The Certainty

Love In Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Are you sure your child didn’t play with your laptop when you accidentally dozed off? Because even this half-finished report looks like a kid’s work.”

Yerin is already getting ready to leave, successfully finishing her first day of work. The thought of the woman she met a few hours ago lingers in her mind but she kept a straight face and focused on her work as much as she can. On the other hand, she could hear Kyungsoo’s very stern voice from the hallway. “You hear that son of a ?” Junsoo turned to her while chuckling. He watched as she gathered her stuff from her little desk in his office, it has a little partition for privacy but she’s still quite exposed to him no matter what. That’s why any kind of stare from the guy will not be left unnoticed. “Hmm, he must have had a long day.” Yerin safely responded with a small chuckle.

“Well, you Miss.” Junsoo stood up and walked towards her desk. “Had a long day. Great work today. I must say, you got some balls on you when you corrected me in that one thing while I was doing your orientation. Normally, I’d feel emasculated but. . . for some reasons, you looked cool right there.” His compliment seemed genuine and Yerin almost fell for it until she felt his strong hand touched her on the back, it was threatening to go lower if she didn’t move away to twirl. “Uh—thank you, sir. I didn’t mean to correct you like that, I was just like—you know—I suddenly remembered it during my training in my former work and it was more like, I accidentally blurted it out.” She fake-laughed while clutching hard on the strap of her purse close to her body.

She has been through this.

Quite a lot, in fact.

She even had one manager before in a café whom asked if she was willing to have a one-time thing with him to keep her job. She basically just ignored his threats because she knew she was a good worker and there was no way the café owner would fire her for any bull reason the manager might falsely give.

That and etcetera.

“Can you just get out of my face? How do you expect me to move on with the project with this unfinished report? You want me to finish it for you?”

Junsoo and Yerin couldn’t help but turn as the sternness from the boss continues. “Tell me if he ever screams at you like that. He might be our boss but he’s not allowed to do you like that, you’re still mine. Alright?” Junsoo then patted her back before walking back to his table. “You may go now. Thank you for today, Yerin.” The man winked at her before looking back down to his computer to continue working. Yerin bid goodbye to him before stepping out of their shared office. Right away, she spotted Kyungsoo standing right in front of his office while glaring at the guy who must be the one getting all the screams. To her surprise, his eyes move immediately towards her direction and his stiffened shoulders loosened up. He ran his fingers through his hair, still fumed. “What are you looking at there?” He asked making Yerin flinch in fear as if she has never gotten that stare from him before. The poor employee turned to Yerin with a pout. “I’m sorry.” He mouthed and bowed, seemingly apologizing for the fuss that they’ve caused.

Yerin brightly smiled and walked up to him. “I’m sure you worked hard, hm? I’m Kwon Yerin by the way, it’s my first day here.” She cheered him up even if she hasn’t fully known him yet. All she knows is that he works in the same department as she does. “Hi, I’m Kang Sunwoo, I’m one of the lead creators. This is my first report for him, I started here only three months ago and I never expected to be nitpicked this much by him. To be honest, this isn’t half finished. Only thing I missed doing that he asked is the production chart for the last two months. Everything else is here, I don’t know why he didn’t see it. Do you see how thick this report is, what is half-finished in there, right?” The man explained, completely handing the folder to Yerin. “Oh really? Is he just being cranky?” She chuckled before looking into the folder.

When she started looking into it, she got it right away.

Kyungsoo prefers everything straight-to-the-point and this report is branching off to a lot of unnecessary things that he missed to actually focus on the important sections. It’s also not quite organized as she noticed and she knows Kyungsoo is very organized. “Kyungsoo is a very organized person and he has bad eye-sight so he prefers to read things shorter and straight-to-the-point so he doesn’t have to look for things.” Yerin blurted out, unintentionally and effortlessly. Sunwoo blinked in confusion. “I thought it’s your first day here? And also, you might want to refrain from calling him by his name, that’s kind of. . . inappropriate.” He calmly reprimanded making Yerin gasp a little, realizing what she just did.

“Uh—the—actually, Manager Kim talked to me a lot about CEO today, I just—ugh, what am I saying, you’re right, that’s so rude of me. He just kept on calling CEO by his name while telling me stuff about him and I guess I just lost it for a while, I just literally got out of the office, that’s why. I’m sorry.” Yerin laughed awkwardly while scratching her neck. “Oh, really?” Sunwoo laughed along while nodding. “Hm, I should follow your advice then, wow I can’t believe I just made it harder for myself. Thank you, Miss Yerin. Oh, and welcome to Avantgarde.” The man politely tapped her on the arm before walking away.

As soon as the coast was clear, Yerin peeked right in the frosted glass of the door. If you put your face close enough, it would actually turn pretty clear to see what’s inside. To her surprise, Kyungsoo’s blurry face was right across the door and he does not look happy. She backed away immediately while giggling in fear. The door swung open and Kyungsoo folded his arms to give her the most intimidating look possible. “I was just t-trying to help your troubled employee, I uh. . . I’m sorry, sir.” She bowed immediately while looking around. There were a very few employees walking by here and there but no once seems to be willing to help and take her away from the situation she got herself into. “I see you talked to Junsoo a lot today.” He finally spoke. “I-I was making an excuse; you must know that. . .” Yerin muffled ever so faintly while carefully scanning the place.

Kyungsoo was about to speak when Yerin’s phone rang.

She apologetically bowed before answering. “Oh, Baekhyun.” As soon as Kyungsoo heard the name, disappointment flowed into his chest and down to his hand that immediately caused him to slam the door shut to her face. Yerin flinched because of the impact. “By the way, thank you for driving Inyoung home. I told you, her father and I have a driver we hired for instances like this. I recently talked to him that he might need to do that every day of the week now. Good thing you told me earlier, I was able to let the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter