Chapter 13

Until It's Gone

"What's your problem?" Baekhyun chides, annoyed at the youngest brat.

"My final routine is stressing me out." Sehun says, They're gathered at Baekhyun's place, Sehun managing to get on everyone's nerves within the first hour.

"I've seen you stressed before, this is something else."

"Hyung, do you think Minji is the one for me?" Sehun voices, He notices his friend tense at the question and huffs already knowing the answer.

"Everyone keeps telling me she's not the one for me and I want to agree, but she's my singing angel. I still listen to her recording when I have trouble falling asleep." Sehun reveals,

"Sehun, You're never one to listen to others. If I tell you something, you're going to fit it to your terms. You know deep down that Minji and you won't work out in the long run, which is why you're unconsciously keeping her at arms length." Baekhyun tells him.

"Well, if Minji is not the one for me, then who? Fu*ly?" Sehun scowls,

"I'm not even sure at this point Sehun. I mean the last few months, I've gotten to know her and she's actually a really fun person to be around. I can see why people get attached to her." Baekhyun tells him,

"I can't believe this." Sehun shakes his head, leaving the room to try and find the rest of his friends.

"Where's Jongin?" Sehun asks,

"He got a call and left." Chanyeol answers, watching over Kyungsoo cooking.


"Will you okay?" Grandma Oh worries.

The Oh family is heading out for Suhyun's birthday celebration, while Eunhui is going to be spending the week with her cousins.

"I'll be perfectly fine, grandma. Just make sure to have a good time and enjoy." She wishes.

"Have a great birthday." She whispers, tightly hugging her friend, before joining Junmyeon as they watch the Oh family walk into the airport.

"What do you want to do?" Junmyeon asks, leading Eunhui to his car.


"It's you, isn't it?" Minji corners Eunhui, as the girl is walking out of the restroom.

"What are you talking about?" Eunhui asks,

"You're Sehun's rumored fiancee." Minji says,

Eunhui chuckles, "You honestly think Sehun would ever consider marrying me? Honey, what kind of man would want to downgrade. Be realistic." Eunhui says, seeing the girl fall for her words, before she slowly backs away.

"I wanted to surprise him at the airport before they were leaving, but when I got there I saw his family hugging you and everything, so I just assumed." Minji mumbles,

"My grandpa is good friends with Sehun's grandfather and when they found out I was moving to Seoul, they wanted me to stay with the Oh's, so that I had someone watching out for me." Eunhui tells her, Minji nods.

"Right. I knew there had to be a valid reason. I mean, who in their right mind would choose you." Minji chuckles to herself, skipping away.

"What did she want?" Sooyoung asks, seeing Minji leave the cafe.

"She saw me at the airport with the Oh's and figured out the situation. But I lied to her and basically inflated her ego, and she fell for it." Eunhui shrugs,

"I don't like her, I'm glad you'll be the one marrying Sehun." Tao says, failing to notice the two women share a look.


"You bi*ch, you lied to me. You are the one he's going to marry." Minji yells, pushing Hui from behind, causing the girl to fall, scarping her arm.

"Why are you taking your anger out on me? Go to your boyfriend and cry to him." Eunhui tells her, dusting off her clothes.

"You." Minji attempts to slap her, but Eunhui grabs her hand, stopping her.

"I don't tolerate unknown losers touching me." Eunhui warns, gathering her stuff and hurrying to get to class. Luck is not on her side as Kang has already started the lecture, and once again after weeks of good behavior, Eunhui manages to get back under Kang's radar.


For the rest of the week, Minji makes it her life's mission to hurt  Eunhui, getting her friends to join her as well. Eunhui tries her best to fight against them, but numbers always win as she's fighting a group of more than 4.

Sooyoung is furious when she finds Eunhui in the bathroom, hurrying to clean her wounds and cover the bruises left on her from the latest attack.

"I knew something was wrong." Sooyoung yells, pulling Eunhui to stand in front of her.

"I noticed the blood on your jeans yesterday, but I forgot to ask about it during lecture." Sooyoung adds, slapping Hui's hands away, to check for other injuries.

"We're going to the nurse and then we're going to administration. Who ever has done this needs to stop." Sooyoung fumes, even as they're seated in the clinic.

Sooyoung steps out of the clinic, returning once the nurse has finished giving Eunhui instructions on after care wounds. None of her injuries are visible, as the girls made sure to hit spots that were covered.

"Who was it?" Sooyoung asks, but Eunhui shakes her head, knowing if she reveals the names, Sooyoung will make it her mission to get revenge on them.

"What do you mean hurt?" Jongdae yells, running into the clinic followed by Junmyeon. The two are panting, hurrying to catch their breaths, so they can interrogate the victim.

"Someone has been bullying her. She has huge bruises on her tummy and back and I'm sure her knee and elbows have been scraped. I remember seeing blood stains on her jeans yesterday and on Tuesday, I noticed she kept wincing when she had to move her elbow."

Before the words even leave , Jongdae and Junmyeon are over her, with Jongdae lifting her top, revealing her back to confirm the bruises, anger taking over his expression when Jumyeon shows the nasty wound on her elbow.

"Sooyoung, do you mind?" Jongdae asks, handing her his phone. Even as the victim protests, the three manage to take shots of her injuries.

"Jongdae, can you please not make it a big deal? I'm scared of what will happen once this goes out." Hui pleads with them,

"They're hurting you, E." Jumyeon scolds her,

"I know, but I really don't want to make it a big deal." Hui tells them.

"No. We let this go on with Sehun and his friends, but not anymore." Jongdae fumes,

"Please. Look we're almost done with college and in a few months, this will all be gone. Please." Eunhui begs,

"I'm not fine with this." Jongdae grits out, but reluctantly gives into her wishes.


"Is Ge there?" The face on the screen asks, glancing at the people on his screen.

"We kept this from him, like you asked." The raven-haired lady raises an eyebrow as she gives him a look.

"What's going on?" The other lady asks, fidgeting as she can see the two males on the screen anxiously glance at each other.

"It's happening again." Junmyeon speaks, noting everyone in the room tense up.

"The beanpole?" The blonde questions, warily glancing at his older brother, before looking at the screen.

"No. Someone else. She's refusing to give any names."

"I'll take care of it." The silver-haired male stands, "Look out for her." He requests, before he's walking out the room, with his phone pulled out.


Sooyoung refuses to let Eunhui out of her sight after that incident, and for when she absolutely has to leave her, Junmyeon or Jongdae are always hanging with her. Which keeps the bullies away, though Minji figures out that Eunhui has still to reveal anything about the incidents to anyone or more specifically her being the one behind it.


"Minji knows. She knows about our arrangement." Eunhui tells Sehun, the night the Oh family returns. Sehun is surprised as his girlfriend and him have texted throughout the week, but she has yet to mention anything.

"She hasn't said anything to me." Sehun voices out loud,

"She probably wants to hear it from you. It's most likely a test to see if you'll tell her or not." Eunhui advices, before heading off to her room.

She's in the middle of putting on her T-shirt, when the door to her room is being opened, before she can cover her bruises,

"What the fu*k, E?" Suhyun cusses, hurrying to her.

"It's nothing. I fell down the stairs." Eunhui lies, but Suhyun doesn't fall for it, as he searches for the other injuries, he scowls seeing her elbow and left knee.

"Who did this?" He asks, but the shorter keeps mum.

"Look, I talked to the others and I really don't want to make a big deal out of this. So, please. Just let this go." Eunhui pleads.


"I told Minji about the arrangement." Sehun tells his friends,

"How did she take it?" Jongin asks,

"She was surprisingly chill about it. Even she knows, I would never willingly want to marry fu*ly." Sehun says, not noticing the girl standing right behind him.

His friends try to warn him, but Sehun keeps yapping about how he has the unfortunate luck of being paired to the world's ugliest nerd, basically insulting Eunhui till she is glossy eyed.

Without a word, she turns and walks out of the cafe.

"Just so you know, Eunhui was standing right behind you." Kyungsoo sighs, shaking his head as he heads over to his next class.

"What?" Sehun asks, confused.

"She heard everything." Baekhyun confirms.

Sehun doesn't know how to react because as unaffected as he should be, the uneasy feeling seems to stick to him for a long time.


"Sehun, should we go on a date tonight?" Minji pouts, clinging onto her boyfriend as she eyes Eunhui seated at the table across them.

"I can't. My grandfather wants us home tonight." Sehun tells her, eyes focused on Eunhui and Junmyeon. While Eunhui is typing away on her laptop, Junmyeon is feeding her bites of food as he talks to Prof. Kim.

"Is fu*ly going to be there?" Minji asks, Sehun internally winces hearing the nickname, but he pushes the guilt down.

"Well, she does stay there." Sehun sasses, frowning when he sees Junmyeon gently push Eunhui's hair away from her face, to which Eunhui reacts with a peck on his cheek. The older male turns bright red and Sehun frowns as his fiancee (to-be) pokes his cheek with a cute giggle.


"Does it hurt to know Sehun will never look at you?" Minji taunts,

Eunhui sighs, tired of the drama that comes with Minji.

"Minji, Sehun belongs to you and I have no plans of snatching him from the person that makes him happy." Eunhui tells her,

"Only because you know, you could never compete with me." Minji smirks, Hui sighs, sidestepping the other to head towards the exit, but Minji props her foot out, sending Hui tumbling down the stairs.

"E, Are you okay?" Sooyoung asks, running to help Eunhui to her feet, while Tao helps collect her things.

"I should have known it would be you. You the one who beat her up, weren't you?" Sooyoung accuses, stomping up to Minji.

"What are you talking about?" Minji puts on her best innocent face,

"Why don't you and your boyfriend stay away from her?" Sooyoung tells her, but the girl suddenly starts sniffiling with tears lining her eyes.

"I don't know what you mean." Minji cries,

"Stay away from Eunhui." Sooyoung warns her,

"Sooyoung." Sehun calls, seeing the tall girl stand over his sobbing girlfriend.

"Sehun. She keeps yelling at me to stay away from Eunhui and you." Minji cries to her boyfriend, causing Sooyoung to scoff,

"Bi*ch, I said you and your boyfriend stay away from Eunhui. I could gave a rat's a*s about your relationship." She scoffs, pulling Eunhui away from the scene.

"Sehun just so you know, I saw your little girlfriend trip Eunhui down the stairs. Ask her, Why she keeps attacking Eunhui." Sooyoung says, before they head out the door.

"Baby." Chanyeol calls, Sooyoung protectively stands in front of Eunhui,

"Sooyoung." Her boyfriend frowns, seeing his girlfriend eye the two boys behind him.

"I don't trust them to not hurt Hui again." Sooyoung mumbles, wrapping her arms tightly around Eunhui.

"E." Jongin turns, watching his brother run to check on the girl, before he takes over for Sooyoung. Eunhui mumbles something to Junmyeon, causing him to look up and give his brother a small smile and nod, before they're walking away.

"Does your brother have a crush on Eunhui or something?" Baekhyun jokes,

"Who has a crush on Eunhui?" Sehun asks, coming out the room, with his girlfriend wrapped around his arm.

"My brother. I'm not sure. He does care about her a lot." Jongin shrugs, never having asked his brother for an explanation. "Everything okay?" Jongin asks, wanting to switch topics, seeing the look on his best friend's face.

Minji immediately starts reciting a fake story and half way through the narrative, Baekhyun and Chanyeol zone out, knowing the girl is most likely making up lies.


 "Sehun-ah." Grandpa Oh calls his youngest,

"Hi. Grandpa." Sehun says, joining the elder in his study.

"Tea?" Sehun shakes his head, though he does help refill his the elder's cup.

"I've been meaning to ask you, how Eunhui and you are doing?" Grandpa starts,

"We're fine." Sehun lies,

"Are you sure?" Grandpa asks, giving him a look.

"Of course. Grandpa, we're fine." Sehun says,

"We're going to have to push your engagement back, because of the recent troubles going on at the company. I talked to Eunhui and she's more than okay to postpone it." Grandpa sighs, upset about having to postpone once again as really wants his youngest married to Eunhui.

"I'm fine with that. You know I don't want to get married this young." Sehun jokes, feeling somewhat disappointed at the news, opposite of how he thinks he should be reacting.

"Sehun, if you're unhappy with this alliance, please let me know. If you don't want to go through with this alliance, I'll call it off." his grandfather observes him. Sehun keeps quiet, choosing to focus on the cookie in his hand, when he sees the elder look relieved at his grandson for wanting to go ahead with the arrangement.


Walking out the office, Sehun keeps asking himself why he couldn't open his mouth in front of the elder. Why the words stuck in his throat, refusing to come out. 

That night he heads over to Jongin's hoping to get a clear answer, but he's left more confused especially when Jongin asks him if he's happy with Minji. He's even more confused when Jongin asks if he truly wants Eunhui out of his life. 


"HAPPY BIRTHDAY." The yells startles Sehun. Baekhyun volunteered his apartment to hold a surprise party for their young brat.

Minji tries to jump on him to wish him first, but Sehun discreetly pushes her away in favor of his friends. After making his through the crowd with Minji stuck on his arm, Sehun sees Eunhui hanging out with his brother, and Junmyeon. He watches Jun feed the girl, as the trio seem to be in a heated discussion. 

"Sehun. What are you looking at?" Minji gets his attention, standing on her toes to follow her boyfriend's gaze, but the heavy crowd blocks her view.

"Nothing. Just looking around." Sehun lies, knowing how weird Minji is about Eunhui.

"Do you want something to drink?" Sehun asks her, seeing Eunhui heading for the kitchen.

"Yes, please." Minji pecks his cheek, before letting him go.

Eunhui is standing in front of the open fridge, trying to decide on her drinks, when a hand reaches from behind her to grab two bottles of beer.

"Why do you seem like you're making a tough decision?" Sehun teases,

"Suhyun and Jun are quite picky about his drinks." Eunhui pouts, not noticing the other roll his eyes,

"Do you think there's any juice hidden here?" She turns to him, but the male only scoffs,

"If you have lover boy, then why do you keep pushing yourself on me? Seriously, let me out of this stupid contract. How desperate are you, trying to cling onto my family with that toy of yours?" Sehun sneers, harshly bumping shoulders with her as he leaves the kitchen.

Eunhui sighs, turning back to the open fridge.


"Hey, did Hui tell you if she was going to be late?" Suhyun asks, popping his head into Eunsun's room first, before asking Sehun, but they both refuse.

Suhyun waits another hour to call Eunhui, but the girl doesn't pick up her phone, nor is she replying to her texts.

"Hey, Are you with E?" He sends a text to Jongdae, Junmyeon, Sooyoung and Tao, but they all respond with a negative.

"I'll be right back." Suhyun informs his sister, before heading to the garage.

He gets a phone call as he's getting in the car.

"Is she not home yet?"

"No. I tried calling, but she's not picking up, nor is she answering my texts. I'm heading over to campus"

"I'll meet you there."

He gets another call soon after from Junmyeon.

"Is she not home yet?"

"I'm going to check on campus. Jongdae is meeting me there." Suhyun catches him up.

"I'll meet you there. I'm not getting a good feeling about this." Junmyeon muses,

"Me neither." Suhyun mumbles, hanging up the phone as he forgoes speeding regulations.


Jongdae is already waiting for them, as the car pulls up in front of the library.

"I checked her usual study spot, she's not there." Jongdae fidgets, trying his best to keep a calm mind.

"Maybe she's somewhere else." Suhyun suggests, but the three know better, Eunhui never stays out past midnight without someone else with her, much less without letting at least someone know about her whereabouts.

"Let's look around the library one more time and then we can search nearby locations." Junmyeon suggests, the three split up and make sure to search every single corner but they return dejected.

"She's not here. We can go look at open cafe's or parks." Suhyun says, making his way to his car, when a phone rings.

"They found her."