Chapter 11

Until It's Gone

Next morning, the students are surprised to see the room divided into 10 sections, with each team assigned a specific spot.

"Each team can go check on their investments, before breakfast and once before they leave for their next task." The Dean announces, going to take her seat, while the teams run to their investments, as their 10 tables set up around the room.

Eunhui and her team return with amazing turnouts in their investments, leading to a disgruntled Sehun, but the team chooses to stick to Eunhui's leadership.

After breakfast, the teams are once again given the chance to go around to each company and invest. This time though they're provided with a lengthy summary on each companies operations along with a credit analysis.

Once that's done, the next task is given, which is basically a scavenger hunt. The hunt starts with each team given a riddle, that leads them to a certain professor and that professor gives them a quick task and if they succeed, they're given their next clue after which they make their way to the next spot.

"Your Side - H.S.M, What even?" Baekhyun reads out the words on their first clue.

"E." Sooyoung whine, coming to hug her friend as she hands Eunhui their team's clue.

"Money for Good. - A.F.G" Eunhui reads, asking Baekhyun for their team's paper,

"Are you serious? They're on the other team." Sehun sneers, stopping Baekhyun.

"She literally showed us hers." Eunhui rolls her eyes, snatching the note from Baekhyun and handing it to Sooyoung.

"Let's just work together." Tao suggests, looking at his friends and though Sehun looks upset, he has to give in to the rest of the team's wishes.

"Money for Good? Money Cleanse. The 30-day Money Cleanse, it's by Ashley something. Sooyoung, it's a book Prof. Shim had on his syllabus, last semester." Eunhui says, the group looks skeptical, but then Tao reminds them of the Mastering the Market Cycle by Howard S. Marks that another professor assigned a report on.

"It's worth a short." Sooyoung says, before each teaming is heading of to look for their professors.

"Are we at the right spot?" Eunhui asks, when they find Prof. Cho relaxing by the pool.

"I'm not sure? What was your clue?" Once the team is done explaining their clue, the Professor has them chose a post it note and the group has to answer the question to move on, thankfully the Marketing major gets the correct answer and they're given the next clue.

Once again, it's a similar format as the previous. Eunhui and them run into other teams, but the competitive nature of Eunsun wins out and she refuses to help their team, nor does she want to receive their help either.

"You're here." Jongdae smiles, greeting Eunhui's team with a bright smile.

"We got your thesis project, and you're the last professor left, so I know it's you. Just give us our task." Eunhui bluntly states,

The male smiles handing her their last task, but they're surprised to see a complete different language.

"I'm not good at Chinese?" Nana voices, recognizing the characters,

"It's asking for the oldest person in our group?" Eunhui tells them,

"Congrats. You team is the first to complete the circle." Jongdae tells them, handing them an envelope.

"You can head over inside and get started on the next task." Jongdae says, pushing the group inside, while the team leaders read the next instructions.

"We're stranded on an island and we get to choose 7 items to take with us." Eunhui tells them, passing the paper around the group. 

"How long would we be stranded?" Yoobin, the marketing major asks,

"I'm not sure, let's assume it's a long time." Eunhui says, as they near the conference room. The Dean and Prof.Kang are waiting for them just outside the closed doors.

"Congrats on being the first group to finish." The dean starts, Opening the doors and letting them inside, while Prof. Kang stands guard outside. "Your team can choose 7 items only. No more." She warns them, before letting them see a huge stack of items in the middle of the room. 

"Sunblock" Eunhui voices, as soon as her eyes land on the huge bottle. The dean, taking the bottle away and setting it on a cloth labeled group 7.

"Bug Spray?" Eunhui says,

"Hammocks?" Sehun scoffs, "The tent would be better." He voices,

"But hammocks keep the critters away." Eunhui voices,

"Seriously?" Sehun glares at her,

"Let's look at other items, we can always choose at the end." Baekhyun suggests, After discussing with the team, they choose the giant box of matches, flashlights, water filter, first-aid kit, and hammocks.

Sehun grumbles even after they've left the room and manages to whine about it to Baekhyun all throughout lunch.

Once again, the teams are allowed to check on their investments before and after lunch.

After lunch, the teams are given jigsaw puzzle, but they find out that some of the pieces they were given belong to other teams and they have to come with practical methods to trade, negotiate or simply buy back their pieces because as always, the first team to solve their puzzle will be rewarded.

Sooyoung and Eunhui simply trade back their pieces, along with Kyungsoo's team, but Eunsun manages to get them to hand over a certain percent of their stocks in the entertainment industry, while Eunhui also manages to get Eunsun to give up half her stake in the automobile company. 

"She managed to outsmart Sun." Baekhyun whispers to Sehun, the younger himself is shocked, once Eunsun had declared it a done deal.

"I think your sister just fell in love with her." Baekhyun adds, seeing Eunsun look at Eunhui with twinkling eyes,

"So?" Sehun rolls his eyes, pushing Baekhyun away and trying to help his team complete the puzzles, while Eunhui drags Baekhyun with her around the room to negotiate with the other teams.

Kyungsoo's team emerges as the winner, while Eunhui's team barely manages to get second, moments before Sooyoung. First place is given the opportunity to switch out one team member of their group with another person, no questions asked. Sehun practically begs Kyungsoo to chose him, but the shorter knows he's in for a headache if he puts Jongin and Sehun together, and he really doesn't want to work with the loud mouth Baekhyun. In the end he ends up switching his step-sibling for Chanyeol. Eunsun looks pissed as one of her best players leaves the group, but Jongin isn't too bad either.

After dinner, the professors announce the last task though the students aren't given a clue, rather they're led to a bus with only the things they have on themselves. There's two buses, one bus takes off in one direction, while another takes off in another.

Kyungsoo's team/ Team 4 leaves first, followed by Eunsun/Team 6, followed after Team 7/Eunhui's team, while Sooyoung is Team 10.

Each team being dropped off at a certain distance.  At each drop of point, the teams are handed a letter , which basically state that the items the teams chose have been delivered and it's their job to find it before sunset.

After almost an hour of walking, Eunhui and her team come upon their selected items sitting in the middle of what looks to be campgrounds.

“What’s the point of this?” Baekhyun grumbles, hurrying to get to the Bug spray. Everyone starts whinging about having to spend the night in the woods, to the point where the team leader has to yell at them to stop.

“Okay, listen. Baekhyun and Yoobin, get started on setting the hammocks up. Jinwoo should go out and collect some wood, so we can get a fire started, Sehun will go with him. While Nana and I are going to go search for some water." Eunhui commands, picking up the water filter and the few spare containers they were given, along with the flashlight.

"Take the flashlight and be sure to not stray too far." Eunhui warns, before heading off with Nana.

They walk for about 30 minutes before they come upon a water fall and get started on filling up the containers.


"What's wrong?" Eunhui asks, seeing two members of her team anxiously pacing around, sighing at the sight of the hammocks already set up.

"We gathered some wood, but on my way back, I lost track of Sehun." Jinwoo tells them,

Yoobin continues, " Baekhyun went to go look for him."

"Don't panic. Knowing those two, I'm sure it's one of Sehun's pranks." Eunhui sighs,

"Are you sure?" Yoobin asks, Eunhui takes a closer look at her and notices her disheveled look along with twigs and leaves sticking in her hair.

"No, that's why I'm going to go try and look for them." She tells him, throwing in the first-aid kit, two bottles of water along with several match boxes in the small backpack, before grabbing the flashlight.

"I don't care what happens, unless it's a life or death matter, the three of you are going to stick together. Understood." She leaves them with a final warning.


"Baekhyun." Eunhui yells, knowing he's more likely to answer her, compared to her to-be fiancee.

It's another 20 minutes later, she sees a small ditch along with a piece of cloth on the ground.

"Baekhyun?" Eunhui calls, a groan sounds and she points her flashlight down the ditch to see Sehun close to unconsciousness.

"Are you hurt?" Eunhui worries, pointing the flashlight over his body, to check for any open wounds.

"My ankle. I think I might have twisted it." Sehun tells her,

"Do you think you'll be able to push yourself up?" She asks, the ditch seems to be about 8 to 9 feet deep,

"Not by myself." Sehun tells her, his right ankle is slightly swollen.

"Can you try and maybe I can pull you up?" She asks, already setting the backpack on the ground, while she tries to look for a sturdy branch or anything to help pull him up.

"I can't physically move. My foot hurts and I'm pretty sure I hurt my head when I rolled down here." He tells her.

"Just hold on." She tells him, before running off.

After several attempts at calling out for Baekhyun, and getting no response, Eunhui returns back to see Sehun almost dozing off.

"Sehun, don't fall asleep. If you hurt your head, you might be suffering from a concussion." She warns him, trying to figure out, the best method to help him.

"But I'm sleepy." The male whines, Eunhui rolls her eyes, before carefully tossing him a water bottle.

"Drink up." She mumbles, as she works on tying up long branches together. While she works, she tries to get Sehun to keep talking, even though she barely pays attention to what he says, she makes sure he stays up.

"Okay. Let's hope this works." Eunhui mumbles, finishing tying up several branches into a pseudo rope. She carefully backs down into the ditch, and untying herself, she gets to cleaning up the open wound on Sehun's head.

She attempts to look at his ankle, but the male pushes her away.

"What's your problem?" She yells at him,

"Don't touch it." He yells back, pushing her away.

"Sehun seriously, now is not the time for your ego, as a dancer, you should know ankle injuries can be fatal in your line of work." She scolds him, moving closer to take a look at the swollen ankle.

Sehun keeps quiet even after she's done wrapping his ankle up.

"I know you're supposed to rest the injury, but we don't have that luxury right now. So, let's just try to get back to the others." She suggests, trying to help him up.

However, the minute Sehun tries to pull himself up, the pseudo rope snaps and falls into the ditch with them.

"Are you kidding me?" Eunhui yells, frustrated. After several attempts at trying to get Sehun out of the ditch, the duo gives up and plops down.

"Hey, you can't fall asleep." Eunhui smacks his cheeks, seeing the other about to shut his eyes. "Sehun, I'm serious." Eunhui yells, sprinkling some water on him, to keep him awake.

"SEHUN." They hear a loud yell, instantly perking up.

"Baekhyun." Sehun confirms, pushing Eunhui to her feet, as the girl starts yelling for Baekhyun.

Finally after, several attempts they get Sehun out first, followed by Eunhui and though Sehun insists on walking, Baekhyun volunteers to piggy back him back.

"Yoobin, huh?" Eunhui asks, noticing Baekhyun smirk,

"What can I say, women love me." He shrugs, causing Sehun to chuckle,

"How did you end up falling anyway, idiot?" Baekhyun asks,

The rest of the walk, Sehun tells them, how Jinwoo and him strayed away from each other and on his way to look for the other, his ankle slipped resulting in a roll down a ditch. As they get closer to their site, they see a smoke trail and conclude the remaining members have managed to a fire going.

Once everyone is accounted for, the group comes to sit around the fire to enjoy some of the snacks their faculty thankfully left for them.

"Should he be sleeping?" Nana asks, looking over at a dozing Sehun.

"Someone just needs to wake him up every couple of hours to check on him." Yoobin says,

"I'll do it." Baekhyun yawns,

"It's fine, get some sleep. I'll do it." Eunhui tells him, pointing at her watch to indicate, she's the only one with the means to keep an accurate time check.


"Sehun." Eunhui wakes him up, forcing him to sit up, while she works on changing his dressing, before looking at his swollen ankle. The swelling seems to have gotten better after she wrapped an ice pack around it.

She asks him a few questions, before she lets him go back to sleep. However, she's woken up sometime around 3am, to the sound of a thud, only to see Sehun limping over to a bush and folding over.

"Just to be on the safe side, you shouldn't be sleeping." She says, handing him some water and salted crackers, though he rejects the crackers.

"I don't think I can manage to stay awake by myself." He tells her, plopping down into his hammock. Baekhyun set Sehun and Eunhui slightly away from the rest of the group, in fact it seems as if he made it so each couple was at a little distance from the next.

"Tell me how you got into dance?" She takes the responsibility as the team leader, So, as the sun starts to rise, Sehun basically lays out his entire life story for Eunhui and the girl quietly listens to him talk, occasionally asking more questions to get him to continue talking.

"Sehun." Beakhyun calls out, heading over to check on the younger, only to be surprised at seeing the arranged couple awake, with Sehun sporting a small smile.

"How are you feeling, buddy?" Baekhyun asks, taking over for Eunhui, so she can get some sleep.


"How long are we supposed to be here?" Jinwoo asks, whining about how uncomfortable it is to sleep in a hammock.

"We don't know. Let's just hope it's soon." Eunhui prays, looking over at Sehun. Thankfully, he's managed to keep his breakfast down.

"We need more water." Nana points out,

"Baekhyun and I can go get us more." Yoobin volunteers, looking over at Baekhyun, the male looks hesitant but Sehun assures him, he'll be okay, so the two head off after listening to the strict directions given by their team leader.

Sehun manages to doze off, so the three members use the chance to get to know each other.

"Shouldn't they be back by now?" Nana wonders, looking over the direction Baekhyun & Yoobin went off to,

"They probably took a detour, I'm sure they'll find their way back." Eunhui scoffs, knowing exactly what's taking them so long.


That day passes by with idle chitter and trying to go explore their surroundings, with the exception of Sehun. Nana volunteers to stay with him, as she's not the biggest fan of the outdoors.

Even after hours of walking, the group doesn't find anything but woods. However, on the way back to their site. Jinwoo and Eunhui stumble upon a bag of groceries, with a note letting them know it's for their team.

The team is slightly upset they have to spend another night in the woods, but they perk up and use that time to talk more amongst themselves.


As they're finishing up breakfast, a small noise alerts them, only to sigh in relief as Prof. Kim comes into view.

"I'm glad to see everyone alive." Jongdae jokes, though the smile falls of his face at the sight of an injured Sehun.

"What happened?" Jongdae worries, though Eunhui is quick to explain the situation.

"Let's go." Jongdae says, giving them 10 minutes to wrap up everything, before leading them to the bus.

"When you get back each group will be giving 15 minutes to decide on their final investments, after which you'll be free to shower and grab a few more hours of sleep if you want, or enjoy some free time around the resort. This is the last day of the trip, so be sure to have your items packed when we ask you to gather. After which the winners of the trip will be announced." He tells them.


The other's worry as soon as they see the youngest and Eunsun is about to yell at Eunhui for not looking over her baby-brother, but thankfully Baekhyun and surprisingly Sehun stand up for her. Getting back to the resort, Sehun is taken to the doctor along with a few others who suffered from injuries as well.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you." Eunsun apologizes, Hui looks confused, turning to Sooyoung for help but the taller has a soft smile on her face.

"It's fine." Hui tells her, wanting the topic to just end.

"Baekhyun told me you took care of Sehun and had it not been for you first-aid, the injuries could have been worse." Sun adds,

"Sehun is on my team and as team leader it's my job to make sure they're all fine. Please don't thank me for doing my job." Hui bluntly states, before heading to freshen up.


"Swimming?" Sooyoung suggests, but Eunhui shakes her head,

"Why don't you go spend time with your boyfriend? I think I might just walk around after I'm done packing up." Eunhui tells her, the taller looks reluctant to leave her alone with after more assuring Sooyoung leaves her.


"Ouch." She hears, just as she's turning the corner to see Sehun looking at his fallen wallet.

"Here." Eunhui calls, stopping him from bending down.

"Thanks, Fu*ly." Sehun subconsciously blurts out the nickname,

"Never change. Oh Sehun." She shakes her head, and continues walking, leaving the taller looking after her.