The Decision

Love In Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yerin has finally put Inyoung to sleep after dinner, having to help her take bath, clean her wounds and give her pain medication. Kyungsoo just left while Yerin’s parents who came as soon as they found out about what happened stayed put. They have decided to help in taking care of Inyoung who’s going to be away from school for a week to fully recover. “I can’t believe he won’t even stay for the night; his daughter needs him too.” Mrs. Kwon groaned while staring blankly in space. The Kwon’s are gathered together in the living room having coffee. “No, I—I made him leave. I need some space right now.” Yerin admitted before taking a sip of her tea, her father her comfortingly on the back. “What happened? I know you two have always been tensed when you’re together but tonight was quite different. Is everything okay?” Mr. Kwon asked with a big frown.

Yerin remained quiet for a while, letting her tears fall down her cheeks. Once she was ready, she turned to her parents with a bitter smile. “He suggested we all live together after what just happened today.” Her confession left the older parents silent. “I should—I should be happy, right?” Mrs. Kwon looked at her husband with a concerned look before moving closer to Yerin. Mr. Kwon, being a father, looked even more worried. “A-are you guys. . . together now?” He asked.

Yerin shook her head and looked away knowing already how her parents may react. “I believe he solely wants to do it for Inyoung’s sake. This has. . . nothing to do with the two of us.” She answered. It was dead silent for a moment; her very concerned parents just watched her cry silently while holding her. At this point, she didn’t even know anymore why she was crying. “You know what, do it.” Mrs. Kwon then suddenly spoke up, finally. Mr. Kwon looked back and frown, shaking his head in disapproval but stopped when Yerin looked at him. “I. . . maybe your mother is right.” He gave in and sighed. Yerin wiped her tears, rolling her eyes while chuckling. “How’s that going to work?” She argued, trying her best to not try any longer.

“What if. . .” Mrs. Kwon chuckled while wiping the tears that had escaped from her eyes. “What if this is actually your chance to build a relationship together, finally? Not so conventional but. . . who really knows, right? It’s life.” She finished her sentence, she herself feeling quite shocked that she actually said that. Yerin looked at her mother in utter surprise. Of all people, she’d be the last one to ever agree on something Kyungsoo suggested. “But I assume, you guys are keeping this a secret to his family first, right?” The older mother added. Yerin looked away and sighed. “I guess so—I mean, we haven’t fully discussed this at all because I just—I wasn’t really appreciating it the moment he said it.” She admitted.

“I think you guys should talk, like right now.” Mr. Kwon then finally joined into the decision-making.

Mrs. Kwon nodded to agree. “Maybe you should go meet him right now. There’s not going to be a lot of time, you both work tomorrow and there won’t be a lot of time to talk about it alone after work either cause I’m sure you guys would want to be by Inyoung’s side, right?” She added. Yerin looked ahead of her and sighed. She’s the type of daughter who’s going to be heavily affected of whatever suggestion and advise her parents tell her no matter how much she’s against it.

Hearing it alone from both of them is enough to slightly operate her mind into thinking alike about the situation.

She just hopes she’s not making a much bigger mistake this time.

 

 

“Oh, h-hey.”

Yerin brushed her hair to her side to hide her embarrassment. “I’m sorry I asked you out here, this is the only peaceful enough place I could find that is still open at this late time.” She apologized while watching Kyungsoo look around to pretty decent looking rooftop patio of a certain café and bar she randomly found in her phone map when she was thinking of a place to meet up with him. “I wouldn’t say peaceful but. . . it’s fine.” Kyungsoo said before taking the glass of water that’s already served for the two of them even before he arrived. “Yeah, it’s kind of chilly too.” Yerin chuckled while hugging her coat around her much tighter.

Kyungsoo looked away. “D-do you want my—uhm—coat too?” He asked awkwardly while already ing his coat. Yerin immediately shook her head while laughing. “No, it’s fine. I’m sure you’re feeling chilly yourself. Anyway. . . I hope you guessed why I called you out here?” She declined the offer and quickly shifted the conversation to what matters the most to her right now. Kyungsoo brushed his hair back while coldly chuckling. “Hmm, not really but I’m hoping Inyoung is doing fine and this is nothing bad.” He said with uncertainty before taking another big gulp of the water. When he got the sudden phone call from Yerin earlier at ten-ish, he immediately got up from bed and for some reasons, had to have a very rushed shower and dress up as nicely as possible, he took so much time that he was pretty much rushing his every movement – except the driving part, of course.

The two shared a very brief eye-contact before one cut it off, being it Yerin. “I uh—I have thought about it a lot when I got home. I think. . . you’re right, we should try and live together.” She finally revealed and she saw how Kyungsoo’s eyes dilated like a curious cat. Or is the reaction because of fear? She’s not quite sure. “At least. . . for Inyoung. You were right, there’s. . . nothing else to thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter