more. “Yet? Yet huh? The man seems to have a plan. Wow, impressive.” She nodded in between sniggers.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes before grabbing her face and sealing her lips with a passionate kiss. It was suddenly interrupted when the bedroom door clicked opened. Out of reflex, Kyungsoo unintentionally pushed Yerin off and stood up causing her to fall down the carpeted floor, first and making a loud thud. “I-inyoung.” Kyungsoo rushed to the kid who’s still rubbing her sleepy eyes, fortunately. “Ouch. . .” Yerin rubbed her lower back as she stood up. “Sweetie, it’s so early. Why are you awake already?” She walked over to them before shooting some dagger glares at Kyungsoo after being pushed like that. She knew it was an accident and he panicked but that hurt. “Eomma, Appa, I had a bad dream and I woke up when it ended and I couldn’t go back to sleep anymore. What time is it, Eomma?” Inyoung asked softly. Yerin looked at the wall clock. “Hm, actually you could have thirty more minutes of sleep but I guess that’s fine. Let’s go make breakfast. Go go go.” She patted the child’s back gesturing her to go out. Once the kid was gone, Yerin glared at Kyungsoo before elbowing him lightly on the abdomen.

Kyungsoo moaned in fake pain before laughing. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it.” He mumbled before pulling her on the waist sideways. “Fine, whatever.” Yerin rolled her eyes and fought the urge to giggle at how he nuzzled his nose against her neck.

They both went back to the vanity area to finish concealing his bruise. “Look at it, does that look better?” She asked letting him check it with the compact mirror for a closer look. “I don’t know, I seriously can’t tell what’s good or bad job with this. I’m just going to trust you.” Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders before standing up. “Thank you. I’m gunna go, okay?” He kissed her on the cheek like a gentleman before leaving the room. Yerin collapsed back down on the bed as she stared at the door where he just left off. “He’s so—ugh.” She tapped her warm reddened cheeks as she felt the urge to just jump on him and forget thinking maturely about things.

Literally.

She never thought he could be such a prince.

He still has the aloofness in him but his loving nature shines through so easily.

And she couldn’t be happier to be receiving it now every single day.

 

 

It was one of those times that Yerin gets to come to Kyungsoo’s office again. Junsoo asked her to hand the CEO out some important documents, go through with it with him and letting him approve and sign. Yerin loved doing that, she loved working with Kyungsoo. Also, she knows he’s leaving early today because of the charity event so it’s good to see him before he goes.

Knock knock knock

“Come in.” Kyungsoo faint answered from inside. Yerin bit her bottom lip as she grins before grabbing the doorknob to get in. Once their eyes met, Yerin winked. “Hey sweetie. I have some papers here Junsoo wants you to check.” She spoke immediately but paused as soon as she noticed Kyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter