The Lock Down

Love In Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

They say communication is key to a harmonious relationship. . .

Well, they at knowing there’s a key, first of all. Let alone find it at the moment.

“What do you mean you had to do something about it—I told you that I will ask some friends. Or anyone I can trus—”

“Well I waited until late last night, you didn’t tell me anything. So, I had to do something.”

“I understand that she knows about us now but Baekhyun is someone I can trust more. What does she know about babysitting at all? Baekhyun is a much better choice.”

“No, you text him right now and tell him we found someone better to babysit Inyoung. Soyoung loves children and for your information, she has a lot more genuine care about children than Baekhyun who gets paid to do it, that’s why he has to care.”

“I don’t even know Soyoung that much yet, how can I just leave my daughter to her! You text her and say we found someone else!”

“You know I don’t like Baekhyun, why would you go that road?”

“What did he ever do to you anyway?!”

Ding dong.

Two pairs of angry eyes finally ended the aggressive eye-contact when the doorbell rang. “We stick to Baekhyun, I tell you. He knows Inyoung more. Like why would you even trust our child to your ex-fiancee? That’s weird. You’re weird.” Yerin grunted as she stomped her feet towards the door. “Hold up—I don’t even consider her as an ex-fiancee at all—can you not bring that up?” Kyungsoo followed out of the kitchen and just the right time that the front door opened.  It was Gong Soyoung. Kyungsoo immediately rushed towards them and raised his hand up like a polite student. “I got dibs, mine came first. Text him now.” He said with authority earning a really bad glare from Yerin.  

She then tried her best to smile as she turned to Soyoung again. “Hi, Miss Gong—oh wow, what are those?” She asked in surprise to see Soyoung holding a bunch of shopping bags. “I got Inyoung a lot of toys and cute costumes so we could play, I also got some educational and fun movies and interactive DVD’s that we can watch together. These are all hers now. They’re gifts.” Soyoung explained the story of each and every bag, excitement filling the gap between them which is the opened front door.

“Wow, that’s—that’s so sweet of you.” Yerin laughed, her heart actually melted of that thoughtful act from her. But still, she still didn’t know if she could trust a clueless heiress to take care of her daughter. She took her phone out, defeated. “Please come on in.” She walked into the house again to leave Kyungsoo to tend to the new guest. “Ugh” Yerin called Baekhyun’s phone immediately to cancel the babysitting. As much as she wanted him more, Soyoung is already here and she’s being so sweet and kind about this whole babysitting thing.

“Hello? Present, ma’am.”

Yerin cursed in frustration when she heard his echoey voice along with his actual voice a few meters away. She turned around and saw Kyungsoo standing there, about to close the door but Baekhyun just arrived in time before he could do so. Soyoung on the other hand already walked into the living room not being aware of the commotion that is about to happen now that both designated babysitters are present resulting from a poor communication between two parents.

“Hey, what’s up?” Baekhyun stepped in with no worries as he bowed to Kyungsoo who just stood there in silence, not knowing what to do now at this point. Just as he arrived at the living room, his eyes landed on Soyoung who’s standing and looking around the house. “Oh, hello.” As politely and distantly as he could be, Baekhyun greeted her and bowed. “Uh. . . Baekhyun, Miss Gong. So, we have a situation here.” Yerin then rushed to them while Kyungsoo just followed while rolling his eyes.

Before Yerin could explain, Inyoung came out of the room while holding her elephant plushie. “Oh? Mr. Byun and his pretty friend, hi! Remember me? My name is Kwon Inyoung!” The child rushed to hug Baekhyun before waving at Soyoung. “Pretty friend—huh?” Kyungsoo asked, a curious frown building up on his face. Soyoung looked at them in panic before giggling. “Uh—that’s not. . . important right now—Anyway, hi Inyoung! My name is Soyoung and I’m here to hang out and play cause I am bored at home, you know? Look at these, I have so much toys here. Hm, where could I put it, you think?” She beamed to hide the need to explain what the kid meant.

Baekhyun remained silent while smiling knowingly. “So, Baekhyun. Uhm. . .” Yerin clapped her hands to get their attention again. Inyoung on the other hand rushed to Soyoung and the toys, of course. “We appreciate you coming but there has been a miscommunication, Soyoung here will babysit Inyoung while we’re gone for work.” Kyungsoo intervened before Yerin could even explain it herself. Baekhyun tilted his head in a bothered way while chuckling. “Uhh—I don’t think that’s a fair idea, I’m sorry. I just. . . I don’t think Miss Soyoung knows how to take care of children. I get that she loves them and does charities but still, it’s different from actual babysitting.” Baekhyun explained making Soyoung stand straight again and glare.

“Wait.” Yerin put her hands up in frustration. “Do you know her? Why do you—” She paused and turned away from Baekhyun to look at Soyoung instead. “Miss Gong, do you know each other? Because you guys have been giving each other the looks as if you know each other but I just can’t figure out how it is possible?”

The two other adults remained silent while avoiding each other’s eyes. “Okay, this is—” Kyungsoo, not wanting to deal with it any long, grabbed Yerin by the wrist and dragged her into his room. “What—hey, what the hell, Kyungsoo.” Yerin muffled in panic, feeling her face burning by the sensation of his touch. Once they were in and the door closed, Kyungsoo stood there, his eyes darted straight to her as she leaned by the door. “We’re gunna be gone the whole day, Kyungsoo. Baekhytun is right, as much as I appreciate the gifts and all, that’s not what’s babysitting is all about. She actually needs to tend to Inyoung and her needs. Does she even know how to cook? Baekhyun knows how to cook.” Yerin spoke first just so she could get over the fact that he just dragged her into his room again, holding her and being so close to her.

“Well then, if you’re so worried about that, you could have cooked something first and so they can just heat it up.” The man argued back.

Yerin laughed while looking up. “See? So here I am, all calm and worry-free because I know Baekhyun actually knows how to take care of a child. I’m so cool about him that I don’t even think of having to prepare meals for them before I leave. That’s why he’s a better fit.” She scoffed and snapped her fingers like a diva. “Are you doing this on purpose? We both know how much I dislike Baekhyun. You just keep doing it like you’re enjoying it.” Kyungsoo grunted softly, he didn’t need to speak so loudly as his body got closer to hers. Yerin gulped while blinking faster than normal. “W-why do you even feel that way about him at all? I don’t understand anymore, he never did something wroing.” She sighed, obviously worn out because of arguing about the same thing so many times.

“He almost dated you.”

Another scoff came out of Yerin. “Well, you almost married the woman so I am not comfortable with her no matter how nice she is, just like how you feel about Baekhyun who’s also very nice, right? I mean, it’s so unfair that only I need to adjust. Whatever you may be feeling towards Baekhyun, I feel towards Gong Soyoung too.” She argued back and that’s when Kyungsoo went silent for a brief moment. However, a smile slowly formed on his lips that turned into a sarcastic laugh while he looks away. “What?” Yerin asked in panic, worried that she said something very wrong that could get her in real trouble. Finally, Kyungsoo looked down to her again. His eyes travelled down her lips, her nose before meeting her eyes again.

“You mean jealousy?”

Yerin stood there motionless. Her knuckles already turning white as she closed her hands tightly along the hem of her skirt. Kyungsoo’s shoulders slowly loosens up as he looked at her very red cheeks and the way she bit her bottom lip out of panic and surprise. “Please don’t look like that.” He mumbled weakly. He’s afraid that he’s going to end up doing something he’s not very prepared to do yet. “L-look like what?” Yerin whispered back, her hot breath hitting Kyungsoo’s chin and almost down his neck giving him goosebumps. Beautiful. Gorgeous. Amazing. y. There are so much words he could be saying out loud right now but he couldn’t. The frustration builds up in him, literally, as they remained in such close proximity. To his surprise, it was Yerin who moved closer, her hand carefully and gently resting on his chest as if she’s planning to do something that he’s trying not to do.

But that was all until there was a knock on the door.

“Eomma, Appa? Can I really play with the toys Miss Gong brought? I’m shy. . .”

Immediately, their bodies stepped away from each other as they both looked the other way. Yerin turned around and opened the door. “Hey, sweetie. Uh—wait.” Yerin grabbed Inyoung’s hand and walked out leaving Kyungsoo in the room. “Ugh---.” Kyungsoo closed the door and leaned on it as he breathed heavily. He could feel the heat that’s already building up all over his body. What was that? What was about to happen? It felt real. It was real. She touched him on the chest, she moved closer. . . they were going to kiss, right? Was he overthinking it?

He almost thought he hallucinated.

He eventually got back to his sense, although barely, and went out of the room. When he arrived at the living room, Yerin was already talking to both Baekhyun and Soyoung as they stood side by side. Inyoung on the other hand isn’t in the living room, she went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter