Chapter 8

Until It's Gone

Taking Junmyeon's advice, Eunsun & Kyungsoo make a detour to the DJ booth, before following after their friends. The lights are dimmed before they even make it to the door, and the music can be heard even after they're several feet away from the ballroom.

The couple doesn't have to walk long to catch up with the group as just several feet from what looks to be an entryway leading to the outdoor garden, there's a crowd gathered around.

The luxurious hotel maintains their gardens quite well, and Sehun doesn't waste time at asking his crush out. They don't even need to guess the answer, when the new couple lock lips right out in the open.

"I got the whole thing on video." Haera beams, showing the group the high quality video she recorded.

"Even if you didn't, the hotel has excellent CCTV recordings." Jongin mumbles, failing to see the smile on Haera's face fall.

"How does it feel watching your soon-to-be husband propose to someone else, Fugly." Baekhyun mocks, swinging an arm around her shoulder.

"Don't touch her." Suhyun scowls, pulling the arm off the female.

"Don't talk to her either. In fact, stay a minimum of 5 meters away from her." Junmyeon growls,

"Ge. Myeon."

"I'll beat him up when he returns home tonight. I'll break his arm, so he'll have to go around with a cast as well." Suhyun tries to console Eunhui, patting her hair. 

"I'll help." Junmyeon adds, while Suhyun swings his arm around her neck.

Their words bring out a loud laugh from the short girl walking between them. "Guys, I really am fine. I don't care what someone insignificant calls me or what they think of me. Don't waste your energy on specks of dust, they're bound to fly away." Eunhui laughs, ignoring the gasps and stuttering from the people walking behind them.

"Let's go inside, I have to introduce you guys to Sooyoung." She squeals, practically dragging the two back inside.


"Meet Sooyoung, my first friend here. She's been with me since day one of classes." Eunhui beams, looping her arms with said girl, while Chanyeol, Tao and Jongdae grin at the two women. The two males politely greet Sooyoung, before they turn to the familiar face beside her.

"Jongdae, how are you?" Junmyeon greets, "What are you doing here?" Suhyun asks,

"He's substituting for one of the professor's in the business department."

"Such an overachiever." Junmyeon teases.

"Stop teasing him and go greet your parents." Eunhui points to the Oh elders chatting with another family.

Suhyun pulls Eunhui, Jongdae and Junmyeon along with him and heading over to the greet the elders.


To Junmyeon's surprise, his mother takes to his sudden appearance quite well. Her husband also welcomes him and though initially hesitant, Junmyeon agrees to spend a few days of his trip staying with the Doh family.

Suhyun is welcomed with hugs and tears from the women in his family, Mrs.Oh refuses to release him even after a 10 minute hug. The elders aren't surprised when they find out about his and Eunhui's friendship. They're more shocked seeing her after almost two weeks with another broken limb.

When Sehun returns from his happiness bubble, he's overjoyed seeing his older brother, but the taller male doesn't bother greeting him beyond a simple nod, before turning his attention back to his conversation with Eunhui and their friends.

"Why is Hyung talking to the nerd?" Sehun demands, turning up to his friends.

"Apparently they're best friends." Eunsun answers, returning to her conversation with Haera.

"What?" Sehun is dumbfounded, observing his brother chuckle and laugh along with the nerd.

"And that's my older brother." Jongin shocks him, pointing to the shorter male on the other side of the nerd.

"He knows her too." Sehun turns to his best friend.

"I think he more than knows her." Jongin points once again. They notice Jongin's brother softly smile at Eunhui, he doesn't even look away when she turns to tell him something, just continuing to smile at her.

"Uhh, fu- Nope. Doesn't matter." They see Baekhyun muttering, shaking his head before turning to his plate of canapes.

"What happened to him?" Sehun asks the group.

"Eunhui. She basically said she's not affected by her Fugly nickname, since we're insignificant in her eyes. She called us specks of dust. He seems to have taken it hard." Jongin snickers, watching Baekhyun attempt to calm himself down. The narcissistic nature of his can't tolerate being snuffed off by someone who's not anywhere close to his level.

"She has some courage. Don't worry hyung, I'll teach her a good lesson." Sehun smirks, already thinking of his next grand plan.

"Sehun, don't you think it's time to stop being immature." Kyungsoo advices, but the two prideful males shrug him off.

"Idiots." Kyungsoo shakes his head, leaving the table to go talk to someone with actual brains, since his girlfriend is too busy grilling Sehun's new girlfriend.


"She's not that pretty." Suhyun fibs, trying to get Eunhui in a better mood, but the latter shoots him a deadpan look.

"Fine." Suhyun mumbles.

"It's fine, ge. It's only natural for two good-looking people to gravitate towards each other. It's just upsetting." Eunhui sighs, downing her glass of champagne in one shot. Suhyun heads over to the buffet to gather some food for them, along with Jongdae.

"Hey, at least you get to see your family soon?" Jun diverts her attention, the smile on her face tells him, it successfully worked.

"I know. I can't wait. I miss grandma and her dumplings. Uhh. It's been too long." Eunhui moans, just at the thought of home-cooked meals.

"Maybe I should visit Nai Nai next time I stop by." Myeon smiles,

"Hi nerd." Sehun comes to stand beside Eunhui, draping a heavy arm around her shoulder.

Junmyeon gives him a scornful look, "Y-"

"Myeon." Eunhui shakes her head at the older male, before turning to her to-be-fiancee.

"What?" She bluntly asks,

"Nerd grew some courage." Sehun smirks, raising his eyebrows. "Does it have something to do with lover boy here?" He scoffs,

"Not everyone is like you Sehun. Some people do respect contracts and family." She sasses, removing his arm from her shoulder.

"If you already have lover boy here, why don't you go tell your family?" Sehun asks,

"I've never meet anyone as ignorant as you? I understand Oh Suhyun takes care of the business, but shouldn't you make an effort to read the contract that concerns your future?" She spits, shaking her head at the taller male, before dragging Junmyeon to join Jongdae and Suhyun at the dessert table.


"OMG. Guys you won't believe this." Haera runs up to their table. Somehow everyone ended up at Eunhui and Sooyoung's table.

"What?" Chanyeol asks, turning to give his sister his full attention.

"Xiumin Kim is here. Like he's actually here. Minji and I heard the receptionist" She squeals, jumping up and down.

"Please don't go around spreading that. My cousin likes his privacy." Junmyeon frowns at the two.

"You're related to Xiumin Kim?"

Myeon simply nods,

"Does that mean you're related to the Lu's?" Minji asks excitedly.

"Auntie is the younger sister of CEO Lu. We're related by marriage." Myeon explains.

"I didn't know that." Jongin says, but the older male shrugs.

"Can we move on already?" Sehun huffs,

"Sehun, we're talking about KCAT and Lu Group." His girlfriend pouts, but the male is really not interested in talking about business.

"I don't really care." He shrugs apologetically, just as Eunhui walks back to the table followed by Suhyun.

"What are your plans for winter break?" Sooyoung asks Eunhui.

"I'm going home." Eunhui beams, slightly jumping in her seat.

"You're going to Daegu?" Chanyeol asks, but the girl gives him a confused look.

"Daegu?" She asks him,

"Why would she be going to Daegu?" Suhyun turns to her,

"Sehun said that's where you're from." Chanyeol points to the youngest male.

"Sehun needs to get a proper PI." Eunhui mumbles under her nose.

"I asked if you're the Lee from Daegu and you said yes." The male defends himself,

"I don't remember."

"Then what Lee's are you associated with? I did my resea-"

"Kids, we're heading home. Eunhui dear, come back soon, your grandfather is going to kill me when he finds out I let his precious grand-daughter get hurt on my watch." Grandpa Oh interrupts the group.

"I'll head back soon grandpa. Rest well." She smiles, politely greeting the elders,

"We'll be seeing you tomorrow, that's good. " Myeon smiles, remembering the Doh family planning to have dinner with the Oh's.

"Even if you weren't coming for dinner, I was going to drag you out for lunch. Tao introduced me to this amazing fusion restaurant, we have to go." Hui excitedly informs them.

"Why am I not surprised?" Suhyun teases, Eunhui pouts while smacking his arm, the male backs off, going back to his conversation with Jongdae.

"How much longer do you have to continue wearing these?" Myeon asks, turning her towards him to push her glasses up her nose.

She attempts to fix his hair, "Until they're sure I haven't damaged my eyes. It would have been sooner, but due to the concussion, I'm not sure how long I'll have to keep wearing them."

"Do you want me to set you an appointment, we can fly Dr. Stone out." Myeon offers, gently cupping her cheek, the two fail to notice the attention on them.

"I'm flying home soon. There's no point in getting Dr. Stone over." She pats his hand on her face. Her phone ringing allows her to leave the table.

"You guys speak good English." Minji smiles coyly at Junmyeon.

Rolling his eyes, "Well duh, we've been speaking the language since the day we were born."

"Junmyeon-ssi. I don't think Minji speaks English." Sooyoung tries to hide the smile on her face, but fails miserably.

"I don't see how that's a laughing matter." Sehun defends his sulking girlfriend.

"It wouldn't be, if she never had the opportunity to learn. But your girlfriend and I have been in the same classes since elementary school. If she had paid more attention to studying, she wouldn't be embarrassing herself."


"Sehun, I'm tagging along with you." Suhyun informs his brother as the group head to the garage. 

Sehun glares at his older brother, signaling at his girlfriend, but the taller ignores it as he calls Eunsun to join them, rather than having her boyfriend make an additional stop.

"Hyung, I have to drop Minji off." Sehun grinds, hoping he'll will take the hint.

"I thought she came with the Parks?" His elder brother raises an eyebrow,

"We'll drop her off." Chanyeol interjects,

"Thank you, Yeol. I'll treat you guys to dinner soon." The eldest says, waiting for everyone to drive off.

"E, I'll pick you up tomorrow." Suhyun calls out, the former is getting into the car with Sooyoung, Jongdae and Tao.

"I'll text you when I'm done." She yells back, before shutting the door as Jongdae starts the car.


 "I'm disappointed with you Sehun." Suhyun starts as soon as they get on the highway. Sehun & Sun keep quiet, waiting for the oldest to continue.

"Eunhui is one of my close friends and so is her brother. For the past several months, I've been hearing how much, the immature fool she's been arranged to has been bullying her. Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is, that it's my own siblings who are the culprits." Suhyun scolds,

"Embarrassing. I'm engaged to that ugly nerd. I'm the one who's embarrassed for her. The audacity that ugly duckling has to think she can marry me." Sehun sneers,

"Do Not speak about Eunhui in that manner." Suhyun snaps.

Eunsun looks conflicted watching her brothers,

The older brother doesn't give the younger a chance to speak, "If you are unhappy with this arrangement, go to the elders. Go and tell Grandpa, you can't make it work with her. Don't string her and the families along as you see other girls on the side."

"Why can't she?" Sehun chides,

"Have you tried, I don't know, asking her? Have you asked her why, she agreed to marry someone she's never meet or spoken to? Before you form a judgement on anyone, try to get to know them beforehand." Suhyun advices, "And before you call someone ugly, try to look past their outer appearances, because those can be quite deceiving."

Sehun refuses to argue back to his brother, letting the silence dominate for the rest of the drive back home.


"Your Korean is improving." Suhyun teases Hui. The younger is seated on the countertop, while he attempts to help out with dinner.

"The same can't be said about your cooking skills." She retorts, laughing watching him try to check the dumplings.

"Wow, I never thought I would see this day." Mrs. Oh jokes, standing at the doorway.

"Mom." Suhyun looks relieved as the lady makes her way to them.

"Auntie." Hui greets, watching the elder observe the mess around the kitchen and on her son himself.

"I know, I know, it's messy. But I'll clean it all up. I promise." Suhyun defends,

"I told him Auntie, but he refuses to listen to me." Hui mocks, sticking her tongue out when he glares at her.

"I'm much better compared to you." Suhyun argues,

"True. I'm not much help in the kitchen." Hui accepts, nodding her head, accidentally getting flour on him.

"You." Suhyun jumps at her, but the girl quickly hops away, running out of the kitchen, while the tall male chases after her.

Their chase is cut short, when Hui crashes against a sturdy chest and is about to fall, but strong arms wrap around her waist and she's saved from what could have been another trip to the hospital.

"Myeon." Hui greets, beaming at her saviour.

"Don't let go of her." Suhyun yells, startling the pair, watching a flour doused Suhyun run towards them.

"Myeon let's go or you're going to end up just like him." Hui chuckles, running away again. Soon the three are running around the house while the Doh and Oh family watch the scene amused.

"I think this is the first time I'm seeing Eunhui smile this bright." Grandma Oh comments, watching the three kids run around the room.


After dinner, the youngsters find themselves hanging out in the game room. Eunsun and Kyungsoo are huddled in the corner, while Sehun and Jongin occupy themselves with billiards. Leaving Suhyun, Junmyeon and Eunhui playing video games. Sehun laughs when he sees Eunhui attempting to hold the controller, since she still has a sling on her left arm.

"Continue laughing and you'll find yourself in one as well." Suhyun warns his younger brother.

"Hyung, why are you taking her side. I'm your brother, not this fugly nerd." Sehun whines, turning to glare at the the thorn.

"If I were you, I would turn away now." Junmyeon comments,

"You guys can continue your staring contest, while I beat your as*es. Or you can focus on playing and I'll still whip your a*s." Eunhui says, going through the different characters on the screen.

The music playing is soon forgotten, when the three people start yelling and cussing, trying their best to avoid being killed. An hour later, Eunhui is one of the only players alive in the game. Suhyun was the first to be killed, and Junmyeon managed to last another 30 minutes, before he was killed.

"Jerk." Eunhui yells frustrated, ripping her headphones off.

"Just admit defeat. I'm unbeatable." A familiar voice echoes through the room, successfully stopping all conversation as all attention falls on the screen. Jongin and Sehun smirk when they realize who the player is and Jongin pulls his phone out to record the scene.

"We'll see." On the screen, player UnBaekableKing506 stands exactly at the spot Eunhui wanted him.

"Bullseye" She smirks, before pressing a button on her controller and on screen, several bullets are fired and the character falls down.

"What the fu*k." The voice starts yelling, while Sehun and Jongin themselves are shocked as Baekhyun is truly the Unbeatable. He's never ever lost a single game ever since he started playing. However, on the other hand, Junmyeon and Suhyun don't look shocked what so ever, as they know how good of a player Eunhui is.

"That was amazing. I haven't felt this good, since I moved here." Hui happily chirps, doing a little victory dance, even if it looks weird with her sling.

"What cheat code did you use?" Jongin can't stop himself from asking.

"I never cheat. The idiot was too proud of his skills, he forgot to check his surroundings." She shakes her head, chuckling to herself, "The first rule to any game, is to learn as much about it as possible. And I think that can be applied to contracts as well." She gives Sehun a long look, before turning to back to her friends.

Jongin sends the video to their group chat and 15 minutes later, there's no response from the UnBaekableking, though the video was seen, multpile times.