The Drama

Love In Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What’s wrong with you, Oppa?”

Turning to his sister, Baekhyun responded with a confused smile before proceeding to stir the stew he’s making. “You seem different and I don’t know what it is.” The teenager beams as she walks towards the fridge. “Probably dating some chic. That or he’s doing drugs.” Juhyun then got in to snatch the bottle of water Sohyun just grabbed. “Wha—hey! Get your own, .” She fought back and attempted to grab the bottle back. Baekhyun only shook his head while glancing at them. “You guys, tone it down and just wait in the table. I’m almost done here.” He lectured like the usual but in a less angry way, he just couldn’t seem to be in a bad mood right now.

It’s been a long damn time since he’s been in this constant bliss.

Are they dating now? Would he call it dating exclusively? Neither one of them had addressed it in such way. Yes, they called that one night a date and they’re obviously flirting every chance they could get but still, are they dating now? They haven’t even given a single hint to Inyoung and he’s honestly worried about it. Sure, the kid likes him but he’s not sure if she would like him as her mother’s boyfriend.

“What happened to no dating forever and ever, I remember you saying that once or twice.” Juhyun then further dug into the gossip he started. “I did not say it like that, c’mon.” Baekhyun argued, he really did not say it exactly like that but he basically did mean it that way. “So, you are really dating then? Oppa, I’m not even done high school yet and you’re going to leave us if this gets serious. I bet you are if you fall head over heels, just like Eomma. You two are the closest so I know you’re going to be similar. You know we only have you, right?” Sohyun then joined in and that’s when Baekhyun finally lost his smile.

Juhyun tapped the young lady on the arm to shut her up. “Yah, let the man get laid, will you? Just shut up. If you’re not making any money, you’re not making any comments. Zip it.” He glanced at Baekhyun to see his reaction before glaring back at Sohyun. “Oppa, you understand my concern, right? I’m not stopping you from settling in with someone but seriously, Juhyun Oppa and I can’t go anywhere until we’re all settled ourselves.” Sohyun ignored the other brother and just focused on getting to talk to Baekhyun about the matter.

“You’re thinking too much, Sohyun.” Baekhyun tried to answer but his voice came out rather weak. He was starting to get really anxious again and he hasn’t felt that in a while until tonight. “No, I’m not. You’re in that age where once you find someone good, you’re gunna want to settle. Then where does that leave us? Juhyun Oppa is jobless and I doubt he’s gunna find a good job anytime soon and I have so many school bills and I want to go to this really good university that my friends will go to. How do we handle all of that with you already finding a potential wife, spending your money on some girl when we can use it in our family instead?” Sohyun lectured him as if she’s older, way older.

She then stood up and went closer to the silent man. “Oppa, you’re really scaring me. Please, don’t leave us. I-I’m not ready yet, I swear. If you want me to study better, I will, but don’t fall in love and leave. Please.” She started crying and Baekhyun immediately wrapped an arm around her and knocked his fist on her cheeks ever so lightly. “Silly, what are you panicking for? I’m not dating anyone, you’re too gullible.” He assured her while faking a smile. Sohyun buried her face on Baekhyun’s chest and continued crying and he could feel her whole body shaking.

He can feel her trauma through her words and through her reaction.

He glanced at Juhyun who was just shaking his head while watching. He dragged her gently into her bedroom to calm her down. “Here, sit.” He pushed her down the edge of her bed before kneeling in front of her. “Look, I get what you mean. You said things in a really savage way but. . . I get it. You know—” He sighed while thinking it over first before saying. “—don’t you think it’s time for you to visit Eomma? Talk to her, just. . . just see how she’s been doing. I’m sure she misses you, she mentions you and Juhyun all the time.” He suggested hoping it would help Sohyun’s rebelling.

“Come on, Oppa. She’s crazy, how would she know us? I don’t want to.” The young lady immediately declined the offer and looked away. She wiped her tears in between sobs. “If you keep pushing it, it means you’re really dating and planning to abandon us soon.” Baekhyun sighed and eventually gave up. “I don’t know what to tell you anymore. Think what you want to think.” He walked out of the room and went back to the kitchen where Juhyun is already serving the bowl of stew down the table. “Are you?” The boy simply asked softly before taking a seat.

Baekhyun took his usual spot on the table and sighed. “I g-guess not.” He looked down to his empty bowl, looking at his blurry reflection.

 

“I told my cousin about you. He owns a café so maybe you could try that out. It’s pretty close to you so that should be good.”

Yerin sighed while nodding at her friend, Nuri. They decided to meet up for coffee and talk about the recent lay-off. “Actually, okay. . . Uhm—before anything else, just don’t go crazy and make a scene—I haven’t made a decision yet—but Kyungsoo actually offered me a job.” She managed to finish her news before looking away, feeling very awkward for revealing it. She herself couldn’t believe what just happened. “Excuse me? THE Kyungsoo? THE Do Kyungsoo?” Nuri interrogated with her ever-so-wide eyes.

“Okay, tone it down. We’re literally so close to one of his offices right now, don’t just say his name like that.” Yerin mumbled while looking around. Nuri look around while blinking. “Oh really, which one?” She asked, completely forgetting that she was initially shaken by the news. Yerin looked around outside the glass windows. “Their Home & Living store, Avantgarde. I think if you go west, like a three-minute drive from here.” She answered while nibbling with her bottom lips.

“Oh my god, they own that too? That’s where I bought my armchair, you know, the reclining one that has a cute little cup holder on both sides.” Nuri beamed in surprise. Yerin gave her a not-so-amused expression to remind her abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter