Plan comes Full Circle

Best Kept Secret

Those soft lips, the sweet taste, warm breath. I miss them already. When will you give it next? Ah, never mind. Your lips rolling in your mother tongue looks cute and sounds just as sweet. Whatever it is you’re saying.

Jihyo enjoys these moments in the Japanese promotions. The moments when she could be beside Sana and just marvel at her. She can’t help but fidget while Sana is conversing with the Shibuya Note hosts.

“Hmm?” Sana catches her.

Jihyo lightly shakes her head, “Sugoi desu ne.” Sana smirks.

Jeongyeon is on the other side of Sana while Chaeyoung is behind Jihyo. They are satisfied witnessing the power of those two as partners together again on-screen. This NoJam mission was critical. Because Sana and Jihyo give each other strength that makes the team brighter.

“Those two complements each other really well~ Look at what they’ve done to them. To all of us.” These were Chaeng’s words when she was about to ask Jeong the favor.

“Everyone makes mistakes. Even the company.”

“But we’re the ones paying for their mistakes. Tsk.” Chaeng had seen not only herself raise her fanservice.

EVERYONE has been quadrupling down their efforts. It’s supposed to be only for the lack of Mina in the upcoming special promotions. But since the issue, it has to be done for the crippled image of Jihyo too.

Hence, Chaeng’s favor. “We have to show them off, hyung. They should be in plain sight.”

Jeongyeon gasped, “We about to make mistakes too huh.”

After the telecast, Twice is arranged to head back to Korea despite incoming inclement weather. Sana starts a vertical Live while waiting. Moments later, a bunch of laughs can be heard in the background.

“Sounds more fun in there. Do I turn this off now?” Sana is thinking out loud.

Turns out Momo also started a Live but horizontally. Most of the members are making their appearances in there including Jihyo. Sana eventually ends her Live and joins the others. She sits at a corner with her back facing the camera.

“Sana looks upset”, Jihyo reads a comment. She abruptly pats Sana’s waist to check on her. “Why are you upset?”

Sana denies, “Who said that?”

Momo explains the probable root cause, “I really didn’t know you were on Live.” Nayeon adds that it was an honest mistake. Sana, Jihyo, and Nayeon settle the little misunderstanding out of frame.

“Momo and Nayeon-ie owes her one”, Jeongyeon mutters while packing stuff across the chaos happening that is the Live.

“Nice!” Chaeyoung rubs her hands knowingly.

Jeong tilts her head wondering. “Really can’t grasp your mind. Them in plain sight, now this? I think we’re really making a mistake but I’m going with you in everything.”

“We are rebelling, hyung. Remember? You’d figure it out in the GQ mag. Have you gotten a copy?”

“Yup! I’ll read it well on Chuseok.”

Twice arrives safely in Korea. The first MV teaser has also dropped making the world anticipate for the next days. The girls, on the other hand, are rigorously preparing for the comeback showcase and the following promotions. The only pocket of air they have in this harsh wave of schedule is the Chuseok Festival.

When the foreigners are going back to their hometowns, Nayeon notices a trending discussion on Jihyo’s peaches selca that was posted 2 days ago.

“Eww?” She reads the article made out of netizens’ assumption that Jihyo was sending lovestagram to Kang Daniel.

Nayeon has glint on her eyes while typing something on her iPhone, “Ah what do we expect? The world really knows differently.”

She sighs.

“No, you’re just BABO. Helloooo? Momo is peach. And I’m also peach!” Nayeon then posted selcas of her and Momo with peach filter similar to Jihyo’s post. “Sana-yah, please accept our apology.”

Nayeon inhales then exhales, “Now this is holiday.” She kicks her feet up.

Chuseok is one of the only few times a year when the girls could actually spend time with their families. While they eat good food, they also watch the Idol Star Athletics Championship.

Dahyun sees herself on tv doing almost 14-hours’ worth of MC duties. She reminisces the recording day, the day Chaeng’s plan commenced.

“Onceu, do you hear us now? Can you finally understand what we’re saying?”

Back then, only the School Meal Club attended ISAC. They competed in archery as usual. Although they were eliminated in the first round, they sure left an impression.

“We are used as a diversion. Making people forget what the real problems are.”

In all black leather armor suit and hairs kempt in ponytails, Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu donned The Hunger Games Mockingjay outfits.

“And just like Katniss, we’re fighting back.”

“The company is an impossible adversary. Even so, with just our voices, just ourselves—this is our rebellion.

Jihyo unnie~ She is who she is. Not what they make her out to be. Hear our sincerity, Onceu. Listen to us.”

While also watching ISAC at home, Jeongyeon opens up her copy of the GQ magazine. “It got censored but Onces must have picked up on her tattoos by now and followed Chaeng leading them here?”

She turns to the pages of Chaeng’s interview. Sooner, she chuckles when Mina was mentioned. “Do these two realize they also complement each other like how Sana and Jihyo are partners?”

As she continues reading, a part of the interview hit her hard. “Chaeyoung ssi, the question is so simple. You didn’t have to~ Why so serious? WHY?!” With eyes sweating profusely, Jeongyeon fans her face.

Question: Is your job fun?

“It would have been way more difficult had I been alone. Since there are 8 others beside me, I find strength. That’s especially true this year.  

We really love each other. Because more than any other friends, we’re the only ones who understand each other.”

For a question so simple, Chaeyoung indeed has given a serious answer. This grand scheme is designed without expectations. Not even to be understood. Because she knows the world is incapable of that.

“Now I get it Chaeyoung-ah.” Jeong wipes off her tears. “Let’s keep expressing our true selves then.”

Chaeyoung, on the other hand, is chilling with her family where the sea could be heard. She has just finished a sketch. “I haven’t seen that around. What is that?” Her dongsaeng asks.

“Angel fish.” She puts it up and takes a better look. “If any would bother ask why, I would say because it’s pretty.” And even if I don’t say anything, as long as it comes from me then it’s the truth. My truth.

She drops it back down, “keep expressing yours Jihyo unnie.”